BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

It's been confirmed by the Pompey chief executive David Lampitt in the local Portsmouth newspaper and he goes on to say say: 'Nadir has made a very positive contribution to Pompey during his two years at the club, during which time he has developed as a player to the point of his impressive displays for Algeria at the World Cup. We'd like to thank Nadir for his efforts towards the Pompey cause and wish him all the best for the future.'

Also confirmed on their official website.

:P :P :P

Oh no he's not.

Seems some things never change with Pompey.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Man U, Barca have cash flow to keep them out of short term doodah and like Man U can and do flog off players for tens of millions when things get a bit tight. They also have more assets but selling off football grounds etc into the current Spanish real estate market is an interesting prospect.

I suspect that all round Europe (except Germany probably), the sound of financial chickens coming home to roost during 2010/11 will be more deafening in football clubs than the vuvuzelas. That is why I am relaxed about Rovers remaining in Walker Trust ownership just now- next summer will be the time to have a war chest and get real value and a competitive leg up, not this summer.

So your now predicting meltdown next year! I'm surprised you still feel you have credibilty to post on this topic having got it wrong so many times before.

Either I'm missing something or I got lucky in passing maths at school and have mis-calculated, but weren't they supposed to be in debt?

"the club rumoured to be over £100 million in debt" - an article I juse read as of 11th June.

Straight out of the Gold/Sullivan book - 'How to run a football club' it would seem.

Scharner isn´t a bad player but Liverpool shouldn´t sign him. They should buy much better players. Roy is an excellent small club manager but will have major problems at Anfield.

They bring in the players their status and financial clout prescribes.

Liverpool are now a non-Champions League club in crippling debt.

Past reputations mean little.

I know they have money but when was the last time they splashed it? Also didnt they pull out of the Krasic deal over money, and instead chose the relatively cheaper Uruguayan lad?

Last time direct funds were put into the club was 2002,around £20 million.

The Krasic deal was agreed at £15 million,but Cska then upped it to £16.5 million,so that brought things to a holt,Juventus refusing to pay out of principle.become battle of wit's.Both City and Fenerbahce have met the £16.5 million asking price,but player isn't interested in either.Is hoping teams finally agree,so he can move to Juventus.

Archived