BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

App we've enquired about Barnetta. Keep getting linked with wingers, yet i'd say it's the lowest priority.

Ffan, I hope for your sake the growing rumours of Sidwell signing for you imminently are not true. He's a useless lump.

Some rumours, maybe old news...

Aston Villa have approached Leverkusen for Swiss winger Barnetta, and would be favorites.

S'land apparently after Hutton, but Spurs want £9 mill. Westerman, Mensah and Sol Campbell also on Bruce wanted-list, alongside with a new striker (Utaka/Gyan mentioned).

Anthony Annan - both club and player waiting for offers. Asking price would be around £4 mill.

City in for Dzeko, with Santa Cruz as part of offer.

Ricardo Carvalho seen in Milano...

I knew Boruc was arriving last week,but being on holiday haven't checked on Frey not sure where he's off.

Barnetta, the fella at celtic & Mbark Boussoufa have been enquired about.So if Milner leaves you have a replacement.

Agnelli keeps raising on City,so Cities chances of signing Dzeko less likely now.More 50-50 now

City may have money,but they are a small club compared to Juventus.

And that is now starting to show.

ft1.jpg

Torres isn't going anywhere.

He might just be one of the few class players remaining.

I take it you mean on the treatment table? :rolleyes:

This injury might be the straw that broke the camels back for Livvie. His injury and performance in the World Cup (I bet he feels embarrassed about that pic) will have decimated his value. Unless they have a money tree somewhere I think that will be money that the bank will be demanding and that Liverpool would have been counting on.

Next up ... Gerrards saleable value must have plummeted too.

Not a good World Cup at all for the scouse reds. :unsure:

• Backroom

Torres had a poor world cup....Bizarre how all the prem stars of the last couple of seasons all failed - Ronaldo, Torres, Rooney, Lampard, Drogba etc.

I think it would be fair to say La Liga trounced the premier league this world cup.

I think it will really set itself apart as the best league in the world in the next couple of years.

I think it would be fair to say La Liga trounced the premier league this world cup.

I think it will really set itself apart as the best league in the world in the next couple of years.

depends what you like watching. skill wise there's no doubt they are streets ahead, but excitement and pace are much more the premier leagues strengths. Besides which these things go in cycles - i can remember when everyone wanted to watch the Italian league.

Depends on a few non-footballing things though TCO. Spain is possibly going to do a Greece, which will probably damage all the clubs not called Real Madrid, as government austerity plans will lead to higher taxes and job cuts and so on. The clubs will have less money coming in from the fans, and the superstar players will have to pay high taxes. Similar things may happen in Italy, though with all the alleged corruption and economic policies geared towards winning votes and money for Berlosconi, who knows what will happen?

I'm no expert on finance, but I think the Bundesliga will be more attractive, as the German economy has been weathering the storm better, and has propped up the Euro.

• Backroom

Sorry maybe a bad turn of phrase on my

Part. What I mean is it could possibly be more and more seen as the 'A league' the place were the big boys want to play.

In a way it could benefit our league and teams such as ours if this was to happen.

In other earth shattering news I am also retiring from

International football.

Actually I'm thinking of taking it up. I reckon that even at my age and my level of fitness I could do as well as most of the shower who turned out for England B)

Steven reid has retired from international football

Ah well, I guess we will have more Keef is wonderful because he plays for RoI posts this coming season. There again, I had an Irish Granddad so I could put my boots on again....

In other earth shattering news I am also retiring from International football.

You just wait! Fabio will give you a ring the night before the Euros, when you haven't played for 2 years and get you back out of retirement.

Archived