BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumour spreading like wildfire that Fulham manager will be announced today and I have two names.

Ray Lewington as manager, Danny Murphy player coach. :mellow:

This is just a rumour off a Fulham board, seriously hope it doesn't come to fruition.

Rumour spreading like wildfire that Fulham manager will be announced today and I have two names.

This is just a rumour off a Fulham board, seriously hope it doesn't come to fruition.

I thought Sven was nailed on for the job?

I thought Sven was nailed on for the job?

Not at all.

Sven is asking for something like 3 million or so apparently.

I was away since Thursday and had got a few texts saying Ottmar Hitzfeld, but why the feck would he come to Fulham? What a step down that would be.

I think alot of information has been handed out by managers agents, but it is hard to get even a drip of information from the club itself.

Not at all.

Sven is asking for something like 3 million or so apparently.

I was away since Thursday and had got a few texts saying Ottmar Hitzfeld, but why the feck would he come to Fulham? What a step down that would be.

I think alot of information has been handed out by managers agents, but it is hard to get even a drip of information from the club itself.

Ah one or two of the Sundays were talking like Sven was a done deal. If it were my club I'd not want them touching Sven with a very long bargepole but thats just me!

which board was this off ffan?

Ah one or two of the Sundays were talking like Sven was a done deal. If it were my club I'd not want them touching Sven with a very long bargepole but thats just me!

It's not just you. I think he's clueless. He was good for Sampdoria and Nazio, but he cannot spot a good player, buys a lot of mediocrity, and costs far too much in wages. Fulham would be a much more inconsistent and frustrating team under Sven.

A step down from Switzerland!? Surely most managers would prefer club football!?

A step down from Switzerland!? Surely most managers would prefer club football!?

As opposed to living a very lucrative, less pressured, semi retired existence on the shores of Lake Geneva or similar???

Are you sure Hughesy? Personally it would take an awful lot of money to persuade me to move to London.

He might be managing Switzerland currently but his pedigree is outstanding. No disrespect whatsoever to Fulham but if he is interested in returning to club football it will be with a European big name.

Exactly, nail hit firmly on head

Extracted from that article -

Sunderland.... have almost certainly given up on signing Sol Campbell because of his excessive demands.

Some footballers have a real over-blown opinion of themselves. Much like a few years back when he said he wanted to be an actor when he retires and be the next Denzel Washington. Lives in a different world.

Some footballers have a real over-blown opinion of themselves. Much like a few years back when he said he wanted to be an actor when he retires and be the next Denzel Washington. Lives in a different world.

Or when he said Capello should've taken him to the WC, despite fannying his career away at Notts County for half the season.

That is £60k a week which when adjusted for tax differences means Rovers would have to pay in the region of £90k a week to match it.

Shame we have missed out but offering a 33 year old a wage commitment of £13m+ over three years doesn't make much sense even if we were not tight on money.

Besiktas are almost certainly chucking in free cars and housing as well.

Any rumours on who? O'Hara, James possibles?

Looking like Barrera and probably Remy, with Ben Haim, K-P Boetang, Caicedo, Campbell, Gosling all being possibilities.

Also looks like Diamanti and Kovac are definately on their way closely followed by Behrami, Gabbidon and Upson.

Archived