BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wolves have raided Southampton for Andrew Surman and are bidding for Adam Lallana as well. Both of them seem highly rated but I've never seen them play... Anyone think they have a future in the Premier League?

A bit gutted that we haven't gone in for either, I posted about both of those when the news about Southampton's administration came out a few months back. Surman is a solid and versatile (plays left/centre mid and left back) with a good few U21 caps to his name. As someone else said, Lallana is more raw but certainly a talent.

They are two who would have made excellent squad players for very small outlay. We all know how much players' value inflates when they're English, they're an excellent investment for whoever they go to.

Is naughton a left back? About time they started making some moves!

Can play both sides of full back according to football manager :lol:

ffan what you think about your approach for Andrews?

Not too bothered to be honest. Just so long as we don't pay a big sum for him. We tried buying Gary O'Neill but were priced out of a move apparently so I'd assume Andrews is a back up plan.

Have I missed something, why the talk of Joe Cole moving from Chelsea? He's one of their best players.

Because they have Ashley Cole, Zhirkov and Malouda signed a new deal. There is a debate where Cole plays though, left wing or center midfield?

Is naughton a left back? About time they started making some moves!

I may well be wrong here but does this not bring Spuds left back role call to Bale, Hutton, Corluca and now Naughton?

I suppose this ends their "interest" in Warnock? Unless they are after a team of left backs :wacko:

Because they have Ashley Cole, Zhirkov and Malouda signed a new deal. There is a debate where Cole plays though, left wing or center midfield?

He's better than Malouda, A. Cole is a left back and I've no idea who Zhirkov is (never seen him play). J. Cole plays attacking midfield (L/C/R) - he's a luxury player, but one that Chelsea can afford.

I may well be wrong here but does this not bring Spuds left back role call to Bale, Hutton, Corluca and now Naughton?

I suppose this ends their "interest" in Warnock? Unless they are after a team of left backs :wacko:

Hutton is a RB, Corluka a CB who can also play RB and Naughton is a RB who got moved to LB in Gary Naysmith's absence IIRC.

Spurs left-backs are currently: Bale, Assou-Ekotto, Gilberto (if he is still there) and occasionally O'Hara.

Sorry if that is being a bit picky but just to let you know.

Why has everyone forgotten that Joe Cole also plays on the right wing? He never does for England because we have loads of players for that position, but he does for Chelsea.

Name competition he has on the right wing? No-one worth noting really other than Kalou, and he's nothing special. He'll be at Chelsea next season and will play regularly, it's been a totally wasted discussion.

Hutton is a RB, Corluka a CB who can also play RB and Naughton is a RB who got moved to LB in Gary Naysmith's absence IIRC.

Spurs left-backs are currently: Bale, Assou-Ekotto, Gilberto (if he is still there) and occasionally O'Hara.

Sorry if that is being a bit picky but just to let you know.

Not at all!

I'll get me coat.

The world changed for Liverpool when Gillett received £333m for his 80% stake in the Montreal Canadiens.

Liverpool have been amazingly quiet since then apart from appointing a finance man as new CEO and King Kenny to run their Academy.

You reckon they have spending power again?

I don't know- it is a total mystery at the moment but they are certainly operating under the radar at present.

£333m can do an awful lot depending on how Gillett has decided to use it.

I have previously speculated and will speculate again. Tevez has not gone anywhere yet and I regard the sudden appearance of Mascherano's Mrs being unsettled stories with the utmost suspicion- the hand of Joorabchian??? Tevez saying he will celebrate in front of Ferguson when he scores against Man U was explained in terms of him going to neighbours Citeh but it is Liverpool for whom the Mancs have particular venom remember and vice versa.

I'd rather use Samba up front than Zamora. Hell, I'd even have Andrews there instead of "Super Bobby", our Keith is almost a prolific goalscorer in comparison. Zamora had a decent spell for the Hammers some years back, but has been absolutely horrible after he scored a few vital goals when West Ham survived by the skin of their teeth in 07.

I think Fulham fans appreciate Zamora's work rate and enthusiasm. However, I think ffan will be the first to admit that he is really just a tryer who will work all day for the team, but create or score very little.

He clearly isn't the type of player we are after, especially not for £5m +, so I wouldn't worry - he won't be coming to Rovers.

Archived