BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Im talking about £11.5m or £12m rumoured fee for Remy! :rolleyes:

You do realise that for less than that you could get Bellamy or Robbie Keane who have PROVEN premier league goalscoring ability!?

Infact you could probably pick one of those + Bentley for that money! :wacko:

I agree, but Keane and Bellamy would have no sell on fee and would be dead money. A club like West Ham cannot afford that. We should never pay big money for a player near 30 who in all probability would have no re-sale value.

If Remy would have been a success we could "maybe" have doubled our money or at least got most of it back.

G & S have admitted one of their policies is to source young talent to sell on for a profit, easier said than done I know.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, but Keane and Bellamy would have no sell on fee and would be dead money. A club like West Ham cannot afford that. We should never pay big money for a player near 30 who in all probability would have no re-sale value.

If Remy would have been a success we could "maybe" have doubled our money or at least got most of it back.

G & S have admitted one of their policies is to source young talent to sell on for a profit, easier said than done I know.

Looks like Liverpool are making a move for Remy. On Skys footy web site!

That policy should be the way forward for any club who isnt minted - however £12m is pretty high risk to see any profit....

Looks like the Scousers have got involved now anyway!

That policy should be the way forward for any club who isnt minted - however £12m is pretty high risk to see any profit....

Looks like the Scousers have got involved now anyway!

I agree, I have never seen him play but the french league is hardly the hardest.....

I know, twitchy is sniffing as well, he likes to let us do the donkey work for him.....

Mick, I wonder why G & S spouted that nonsense about getting young players in and then went for Henry, Van Nistleroy, Klose, and finally landed Piquoinne. Not one of them is exactly a spring chicken!!

The fee for Piquoinne is very good but if the contract length is right then the whole deal starts to look very expensive.

I'm just amazed that they are spending like they are after just rescuing the club from huge debt.

I'm just amazed that they are spending like they are after just rescuing the club from huge debt.

I agree - plenty of decent freebies/ loans out their to be had - rather than giving Piquionne 40-50k a week for 3 years. And talking of spending £12m fee + say 40k a week/ 3-4 years for a young French bloke is also crazy & rash.

Thank god the dildo brothers dont own us!

Mick, I wonder why G & S spouted that nonsense about getting young players in and then went for Henry, Van Nistleroy, Klose, and finally landed Piquoinne. Not one of them is exactly a spring chicken!!

The fee for Piquoinne is very good but if the contract length is right then the whole deal starts to look very expensive.

Why are they spouting nonsence ? Did they not try to sign Remy ?

The fact is we have a squad that last season deserved to go down, we cannot just sign a couple of kids and expect to finish mid-table.

We have at the moment no back up for the very inconsistant and injury prone Cole(Mccarthy excluded), thats why we are signing Piquionne.

We cannot afford to go down so we need to strengthen the squad, which is what they are doing and we will pay for the additions by selling some of the underfperforming so called stars.

I really don't know what you expect G & S to do ? Keep the same squad and go down ? Or sell all the best players replace them with championship players than go down !?

I agree - plenty of decent freebies/ loans out their to be had - rather than giving Piquionne 40-50k a week for 3 years. And talking of spending £12m fee + say 40k a week/ 3-4 years for a young French bloke is also crazy & rash.

Thank god the dildo brothers dont own us!

Like who ? Don't see your lot doing much in the transfer market. Or are you banking on Roberts suddenly finding some shooting boots ? :D

to be fair Mick That's probably why we are not over 100 million in debt and saddled with paying 'stars' like Dyer 80k a week for doing sweet FA. I am interested which players have been sold to fund the new players or is it all G and S?

to be fair Mick That's probably why we are not over 100 million in debt and saddled with paying 'stars' like Dyer 80k a week for doing sweet FA. I am interested which players have been sold to fund the new players or is it all G and S?

To be fair to G & S they didn't get the club into debt and they have reduced the debt from £100 Million to £90 Million within 6 Months.

I think we will probably balance the books by the end of the transfer window, the players we are actively trying to shift are Behrami, Kovac, Gabbidon and Diamanti.

Good from the bench but doesn't seem to look so good when he gets a start Mick. Same story when he was with us.

I do like him though and would be over the moon if we could get him back on loan or something. Not likely to happen as it was Sam who let him go in the first place.

Good from the bench but doesn't seem to look so good when he gets a start Mick. Same story when he was with us.

I do like him though and would be over the moon if we could get him back on loan or something. Not likely to happen as it was Sam who let him go in the first place.

I would take him always thought he looked like a natural finisher and there aren't too many of them about.

• Backroom

Not good enough for us in my opinion. Although wouldn't mind him as fourth choice on a minimal wage.

Otherwise no thank you, if he wasn't local he wouldn't be as well remembered.

Yes, he is. No one here could honestly say he wouldn't improve our strike-force.

He really only does that by default since we only have two strikers.

He's not PL quality. Good finisher but you need far more than that to be a PL striker nowadays.

Archived