BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bellamy to Spurs and Robbie Keane to Aston Villa?

Nice little merry-go-round there which makes Spurs and Villa stronger, yet weakens City.

Bellamy was probably the only City player last season that was consistently good, why they're selling him I don't know.

While I agree that he was one of their only consistently good players last season, I'd suggest they're trying to offload him because he is a potential trouble-maker, too outspoken, and apparently clashes with Mancini; because his game is reliant on pace, and he is 31 now; because he has a poor injury record that is only likely to get worse with age; and because they're set to get a pretty big fee, all things considered, from Spurs. I can definitely see the logic in selling him.

Bellamy to Spurs and Robbie Keane to Aston Villa?

Nice little merry-go-round there which makes Spurs and Villa stronger, yet weakens City.

Bellamy was probably the only City player last season that was consistently good, why they're selling him I don't know.

I don't know about that - did you see his performances in City's crucial home games against United and Spurs - he was a total liability! I don't think they'll miss him all that much personally.

A home grown player is defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

No.

How many home grown players do we have in our squad?

Robinson, Dunn, Roberts, Andrews, Brown, Bunn, Judge, Fielding, Olsson. And out of the U21-group, I think everyone else will become home-grown except for Linganzi.

Edit: not sure about Hoilett. He has been in our books, but "registered"?

Sky Sports news ticker: Francis Jeffers is due to train with Black[asprover suffers mild heart attack]pool tomorrow...

Cheers sky, the doctors' bill is in the post.

Yeah I did the same, just seen it on the bottom of the screen and for a second thought we had invited him back.

Just out of curiosity. Is Owen Hargreaves considered a home grown player ?

Canadian reversal. I suppose that means Hoillett is?

Hank Steinbrenner (A Yankee's heir) is looking at buying a PL club, most likely Tottenham.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/144953/New-York-Yankees-450m-Tottenham-Hotspur-bid/

Article sounds awfully speculative to me.

Hicks and Gillette might know of one thats for sale! :lol:

Isn't the guy that owns Spurs ridiculously wealthy? And a big Spurs fan?

Hicks and Gillette might know of one thats for sale! :lol:

Then perhaps the Steinbrenners should consider the Rovers? 25 buying million price and 25 million debt to clear (wild estimates based on figures thrown around the board), means an initial investment of 50 million. If the Spurs are for sale for 450 million, that would leave a savings of 400 million. Investing half of that into the Rovers over 10 years (20 million/year) would transform what is already [generally] a top half club into a serious contender. Much better value for the money, considering the 200 million saved and the time value of the 200 million actually invested. And the Steinbrenners are savvy enough owners to make the Rovers a success.

Though the chance of the Yankee's owners buying a club in Lancashire is not high, unfortunately. But it's nice to dream, and easy too (with a beer in hand).

Then perhaps the Steinbrenners should consider the Rovers? 25 buying million price and 25 million debt to clear (wild estimates based on figures thrown around the board), means an initial investment of 50 million. If the Spurs are for sale for 450 million, that would leave a savings of 400 million. Investing half of that into the Rovers over 10 years (20 million/year) would transform what is already [generally] a top half club into a serious contender. Much better value for the money, considering the 200 million saved and the time value of the 200 million actually invested. And the Steinbrenners are savvy enough owners to make the Rovers a success.

Though the chance of the Yankee's owners buying a club in Lancashire is not high, unfortunately. But it's nice to dream, and easy too (with a beer in hand).

The potential returns from Rovers are far, far less though. Even with huge amounts of investment there's little to no chance we'd achieve Champions League football - and that's where the money is.

anyone read what Robbie Van Persie said about us?

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12098_6268522,00.html

Van Persie added: "I know how difficult it can be to play wonderful football and not get the result you want. I see it at Arsenal more than I want to.

"When we play the likes of Bolton and Blackburn we dominate the game, we play attacking football and they score from a lousy throw-in or an odd corner kick.

"The criticism Holland got in the World Cup I recognise from what we get at Arsenal. It was a final. You don't give up without a fight, do you?"

Too bad we were the better side and completely deserved our win at the end of last season. Arsenal didn't dominate anything. When we have indeed been the weaker side vs Arsenal, we haven't gotten away with sneaky wins or draws, we usually get our worst hammerings of the season.

So not sure what RVP is talking about at all really. I think Wenger hates us so much that it is rubbing off on his squad.

Archived