BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Will he play wide or in the hole??

Gerrards best position is behind the striker, so I wonder whether Cole is his replacement.

It's really not. I don't know how this idea started, but it's ridiculous that everyone now thinks this is the case. His best position is in central midfield - he has the engine, tackling ability and passing range for it. It also makes him MUCH harder to pick up when he does make runs forward.

He's simply not clever enough to play 'in the hole'. His close control isn't good enough, he doesn't see the spaces to move into or the passes to make when crowded for room. It's a massive waste of his talents.

Oh and Cole said he wants to play centrally.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe cole signed for Liverpool on a 4 year deal.

That does suprise me. I'd have thought he'd have gone to a top 4 team. I guess it is all about the money and whilst benayoum has just been sold presumably to keep the wolf from the door then Lpool's bankers must be anticipating a big windfall from the sale of Torres or Gerrard... or both. (maybe even Reina too.)

I like Cole but if as it appears he is just chasing the sort of money that other clubs have chosen to decline then his career will be on a downward curve.

One crumb of comfort is that history tells us that Woy performs much better when he has nowt to spend. :tu:

Very strange move by Cole , unless he thinks there are new owners imminent at Liverpool.

It does tend to show one thing though - ManUre must be completely brassic by their own standards as they were supposedly Cole's favoured destination.

Why is it that surprising? If there was little or no interest from Arsenal, United or Chelsea then Liverpool still remains the next best place to be. Fantastic support and a stadium that most want to play in and the possibility of playing with Gerrard and Torres (both of whom I would still bet will be there come September 1st).

They'll go into this season with every chance of getting back into the Champions League.

Very strange move by Cole , unless he thinks there are new owners imminent at Liverpool.

It does tend to show one thing though - ManUre must be completely brassic by their own standards as they were supposedly Cole's favoured destination.

Or maybe they just didn't want him that badly? With the improvements made by Nani last season I don't really see why they would want him...where would they play him? If anything they are crying out for a creative force to play in the middle, but Cole can't do that properly.

Joe Cole has 90,000 reasons to be at Liverpool every week- a sum plus signing on fee that the other suitors either could not or would not match.

Have to say it is going to be a huge ask of Woy to get Liverpool back into the Champions League. I think Chelsea will be champs but the chasing pack of Arsenal, Spurs, Manc 1, Manc 2 and Liverpool could have a fair old tussle to get the other 3 CL places. I don't know whether Villa will have enough about them to stay in that company and if Everton manage to keep hold of their players and keep them fit, they will join in the mix as well.

Have to say it is going to be a huge ask of Woy to get Liverpool back into the Champions League. I think Chelsea will be champs but the chasing pack of Arsenal, Spurs, Manc 1, Manc 2 and Liverpool could have a fair old tussle to get the other 3 CL places. I don't know whether Villa will have enough about them to stay in that company and if Everton manage to keep hold of their players and keep them fit, they will join in the mix as well.

You forgot about us. Oh wait, am I dreaming again?!

I'm guessing Liverpool have promised him this central role he was on about.

Spurs were obviously interested and would be able to match Liverpool money wise, but there is no way he could play centrally in their set up. The same problem with Arsenal too, they already have that problem Nasri.

Joe Cole has 90,000 reasons to be at Liverpool every week- a sum plus signing on fee that the other suitors either could not or would not match.

I bloody well hope so.

Leeds United markII? We can but dream.

this may have been posted elsewhere but Joey Barton targets England call up

Well lets be honest he's nowt to beat in the English midfield has he?

I've frequently thought that I could get a team from the Prems bottom 14 clubs that could regularly stuff the billy big heads in the first team. They'd likely have much more desire and a much better attitude for starters.

More signs of Citys madness, but also a clear indication of how they could contend for the top next season.....

Manchester City officials have travelled to Italy to close the £35m deal for Inter Milan's 19-year-old striker Mario Balotelli.

Full story: Daily Mail

Didier Drogba's agent has revealed he is in talks with Manchester City over the Chelsea striker making a £20m move to Eastlands.

Full story: the Sun

Actually he hasn't. West Ham offered him more in wages than anybody else.

Any signing on fees lurking in the background at Livvie do you think mick?

Btw Granted he's on a free but do you not find it ludicrous that 2 of the shakiest clubs financially in the Prem still have not learned any lessons about offering giving big wages and long contracts to players. Is it a case of 'may as well be hung for stealing a sheep as for stealing a lamb' perhaps? Whichever way it's viewed Joe Cole alone will cost £20m over the next 4 years. Thats a lot of shirts to sell in current times.

It is a newspaper report designed to put pressure on the Ajax ownership. At the end of the day they are in deep financial trouble so I don't know whether Ajax will come up with the necessary to keep him.

However, it is all very messy and raises question marks even if Jol still ends up at Fulham. Better keep those Bilic betting slips guys!

Archived