BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

I think you will find the Spanish Government has a few billion of debt it needs financing and is looking to the Abu Dhabis to help them out.

Government-owned and controlled (de facto)Real Madrid signing Tevez is not exactly the sort of thing that would help jolly refinancing Spain's debt when you think about it. Might be connected....

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a post from a couple of weeks ago about Tevez to Madrid being a done deal and that it would be announced at the end of the World Cup...... I'm pretty sure the World Cup has ended and I've not heard a word about it since.

Any updates Bobby??

That Drogba to City rumor suggests someone leaving thou, eh?

Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

One good season does not make them bigger than Ajax.

Fulham have a longer history whilst Ajax have won more honours. Ajax have a bigger gate but Fulham have greater income. Obviosuly I know where you are coming from majiball but let me ask you the same question that I've asked Mick Brown a couple of posts back. Can you define 'bigger' in a football club context?

Mick's answer was less than comprehensive btw. :rolleyes:

• Backroom

I dont blame Jol if he turns down Fulham....I think they over-achieved last season and their support is very poor (no offence ffan).

Jol could get a much bigger job.

Out of interest would you say the same if he was ever linked with a vacant manager post here?

What does their attendance have to do with it? I hate it when that lazy insult is aimed at us so it pains me to see our fans use it.

Then again I am a bit vague on Jols achievements other than his spurs run so it could be below him for what I know

Why is it that surprising? If there was little or no interest from Arsenal, United or Chelsea then Liverpool still remains the next best place to be. Fantastic support and a stadium that most want to play in and the possibility of playing with Gerrard and Torres (both of whom I would still bet will be there come September 1st).

They'll go into this season with every chance of getting back into the Champions League.

A more valid opinion here........

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mikenorrish/100010897/90000-reasons-why-joe-cole-joined-liverpool/

According to SSN Rangers have agreed a deal to sell defender Danny Wilson to Liverpool

Just heard Ian Holloway on SSN talking about bringing players in and how much Blackpool are willing to pay.

"We use to be selling the Big Issue with a dog and now we have won the lottery"

:lol:

There is such an obsession with 'big clubs'

Blackburn Rovers have been winning trophies for 3 centuries, a long honours board of international players. Founder members of the Football League.

Last season, we had an average crowd of 25000 from a small town.

However, because we don't get 40000 every game, we are labelled a 'small club'.

Yet, Newcastle United are labelled a 'big club', even though higher average attendances are the only thing they have outdone us on in their history.

It is a total nonsense labelling system that shows many fans' ignorance.

There is such an obsession with 'big clubs'

Blackburn Rovers have been winning trophies for 3 centuries, a long honours board of international players. Founder members of the Football League.

Last season, we had an average crowd of 25000 from a small town.

However, because we don't get 40000 every game, we are labelled a 'small club'.

Yet, Newcastle United are labelled a 'big club', even though higher average attendances are the only thing they have outdone us on in their history.

It is a total nonsense labelling system that shows many fans' ignorance.

I think there's a difference between a successful club and a big club Matty - the two don't always go together. Nottingham Forest won two European Cups - are they really a big club? Maybe, maybe not. Certainly not anymore.

Ramires is a brazilian midfielder that was in the last WC. Very good player...

Good player he may be, but Man. City feel the need to throw extortionate sums on money on anyone, just because they can. It's sick money. They will never build any continuity when they continue to do this. They also have an excellent youth academy, which will become obsolete amid their staggering attempt to buy success.

Is it really true though? If they ended up buying all the players they've been linked with they'd have a squad of 500. Only yesterday the papers were full of it that they were after Drogba - which they came out and denied categorically. A lot of it's to do with Agent's trying to get a nice pay day by linking their players with City. I wouldn't believe a word of it until the player is holding their shirt aloft - before then it's total cobblers!

Is it really true though? If they ended up buying all the players they've been linked with they'd have a squad of 500. Only yesterday the papers were full of it that they were after Drogba - which they came out and denied categorically. A lot of it's to do with Agent's trying to get a nice pay day by linking their players with City. I wouldn't believe a word of it until the player is holding their shirt aloft - before then it's total cobblers!

Come on. They're set to spend another £100m+ on players this season, and I can't begin to imagine what they spend on wages. What exactly do they have to show for it? They don't have a single world-class player among their ranks.

Bramble having a medical at Sunderland apparently.

Price mentioned ranges from £750k to £5m :glare:

BBC is reporting £1 million so I'd go with that, plus it makes sense.

I guess Wigan are happy for him to leave now they have Alcaraz, who looked excellent in the World Cup.

Come on. They're set to spend another £100m+ on players this season, and I can't begin to imagine what they spend on wages. What exactly do they have to show for it? They don't have a single world-class player among their ranks.

I'm not trying to justify their spending - I'm just saying don't believe all this crap the paper's say about players they're supposedly buying. As for them not having world class players? Well perhaps that has something to do them failing to qualify for the Champions League last year. They managed to jump from 10th to 5th in a season which was definite progress despite the extortionate spending. We should be the last ones to complain seen as we did them for £18m for a permanently injured one season wonder in Crocky.

Archived