BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbie's autobiography out on the 6th August.

I dread to think what some of the content will be, a definite purchase.

Where did you hear that? Tried searching it but all information about his old book... this is a definite purchase for me :brfcsmilie:

Follow Majballs link 3/4 of the way down the page on the left, refers to his fathers illness.

Oh stuff it, it's Here

Sorry, didn't look and just read most recent quote! Looks good, I'll definitely be buying it.

For some reason, I googled Robbie Fowler rather than Savage... would love his comments on his time at Rovers, especially the Ince debacle.

Sorry, didn't look and just read most recent quote! Looks good, I'll definitely be buying it.

For some reason, I googled Robbie Fowler rather than Savage... would love his comments on his time at Rovers, especially the Ince debacle.

I think the whole read, will probably have us on the floor rolling in :lol:

I think the whole read, will probably have us on the floor rolling in :lol:

Haha it would be amusing.. I'd love to know the truth of how shambolic Ince's dressing room was...

City splashing 19 million for some Serbian left back I can't even remember seeing at the World Cup.

While we have to wait all summer and pray to even get something like 2 million for a single player.

The gap between us and them in terms of finances is as if they've won the Premiership and Champions League 10 seasons in a row, while we are a half-amateur club that has never even qualified for the Conference.

This is just complete bull$hit and no one seems to want to do anything about it. It's as far away from sport as you can possibly get.

This is just complete bull$hit and no one seems to want to do anything about it. It's as far away from sport as you can possibly get.

You haven't looked into the Financial Fair Play rules that are coming starting from 2012-2013? I would say there's a lot that will be done.

City now have 37 over paid players in the first team squad...

Hodgson's latest comment saying Torres has a beef with the club and not him is a very clear sign that the Spaniard is on his way out of Anfield- with a bit of luck, it will be late in the window.

City now have 37 over paid players in the first team squad...

Hodgson's latest comment saying Torres has a beef with the club and not him is a very clear sign that the Spaniard is on his way out of Anfield- with a bit of luck, it will be late in the window.

Most will just be paid for being there and not playing football.

Because of the high wages they are on, other clubs could not afford to take any of those players on loan.

City may have 37 players in the first team squad on massive wages. There are major problems looming.

they need to submit a list of 25 players for the squad lists for this season that clearly shows a massive list of 12 players who will leave the club soon, that list will grow if they sign Balotellie and Milner.

They are going to find it very difficult to sell players for big fees as the plasyer in contract doesnt have to move. For me, City are going to end up paying a considerable amount of the players wages or are going to have to sell at knock down prices. Even players going out on loan are going to be funded by the club just to get them out of the club otherwise they will have a number of players just sat around, training for big sums of cash.

Nice article in the NOTW shows the prices that players might go for, I actually think the prices are wrong and will be lower. For me, this where Rovers might benefit.

Out of the big 3, City dont have any players that will enhance their squads.

Liverppol/Spuds and Villa may have tabs on the likes of Ireland.

After that comes Everton and I dont see them buying anyone else at the moment unless they sell Arteta/Yakubu or Jagileka.

Then comes Sunderland and Rovers as the top clubs, probably supplemented by brum and fulham, clubs that could offer a suitable playing platform. Sunderland have already spent big with, for me, not a lot of quality. They wont have much left and already have a big squad.

Brum have cash but have signed players already.

Fulham have no manager and wont buy just yet.

Rovers would appear to then become a good option for a player such of the ilk of a RSC or a Michael Johnson, even Sidwell or Reo Coker. There are going to be players available in the next week or so, good players who might be a lot cheaper in wages than one thinks.

it is going to be interesting to see what happens at City in the next 2 weeks and watching which players will be sent packing from the money laden eastlands. Those players will be abgry, sore and will have a lot to prove. Lets hope Rovers can be one of the clubs to benefit from them.

I dont think City will be able to demand high fees in fact there could easily be a situation where they have to loan out up to 10 or more players. They could even be paid off by City just to move.

On that basis I dont see Rovers, if they were interested, in having to pay for the like of a Johnson, Weiss or Onuohora, they would only have to fund the wages or even part wages.

Thats the point I was trying to make.

Even Villa are finding it very difficult to off load Reo Coker and Sidwell and we have seen their fees plummetting.

thats the market for you in this current climate.

Archived