BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

I think Fulham fans appreciate Zamora's work rate and enthusiasm. However, I think ffan will be the first to admit that he is really just a tryer who will work all day for the team, but create or score very little.

A bit like our very own Keith Andrews, then, only with a worse goal scoring record.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Fulham fans appreciate Zamora's work rate and enthusiasm. However, I think ffan will be the first to admit that he is really just a tryer who will work all day for the team, but create or score very little.

He clearly isn't the type of player we are after, especially not for £5m +, so I wouldn't worry - he won't be coming to Rovers.

Just checked his record over the last two seasons. He's scored a pathetic total of 5 goals. What's worse is who they were against. Derby, Kettering, Swansea, Bolton and WBA. Steer well clear.

If Liverpool managed to get both Tevez and Ribery, then I think they might actually be able to win the league, even with Benitez as manager! :o

Proper winger, a 1 or 2 strikers and I agree.

If they could manager Tevez or Villa + Ribery then they wouldnt be far off.

Proper winger, a 1 or 2 strikers and I agree.

If they could manager Tevez or Villa + Ribery then they wouldnt be far off.

If they brought in Ribery and Villa then, IMO, they have no excuse for not winning the league. That midfield and attack would probably be the best in the world, while they are renound for their excellent defensive record.

I don't think you could get a more potent attack than Torres and Villa.

He clearly isn't the type of player we are after, especially not for £5m +, so I wouldn't worry - he won't be coming to Rovers.

Contrary to what many believe he actually creates alot. He was our joint assist maker last season with 6. When he is on form he is tremendous but when he is off form...lets just says it's not pretty.

His hold up play is excellent as are his lay offs. However his finishing and composure is totally horrendous.

On another note Wolves striker Chris Iwelumo has suffered a broken metatarsal pre-season in win over Pert Glory.

Fulham are closing in on an £11million deal for England striker Peter Crouch after agreeing to sell Bobby Zamora to Hull.

Manager Roy Hodgson hopes to sign the Portsmouth star when he returns from holiday next week - beating off competition from Sunderland and AC Milan.

Peter Crouch

Pointing the way: Peter Crouch could be set for a move to Fulham

Zamora's £6million transfer to Hull was the key as it enabled Fulham to match Portsmouth's valuation for 28-year-old Crouch.

He would prefer to move to London rather than Sunderland - despite a more lucrative package on offer. But he will still agree a deal worth around £75,000 a week at Craven Cottage.

Crouch's agent Jonathan Barnett claimed yesterday that Portsmouth's financial problems mean a deal is inevitable. He said: 'I think Portsmouth have financial problems. I think every player is available.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...0KtjFt0Qj&D

Zamora's £6million transfer to Hull was the key as it enabled Fulham to match Portsmouth's valuation for 28-year-old Crouch.

The price must be wrong surely? There is no way that Zamora is worth 6 million. That has to be paper talk? If Brown thinks Zamora's worth 6 tell him we've got a couple of hot prospects on the left, Olsson and Tracey. He can have each of them for a bargain 2 million each. Maybe he's trying to remove Bullard from the no 1 slot in worst transfers in recent history.

the micah richards story about having swine flu made me chuckle.........................the guy is a supposesed pro sportsman but is quoted as saying i thought it may just have been alcohol poisoning.............his manager must love him

ASHLEY Young has emerged as Manchester United’s top transfer target with Sir Alex Ferguson poised to offer £25million for the England winger.

The United boss has identified the Aston Villa player as the man to fill his problem spot on the left.

But United face competition from Barcelona, who beat them in last season’s Champions League final.

Villa boss Martin O’Neill is mortified at the prospect of losing Young, 24, a £9.65m buy from Watford in 2007, who signed a new four-year contract only eight months ago.

Significantly, he is already chasing another left-sided player in the shape of Middlesbrough and England wide-man Stewart Downing, who would cost £12m.

-_-

Archived