BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

City don't have a better player than Bellamy in my opinion....to not even give him a sqaud number after his performance in the derby last season suggests that Citeh have lost the plot....I don't expect them to finish in the top 6 this season....Mancini hasn't aclue what he's doing.

We should try to get Bellamy and Ireland on loan...

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to get some of City's spare players might not be as crazy as it first sounds.

Obviously the likes of Spurs, Villa etc. would be interested in these players too...but City will probably see that as strengthening their rivals, I can't see them loaning players to that lot.

We're obviously not going to be challenging City next year, so they might not mind loaning players to us (like Hart to Birmingham last year). The likes of Sunderland, Fulham etc. will probably join the chase then as well, but we're just as well placed (takeover stuff aside) to get players as they are.

They will probably be happy to do that to stop them from getting into the hands of PL clubs which are rivals.

Mancini is now talking openly of biddng for Torres.

At the other end of the spectrum, Darius Vassell on the growing number of free agent footballers in the market.

I wouldn't cry if it turns out we're having a look at him. His pace would bring something new to our forward line, and surely it would be better to have Kalinic, Roberts and Vassell than Kalinic, Roberts and No one?

City don't have a better player than Bellamy in my opinion....to not even give him a sqaud number after his performance in the derby last season suggests that Citeh have lost the plot....I don't expect them to finish in the top 6 this season....Mancini hasn't aclue what he's doing.

Bellamy's performance in the OT derby in September was superb but if you remember rightly he was probably United's best player in the 2nd derby at Eastlands - even getting a virtual assist in Scholes' winner. Don't get me wrong, on his day he's a fine player - but those days appear to be few and far between. It doesn't surprise me one bit that he's alledgedly surplus to requirements. As for City not finishing top 6? We'll see, won't we! ;)

Bellamy's performance in the OT derby in September was superb but if you remember rightly he was probably United's best player in the 2nd derby at Eastlands - even getting a virtual assist in Scholes' winner. Don't get me wrong, on his day he's a fine player - but those days appear to be few and far between. It doesn't surprise me one bit that he's alledgedly surplus to requirements. As for City not finishing top 6? We'll see, won't we! ;)

You sure you're not a City fan?! ;)

Actually I think they'll struggle to make the top six as well, I fancy Everton to finish above them if they can stay clear of injuries.

City will be all over the place for the first few months whilst all the new players settle in.

Liverpool will do nothing, everton rely on arteta and cahill way too much, arsenal won't be any better and after this summer city have a way better team than spuds...between city and Chelsea for the title for me as uniteds team sheet looks less impressive every season.

Bellamy if given a proper run in the team is world class in my opinion. Don't you remember the season he gave us? :wacko:

Your days would be few and far between playing for a nut job club with half a dozen people picking the team....mate citeh are going nowhere whilst we can offer Bellamy that constant run in the side....he'd be a feckin godsend for us...partnering Kalinic...Jeez. :rover:

Taken from the interview with Vassell:

What do you feel you would offer prospective employers? What are your best attributes?

I would be shocked if people didn't know that my strengths are about pace, power and penetration in the final third.

He forgot to mention scoring...oh wait... :blink:

He forgot to mention scoring...oh wait... :blink:

I think he'd be good for 5-8 goals from a wide position, which is a decent return...certainly better than anything we have at the moment.

Obviously that return is poor for a striker, but as a winger it's not bad.

Not PL directly but Barca have issued revised financial results.

Instead of making an E10m profit which they originally claimed, they made an E70m loss and their reported debt was revised upwards by nearly E100m as well!

Liverpool sign Luke Young from Villa. That seems like a strange one. They already have Johnson.

The Independent speculated this morning it was for the left back spot and that the bonus was it was another English player they were bringing in.

I see Arsenal and Chelsea are the two clubs whose squads will fall below the 25 number through lack of "home grown" players. I guess Arsenal will happily use the unlimited number of under-21s they are allowed.

Archived