BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

According to SSN the odds on Mark Hughes becoming the next Fulham manager have tumbled, apparently a lot of money has been put on Hughes today.

As a non-betting person, I was quite fascinated at the potential managers put forward and were bet on when MH left.

Would he realistically want this job? Despite it not being the kind of mad house City was, I would have thought it was a little low profile for him

and it could reduce/stop the compensation he is allegedly being paid by City.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

perhaps, but hughes never struck me as one who would rather be paid for doing nowt instead of working for his wage.

I didn't mean it as a criticism of him, but quite a number of people have made this kind of comment. It just sounds as though City will have paid

him so much money he would be foolish to jeopardise the pay out.

As I thought he was very unlikely to be interested in the job-and I could well be wrong-I was trying to speculate his name was in there so people

could back him but he was more likely to make the bookies money than the people betting on him.

Not sure how great it will be for us if he is given the reported £20m transfer kitty. Would Samba become a target for him?

Nah, not a chance. They've already got Hangeland and Senderos at the back.

Plus it's just not his style. At Fulham he'll try to replicate what he did with us - find bargains and build them up.

Samba just doesn't fit at all.

Really pleased to see Sparky back, especially at a good club like Fulham. Hope he does well there.

I really like Hughes too but not happy about the prospect of him going to Fulham, with him at the helm and with any sort of budget that'll be another side disappearing over the horizon we can't compete with.

And they've always been one of the sides we would bank on finishing above.

I really like Hughes too but not happy about the prospect of him going to Fulham, with him at the helm and with any sort of budget that'll be another side disappearing over the horizon we can't compete with.

Let's see how it pans out first.

You never know how his time at City might have affected him. He's had a taste of buying ready made stars now, he might not be so keen to go trawling through reserve teams to find hidden gems like he was in his first managerial position.

Was going to write a lengthy reply but this pretty much sums up my sentiments. Pleased for the man, but it's bad news for rovers.

Interestingly after all he has done for us he ends up back at a similar size club to rovers, arguably with a club a little behind rovers. Big difference is, if he convinces the bosses he's the real deal, he will get the resources to push them on. A sideways step from rovers but onto a ladder with more potential. This summer's been pants for rovers and seems to be getting worse.

Would he realistically want this job? Despite it not being the kind of mad house City was, I would have thought it was a little low profile for him

I think Fulham is about the best job he would have a chance of getting. The City debacle somewhat dented his reputation. Fulham are a solid Prem side in London...a good prospect for any ambitious young manager.

Archived