BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

yes he did turn up according to man city website :

City’s remaining World Cup stars returned to Carrington this morning after their well-earned summer break.

David Silva and Jerome Boateng spent their first session training as City players this morning and were joined by new signing Aleksandar Kolarov.

Also returning to work were Carlos Tevez and Nigel de Jong, though the remainder of the senior squad will rest today following their return home from America on Sunday.

The Blues fly out to Germany tomorrow in preparation for the Ferrostaal Cup match with Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday and will play their final pre-season game against Valencia on Saturday at the City of Manchester Stadium.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see Inter Milan's third goal against Man. City? What a cracker! Too bad it was a pre-season effort.

City were hopeless.

Stoke where asking about Victor Obinna after his display in that game.

What is the crack with that Blackpool side,do they plan to make some signings?.

City were hopeless.

Stoke where asking about Victor Obinna after his display in that game.

What is the crack with that Blackpool side,do they plan to make some signings?.

Blackpool have been trying to sign Championship players on Championship wages and price tags and finding that the clubs they beat out for promotion aren't keen to miss out on inflated Premier League fees. So far they've been knocked back for Hulse, Tudgay, Stead (!), DJ Campbell and Angel Rangel, although Rangel seems to think he'll go.

They're aiming to spend a maximum of £10m including wages but they need to bring in 7-10 players. No chance.

Blackpool have been trying to sign Championship players on Championship wages and price tags and finding that the clubs they beat out for promotion aren't keen to miss out on inflated Premier League fees. So far they've been knocked back for Hulse, Tudgay, Stead (!), DJ Campbell and Angel Rangel, although Rangel seems to think he'll go.

They're aiming to spend a maximum of £10m including wages but they need to bring in 7-10 players. No chance.

if you looked at who burnley signed in general (about two or three players tops that weren't for the future. and the ones they did sign weren't premiership proven) i'd say blackpool had the same chance as burnley - i.e no hopers but could shock.

Chelsea have agreed an £18.2m deal for Ramires.

€7.5 million to €22 million in 12 months.

Is it just me but those Liga teams seem to do some great business in development or exporting of talent. Ajax, Espanyol and Lyon seem to me the only ones outside who continually do this. I am not talking of youth academies or systems (i.e Man U or Brazil), just identifying talent, developing into top class players then selling for huge dollars.

The squeeze on Liverpool's owners continues.

1) The media pressure increases.

2) Sovereign Wealth Funds ie the Chinese Government is fronted by Huang

3) They show that they have ready cash available to pay-off the banks and screw Gillette and Hicks- a message which anyone who has had to deal with those two would love if rumours are true.

4) The Guardian's neat rubbishing of Keith Harris shows that they clearly believe Huang will prevail at Anfield.

Finally, a neat piece about Leeds dodging the Football League rules on ownership and how the Football League caved into the PL's new parachute payment deals.

Archived