BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackpool have been trying to sign Championship players on Championship wages and price tags and finding that the clubs they beat out for promotion aren't keen to miss out on inflated Premier League fees. So far they've been knocked back for Hulse, Tudgay, Stead (!), DJ Campbell and Angel Rangel, although Rangel seems to think he'll go.

They're aiming to spend a maximum of £10m including wages but they need to bring in 7-10 players. No chance.

Like so many clubs in the Premier League they are ran by rank amateurs when it comes to finding players.

If they knew there was a chance they would come up why were they not planning for things in February-March.

If it happened in Italy heads would roll.

Like so many clubs in the Premier League they are ran by rank amateurs when it comes to finding players.

If they knew there was a chance they would come up why were they not planning for things in February-March.

How true.

The more time I spend on the continent the less impressed I become with almost every aspect of football in this country.

How true.

The more time I spend on the continent the less impressed I become with almost every aspect of football in this country.

Cesena in the same situation as Blackpool,but they have done their signings & are suited and booted ready to go 3 weeks before the season starts.

Cesena in the same situation as Blackpool,but they have done their signings & are suited and booted ready to go 3 weeks before the season starts.

Not being funny, but I'm not entirely sure Italian domestic football is necessariy the greatest example of how to run football clubs!

The way it should be. The one thing I do like about your league is the youth set-up with U18's and U20's to allow for better development as you can't really say 100% who will make it even at 18. Saving them from the dreaded reserves also the relationships between teams seem to be much better with loans being used heavily to again allow younger players to develop and play.

I'll never get my head round why clubs can't start targeting players and targeting ones they can actually afford during the tail end of the season. It always seems such a panic over here with last minute deals.

What has the 2006 scandal got to do with scouting players and sorting out your transfers in advance of the new season?

Not being funny, but I'm not entirely sure Italian domestic football is necessariy the greatest example of how to run football clubs!

If you want to believe the ###### your comedy press & media write about Italian football you can.

They are the laughing stock of the worlds press.No offence to Alan Nixon, who is one of the better ones.

If you want to believe the ###### your comedy press & media write about Italian football you can.

They are the laughing stock of the worlds press.No offence to Alan Nixon, who is one of the better ones.

I absolutely agree about the quality of our press and agree with your notable exception (and there are a few others as well).

But there can be little doubt that there has been, shall we say an "issue" with some level of corruption in Italian football over the years.

Which to be fair is one of the few things we've managed to avoid in England.

But my comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, did not mean to offend...

I absolutely agree about the quality of our press and agree with your notable exception (and there are a few others as well).

But there can be little doubt that there has been, shall we say an "issue" with some level of corruption in Italian football over the years.

Which to be fair is one of the few things we've managed to avoid in England.

But my comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, did not mean to offend...

Fair enough fella,i was on about the footballing side of things.Even i'll admit 2006 wasn't a good year for Italian football.Moggi was an idiot & got what he deserved.He is actually the most

knowledgeable person football wise i have ever meet Moggi.

Has anyone seen Loic Remy being interviewed at Stoke today? Sooo funny. He could barely speark English but was funny as (Please don't use that word again). He and his agent were like... "We are just visiting, we are going to other clubs etc" as he was signing the shirts. The fans will be gutted if he doesnt sign. Georgie and Simon on sky were laughing their heads off, "maybe h is just on a tour of England" they said lol.

They can do what they like in Italy I'm sure. Karl Oyston is not the type to spend all they earn. Quite the opposite in fact. Like Kilby at Burnley he knows that they are out of their depth, that this is a windfall right out of the blue and he will be quite happy to keep as much of the 90m due to himself. Personally I can't blame him. Why give it all to a few Carlos Kickaballs when Blackpools long term presence in the Prem is simply unsustainable.

Blackpool employ one scout and he's never been to a game outside the UK. They're still a League One club in mentality and finances.

Has anyone seen Loic Remy being interviewed at Stoke today? Sooo funny. He could barely speark English but was funny as (Please don't use that word again). He and his agent were like... "We are just visiting, we are going to other clubs etc" as he was signing the shirts. The fans will be gutted if he doesnt sign. Georgie and Simon on sky were laughing their heads off, "maybe h is just on a tour of England" they said lol.

Looked like he couldn't get away quick enough. His agent was halfway down the road while he was being called back to translate! :lol:

Blackpool employ one scout and he's never been to a game outside the UK. They're still a League One club in mentality and finances.

It looks like they're just happy to take the Premier League money for one season and go straight back down.

Sadly that seems to be the case with smaller clubs coming up now. Burnley did the same last season when Laws turned up, although not on the same level as what Blackpool are doing.

It looks like they're just happy to take the Premier League money for one season and go straight back down.

Sadly that seems to be the case with smaller clubs coming up now. Burnley did the same last season when Laws turned up, although not on the same level as what Blackpool are doing.

They're being sensible then. They're so far away from being a Premier League team it's untrue. In their situation I'd take the tv money, take the parachute payment and try to improve the club next year.

Nah... they were just crap :)

They're being sensible then. They're so far away from being a Premier League team it's untrue. In their situation I'd take the tv money, take the parachute payment and try to improve the club next year.

Yeah, they'd have to spend the full £40m on players to have a chance and they'd still go down. Why put yourselves through that? Improve the team as best you can and bring in players who'll still be there next season when you're trying to get back up again.

Archived