BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Also it keeps the team spirit together and gives the guys who got them there the chance to play in the top flight. I think they may surprise a few teams. I remember the likes of reading, Ipswich, Wigan and hull all being spoken about in the same way when they got promoted.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sensible by not signing anyone and just building a temporary stand?!

Sensible would be spending £10m on say 5 serious young talents/ un-polished diamonds (like Bentley was)....if you go down, at least they will have 12 months prem experience & your team will be much stronger for the championship next season - with money in the bank & big parachute payments to help you build yourselves up into a proper premier league side.

Think il be backing most of the big boys when they face Blackpool...didnt someone on here last year put Burnley to lose by 5 or more against the bigger teams & won quite abit of money?

Blackpools squad looks seriously poor - not even top 6 of championship standard.

Don't think they would have made much money if they did make that bet hughesy as none of the so called big 4 from last season beat burnley by 5 goals.

Man city beat the 6-1 and spurs beat them 5-0 but none of Liverpool, arsenal, united or Chelsea put 5 past them.

Sensible would be spending £10m on say 5 serious young talents/ un-polished diamonds (like Bentley was)....if you go down, at least they will have 12 months prem experience & your team will be much stronger for the championship next season - with money in the bank & big parachute payments to help you build yourselves up into a proper premier league side.

The problem for them is that the top earner is roughly on about 8,000 and any signings would have to be less or similar, its hard to find players willing to play in the top flight for that ammount and they need players with experience.

They did talk about improving their stand and youth setup which will enable them to bring a few of their own talents through the ranks. I think the most important thing for Blackpool is that they solidify their position as a Championship club then build on that, trying to buy Premiership safety is very dangerous but if they survive with what players they have this season they will achieve a lot more the season after.

How are Blackpool supposed to find '5 serious young talents/ un-polished diamonds (like Bentley was)' for £10 mill when we can't find any that fit that criteria and we can blow them out of the water on virtually every level?

How are Blackpool supposed to find '5 serious young talents/ un-polished diamonds (like Bentley was)' for £10 mill when we can't find any that fit that criteria and we can blow them out of the water on virtually every level?

Sinclair is going for £1.5m - there is a good example....Moses went cheap last season....young full back at Palace....Palace young keeper - thats 4....im sure their are plenty of talented kids knocking around the big clubs who would drastically improve Blackpools squad.

We are looking for players who will INSTANTLY improve our starting 11

Don't think they would have made much money if they did make that bet hughesy as none of the so called big 4 from last season beat burnley by 5 goals.

Man city beat the 6-1 and spurs beat them 5-0 but none of Liverpool, arsenal, united or Chelsea put 5 past them.

Looks like Hughesy was right.I don't know how to do the multi quote but it's from the £10 challenge.

£20 on Citeh to score 5 or more at 20/1.

Its the 4th time this particular bet has come up for me this season (or is it the 5th, I've lost count) and I've netted over 2 grand.

Thank you Dingles for funding season tickets for me and my family next season.

The job was Svens, everything was set up but Mo wouldn't give his seal of approval.

McIntosh spent a few days trying to convince Mo about Sven but to no avail.

He moved onto Jol but obviously we couldn't get that deal sorted.

Then Hughes, was the only other big name target that seemed to satisfy Mos appetite for a big name manager. Hughes had just rejected those Saudis and we were looking for a manager so hey presto here he is now, our manager.

Slaven Bilic was considered with bringing Baxter as consultant coach, or whatever that title is, the same applies to Lee Clark.

Alot of agents linked there name to the job, to try and get Fulham interested in them or to make their clients situation stronger at their current club.

This is what I was told that has happened. I am personally still shocked that we have ended up with Hughes.

Anyways.

This is what I was told that has happened. I am personally still shocked that we have ended up with Hughes.

Good shocked or bad shocked?

You dodged a bullet with Sven, that's for sure. I'll admit I'm somewhat envious that you have Hughes. He's a fine manager and has a great eye for a player, but never stood at chance at City. If he can emulate his work here, you'll be in for a bright future.

Good shocked or bad shocked?

You dodged a bullet with Sven, that's for sure. I'll admit I'm somewhat envious that you have Hughes. He's a fine manager and has a great eye for a player, but never stood at chance at City. If he can emulate his work here, you'll be in for a bright future.

I still don't know what to think. I suppose he was the best of what was out there.

He is at the total opposite end of the spectrum to where Roy Hodgson was, so it will take a bit of getting used to.

If he has a decent season or two, he'll be off to some big club so I don't think it's worth getting too excited about him.

He has set himself up for a big fall by saying that he wants a top ten finish. Our squad needs quite a bit of refreshing, especially in the center mid and striker area.

Ffan your always welcome on here. I am concerned about Hughes real appetite for the job, I mean managers normally secure a 3 yr deal dont they ? Just seems very odd that its a 2 yr deal. It doesnt seem to bode well for Fulham and any longevity for Hughes and his team.

Anyhow, all the best for the season.

Been reading on a Argentine board -- topic was Riquelme and the well publized back and forth he's having with the Boca directives this off season.

One poster claimed that he's got some agreement w/ Big Club. Does that make any sense to anyone ???

Ffan your always welcome on here. I am concerned about Hughes real appetite for the job, I mean managers normally secure a 3 yr deal dont they ? Just seems very odd that its a 2 yr deal. It doesnt seem to bode well for Fulham and any longevity for Hughes and his team.

Anyhow, all the best for the season.

I think it's the way Fulham do it though because Al Fayed doesn't seem to have an awful lot of trust in his managers and when things start to go awry it's an easy get out clause.

Coleman and Sanchez both had rolling contracts as did Hodgson, even though Hodgson was one manager that Al Fayed trusted and liked.

So I'm surprised that Hughes got a two year contract, also surprised that he was allowed to bring in so many of his coaches although I don't think Glyn Hodges has come in.

West Ham's 6th signing of the summer is expected to be announced this weekend Miralem Sulejmani on loan for the season from Ajax.

Excellent close season's business so far for G & S !

If only they didn't p everyone off by saying how close they were to signing Beckham, Cole, Henry etc.

Sulejmani is fairly decent enough though.

West Ham's 6th signing of the summer is expected to be announced this weekend Miralem Sulejmani on loan for the season from Ajax.

Excellent close season's business so far for G & S !

Oi you! Don't be coming on this site bragging about Summer signings! :angry2::lol:

Winston Reid, Ben Haim (loan) , Hitzlsperger, Pablo Barrera, Piquionne. Not bad to be honest and certainly an overall improvement. Am fully expecting players to leave to balance this a little- Behrami/Diamante/Kovac and er...McCarthy perhaps. :D;)

We needed a massive overhaul though so am hopeful...forever hopeful!

Archived