BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Undisclosed', I've read 2mill, 3mill and 4mill. My guess would be nearer 2 will a number of add-ons. Never like the idea of buying a player on the basis of one good WC or Euros. Can't forget Gary Breen *shudders*. Fingers crossed he is more successful. First Maori in the Premier League, I believe...

I Know that Fergie has a grudge against the BBC, and that the PL are insisting that managers have to do interviews after games. It looks like he is taking it to the wire in his determination not to talk to them. Butthe PL have backed down on insisting managers have to do interviews with news papers after games. Also I was not aware that he will not do interviews with news papers after games.

Sir Alex Ferguson considers ending his lengthy BBC vow of silence

Sensible by not signing anyone and just building a temporary stand?!

Sensible would be spending £10m on say 5 serious young talents/ un-polished diamonds (like Bentley was)....if you go down, at least they will have 12 months prem experience & your team will be much stronger for the championship next season - with money in the bank & big parachute payments to help you build yourselves up into a proper premier league side.

You make it sound so simple. Growing on trees these 'serious young talents' are they Hughesy? If so let Sam know where they are. :rolleyes:

But if Bpool took your poorly thought out advice those players would no doubt all come with a sell on clause and they'd want paying 10m a year between them too.

Not only that but there would be a queue right the way along Holloways corrider of disgruntled current players all holding their agents hand and stamping their feet for more money. :rolleyes:

West Ham's 6th signing of the summer is expected to be announced this weekend Miralem Sulejmani on loan for the season from Ajax.

Excellent close season's business so far for G & S !

G & S? :rolleyes: Is that what you are calling them mick? Very apt imo. 'G&S' reminds me more of Gilbert and Sullivan ...... two other individuals who were best known for creating comic opera's! :lol:

I Know that Fergie has a grudge against the BBC, and that the PL are insisting that managers have to do interviews after games. It looks like he is taking it to the wire in his determination not to talk to them. Butthe PL have backed down on insisting managers have to do interviews with news papers after games. Also I was not aware that he will not do interviews with news papers after games.

Sir Alex Ferguson considers ending his lengthy BBC vow of silence

From that link..... "Ferguson's initial reaction was that he would ignore the new rule, regardless of the consequences, until his family received an apology from the BBC, which he has accused of "breathtaking arrogance"."

Never mind 'breathtaking arrogance' am I the only one to notice 'breathtaking hypocricy' in that statement? :rolleyes:

G & S? :rolleyes: Is that what you are calling them mick? Very apt imo. 'G&S' reminds me more of Gilbert and Sullivan ...... two other individuals who were best known for creating comic opera's! :lol:

I concur completely, and frankly it's very appropriate. What a show that would be. A bunch of people in tights and Hammers' tops singing, dancing and jumping around the stage waving dildos in the air. You could get someone from Hair to write the score.

From that link..... "Ferguson's initial reaction was that he would ignore the new rule, regardless of the consequences, until his family received an apology from the BBC, which he has accused of "breathtaking arrogance"."

Never mind 'breathtaking arrogance' am I the only one to notice 'breathtaking hypocricy' in that statement? :rolleyes:

Absolutely - he's the ultimate hypocrite.

I find it cringeworthy watching his interviews on Sky - talk about sucking up to him - especially that James Cooper - what a sap! Yes Sir Alex, three bags full Sir Alex! :wacko:

Ffan, went to see you guys against Bremen today: Overall, solid and steady - should finish top 10 without the distraction of Europe. Pantsil was pretty terrible with his crosses, Konchesky is a lot faster than I thought, Duff was anonymous and overall, midfield is strong. The one big weakness you seem to have is when players run straight at the defense and play it through the middle on the ground.

Also, Schwarzer looked very shaky in the first half - get cash for him while you still can!

Liverpool to be nationalised?

Perhaps I missed something but that is the first time I had read that the Chelsea-loving Liverpool Chairman is a direct appointment by the banks.

Looks like Gillett and Hicks are out on 6 October regardless of what else happens. In that case, no wonder potential bidders are waiting until they can deal directly with the banks.

I notice India's Sahara Group are mentioned as a bidder- they have sponsored Indian Test cricket since 2001, own an IPL cricket team and are backing 56 sports in the Indian Olympic team according to Wikipedia.

Liverpool to be nationalised?

Perhaps I missed something but that is the first time I had read that the Chelsea-loving Liverpool Chairman is a direct appointment by the banks.

Looks like Gillett and Hicks are out on 6 October regardless of what else happens. In that case, no wonder potential bidders are waiting until they can deal directly with the banks.

I notice India's Sahara Group are mentioned as a bidder- they have sponsored Indian Test cricket since 2001, own an IPL cricket team and are backing 56 sports in the Indian Olympic team according to Wikipedia.

Hardly gratifying for other club's supporters and people who have no interest at all in football to see their hard earned going to prop up that shower. Any normal business with their accounts would simply have the plug pulled on them with their assets sold off to pay the creditors.

Really liked the man ever since he wrote those BBC Sport columns.

Don't think he's a brilliant manager, just probably an excellent motivator, but he's done a great job at Blackpool regardless.

He could be this season's Owen Coyle (yes, I know that's a daft statement) in that he'll make his players believe in themselves.

His team beat everyone they needed to last season. Maybe he could do the same this time?

Might even make MOTD watchable!

Archived