BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

IMO those who are willing Sam to go to Villa are stupid.

IMO those who are willing Sam to go to Villa aren't stupid.

but they are guilty of wishful thinking since villa are likely to go for someone who can do better than just keep them in the premier league at all costs.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa are well shut, he's nothing more special than Big Sam. His teams play long ball and score the vast majority of goals from set pieces. He's well versed in whinging and has his fellow BBC pundits running for cover and claiming what a great side Villa are.

Considering the amount he has spent, they should have a far better team.

Look at the money he has spent on donkeys such as Cuellar, Dunne, Curtis Davis & Zat Knight - none of whom I'd want at Rovers.

Sparky must be gutted!

• Backroom

Bob Bradley for the Viila manager job!

Nope

My mate was playing hopscotch with Randy Lerner yesterday and he sent he a telegram saying it's Robbie Keane

:P

Sam for villa

No one can deny that Allardyce has done a damned good job on meagre resources since the car crash that he inherited from the Paul Ince and John Williams pairing. So before you get all excited abbey would you care to speculate who we would replace him with and who would come? Waggy might like to join in too..... Careful though cos should you get it wrong this time we are history.

At least BFS has made it clear that he will indeed be first at the door of whichever other club offers him more money, but many on here wanted him as manager despite this certainty. Hughes on the other hand lied every day about long-term ambitions, his affections for the club, and what not.

Rubbish.

Gord...every time I someone asks everytime I answer.

O neil,kingkenny/tugay,tugay/big col,jol,roy keane.There's plenty.

MoN wouldn't come and I wouldn't particularly want him too. In his favour he and Jol are the only managers that you've mentioned to come close to Sam in ability and experience.

king kenny.. not a chance of him coming even with a stack of money ... but without it he'd run a mile.

Tugay ffs! Great player but what leadership qualities has he? Complete shot in the darf that we cannot afford to take either financially or with our future. He'd prob teach half the Academy to smoke though. :rolleyes:

Hendry!!! Failure at Blackpool, poor at Clyde. You cannot seriously think he offers more than SA?

Jol.. Oh yeah I bet he's watching any potential situation with BRFC ever so keenly.

Roy Keane? Failed at Sunderland and finished with Ipswich in the lower half of the Championship last season.

Rem... If something aint broke don't try to fix it.

Abbey you make the noises but I'm certain that deep down you know none of those are a better prospect for BRFC than Allardyce.

If Sam does leave then there is one person I would want to replace him. Henning Berg.

Better than Abbeys choices but he'd still represent a hell of a risk that we don't need to take.

Wonder if we might see an interesting scenario here?

Let’s say Lerner uses his US connections to bring in Bob Bradley the current USA coach. That leaves an vacant space for the USA job.

Which manager recently said within the next 2-3 years he would like to try his hand at international management?

Sam did play in the USA for the Tampa Bay Rowdies, this spell reportedly got him interested in American Football and some of the methods behind it, which he implemented into his management style. I think the USA Job would appeal to him if it was available and he was linked.

Abbey, I love you lots man but being a good friend of yours I am thinking yr wrestling days have puddled yr brain a little (or is it the abbey Village connection ?).

Keane would do an Ince on us.

Col failed at the lashers and some small Scottish outfit.

Tugay isnt ready for it.

Jol is a good shout but he just agreed a new deal at Ajax.

mon wouldnt come to our club.

Perhaps the shout for Henning Berg is a good one but again he is totally untested over here although I accept that he has done good back home.

Where you having a prematch pint on Saturday ???

MoN wouldn't come and I wouldn't particularly want him too. In his favour he and Jol are the only managers that you've mentioned to come close to Sam in ability and experience.

king kenny.. not a chance of him coming even with a stack of money ... but without it he'd run a mile.

Tugay ffs! Great player but what leadership qualities has he? Complete shot in the darf that we cannot afford to take either financially or with our future. He'd prob teach half the Academy to smoke though. :rolleyes:

Hendry!!! Failure at Blackpool, poor at Clyde. You cannot seriously think he offers more than SA?

Jol.. Oh yeah I bet he's watching any potential situation with BRFC ever so keenly.

Roy Keane? Failed at Sunderland and finished with Ipswich in the lower half of the Championship last season.

Rem... If something aint broke don't try to fix it.

Abbey you make the noises but I'm certain that deep down you know none of those are a better prospect for BRFC than Allardyce.

Better than Abbeys choices but he'd still represent a hell of a risk that we don't need to take.

so theres noone in the football world better than sam? footballs doomed then, alls i did was run some names off the top of my head.

Abbey, I love you lots man but being a good friend of yours I am thinking yr wrestling days have puddled yr brain a little (or is it the abbey Village connection ?).

Where you having a prematch pint on Saturday ???

aw wuv u too xxxx

beer? dont drink before games these days,i have to drive.

so theres noone in the football world better than sam? footballs doomed then, alls i did was run some names off the top of my head.

No one better at running a club off little money. He is the safest pair of hands there is.

He will go sooner or later thats obvious and if we are still punching the same weight financially I'd think we would be relegated within two years.

It's odd but the undercurrent of completely irrational Allardyce haters keep emerging blinking from the darkness every time there is a hint of him leaving. I think I shall start making a list just for future reference.

I enjoy watching football.

In which division?

I think the football has improved, it was always going to be dire until we were safe and to be honest, it's been better than most of the time under Hughes, of course we'd all love to see free flowing attacking football, but on our resources who are we going to recruit who can play at that level? We'd simply get spanked most weeks!

I agree with the Sam building foundations posters, we simply need stability and the chance for someone to create his end game, I think we'll see an improvement this year, perhaps people are forgetting what Sam inherited and how bad we actually were, Ince nearly destroyed us.

p.s. I'm glad that moaning little leprechaun has gone from that club, he makes me honk my ring up when he's on telly, moaning and trying to be witty, he's just a poisonious little get.

I enjoy watching football.

Gordon spouts a load of rubbish on most subjects but his post below is correct with regards to Allardyce. In the current financial climate Rovers would sink like a stone without Sam in charge.

No one better at running a club off little money. He is the safest pair of hands there is.

He will go sooner or later thats obvious and if we are still punching the same weight financially I'd think we would be relegated within two years.

I think Sam is the Marmite manager, people either love him or hate him there doesnt seem to be an in between. The haters are quiet because he has done well at rovers and pulled us out of the mire, but there are plenty still there waiting for Sam to take a higher paid job and say told you so.

I dont hate him nor do I think he is the messiah, He focuses on results and he gets them but the majority of his football is awful on the eye.

As long as there is open managers job somewhere there will always be people wanting Sam to take it, some fans go to matches to watch good football, some will go to see our team win matches, it appears we cant have both.

According to 5 live just now, the straw that broke the camel's back for MON was that Villa are prepared to sell Brad Friedel to us as a replacement for Schwarzer

I think the rumours of Milner and Young going and him not being given any of the money sounds much more like something he would quit over than that.

In which division?

It's nice to know that Allardyce's constant undermining of his own team leaves many people believing that we have crap players and that he is the only thing between us and the blue square premier.

Archived