BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

I think the rumours of Milner and Young going and him not being given any of the money sounds much more like something he would quit over than that.

My Birmingham contacts tell me the one doing the rounds is very much "Young" specific.

Perhaps Nicko should shed some light on it?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting one this. Personally I've a suspicion that O'Neil knew that he couldn't take Villa to the next level without spending masses more and this made him rather disillusioned. It must have been painful to realise that for all his progress he was at a club who are still in effect prey to a significant number of clubs, which would severely restrict their chances of breaking into the top 4.

There were too many rumours before this of unrest for Villa to have been a happy camp of late. And in some ways it seems sad to see the top 3/4 monopoly won't be broken without stupid money.

But it is to Rovers' gain. With Fulham having Sparky (bet he's gutted at missing out on this one!) and improving it'll be good for us to have a team on the slide.

As for the Sam debate - we can't get anyone better - unless we get a hidden gem/miracle. Not saying Sam's all that, but my word he's so much better than any other option our povety stricken club could currently attract.

No one better at running a club off little money that would be interested in managing us. He is the safest pair of hands there is available to us.

He will go sooner or later thats obvious and if we are still punching the same weight financially I'd think we would be relegated within two years.

It's odd but the undercurrent of completely irrational Allardyce haters keep emerging blinking from the darkness every time there is a hint of him leaving. I think I shall start making a list just for future reference.

Corrected it for you.

This is a turn up.

So even the American "model owner" has stopped bankrolling what is after all a big city club.

The good news for Villa is that as far as I know he is not trying to get his cash back nor is the club bankrupted by a load os debts arising from his injections.

I don't think it is by any means certain Sam would go to Villa if he were offered the job. Why go to a trading club when he is at a club which could shortly become an investing club?

If the latest Indian bid had been another month down the line, we might have found the answer to that Gord.

Okay you can have that one, but he wouldn’t stay past the first transfer window.

Let’s face it, O’Neil doesn’t have the testicular fortitude to manage Rovers, he would be off crying into his cabbage the first player he had to sell to “balance the books.”

A strange idea.

I think the bookies have just said American Owner = Amerian Manager. I don't believe he is seriously in the running.

Now that you said that it could make sense in a strange twisted way.

Although he was successfulish in the MLS I couldn’t see him handling Villa.

No one better at running a club off little money. He is the safest pair of hands there is.

He will go sooner or later thats obvious and if we are still punching the same weight financially I'd think we would be relegated within two years.

I agree - like Hughes was, Big Sam is ideal, and a very good manager. When he leaves, providing we have the same finances in place, the only way is down for us IMO.

A strange idea.

I think the bookies have just said American Owner = Amerian Manager. I don't believe he is seriously in the running.

I don't think its that far fetched. He had a reasonable world cup and has ties to Lerner. Also if its true that Lerner feels they have some good youth coming through and overall a solid enough squad that he doesn't want to spend much then I could see him bringing in someone he knows as a stopgap to 'steady the ship'.

If its Bradley then I would be worried as a Rovers fan, the USA job would appeal to Sam especially after his comments about wanting to try his hand at International management.

A strange idea.

Great way of ripping money out of British punters dumb enough to fall for it if you ask me.

Ten out of ten to the Bookies for coming up with that one!

And just as it was after Hughes left, we'll be fine in the end.

There are not too many decent managers around in my view, so we would struggle - we are currently fine but because we are in very safe and more than capable hands.

There are not too many decent managers around in my view, so we would struggle - we are currently fine but because we are in very safe and more than capable hands.

With a lack of decent managers around then we won't need as high a quality one to survive.

We survived appointing Ince by the skin of our teeth. We probably won't be as lucky next time if we get it wrong.

You sure you don't mean "appointing Sam"???

Provided we appoint a seasoned man, we should be OK. He may have to foreign though.

Or we could just get Pulis. :lol: :lol:

Archived