BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

The deal was set up by Hodgson, probably means that Hughes can't sign Bellamy/Santa Cruz.

Well that is good news on the second one for you, the medical insurance per month on Santa Cruz must be damn near close to a 16 year old males quote on a Ferrari.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubbish.

What? Show me an interview where BFS has claimed any genuine affection with the club. And how can he when he was at Bolton for all those years? He is here to do a job and rebuild his career for when a bigger position opens up. He sees no problem in that, and many fans don't see a problem with that either, since to them football is just another soulless business.

ffan, have you heard anything about the possible rumours of Friedel joining you?

Just what was on the radio.

It would make alot of sense though. Friedel would be a good signing for the year, let Schwazer off to Arsenal, and let Hughes build his team from next summer onwards.

Just what was on the radio.

It would make alot of sense though. Friedel would be a good signing for the year, let Schwazer off to Arsenal, and let Hughes build his team from next summer onwards.

From a Villa perspective it makes sense as well- they have Brad Guzzleman ready to take over and some younger keepers coming through.

What? Show me an interview where BFS has claimed any genuine affection with the club. And how can he when he was at Bolton for all those years? He is here to do a job and rebuild his career for when a bigger position opens up. He sees no problem in that, and many fans don't see a problem with that either, since to them football is just another soulless business.

I suspect thenodrog was disagreeing with your comments about Mark Hughes as much as anything.

Funny to hear some Villa fans and Stan Collymore complaining on Talksport about the alleged lack of financial support afforded by Randy Lerner to MoN.

MoN has apparently spent a net 31m and 7m in the last two summers respectively.

Compared with the minus 16m and nothing Allardyce has had I bet Sam wishes he had to put up with such lack of support.

according to that article Villa are down a massive 40% in ST sales, and wages to turnover is 85%, i know ours is over 90% but for a club like Villa to be at 85% thats mental,

Yeah just saw that :o

40% down on ST sales?? WOW

£120M in 4 years...recouping just £39m!!

For that he managed a cup final & 3 6th place finishes....not that great!

Amazing. The media had led us to believe he was some kind of small budget and tactical genius but a look at those stats tells otherwise. How many times did we finish 6th with MUCH smaller budgets? And how can ST sales drop so dramatically when they are consistently a top 6 club? I guess Lerner realised he would never see any return on his investment no matter how much he pumped in and pulled the plug, MoN had a tantrum (a la BFS a few weeks back) and packed his bags.

Funny old game.

Unbelievable how much O'Neill wasted.

Curtis Davies (WBA, £10m)

Steve Sidwell (Chelsea £5.5m)

Nicky Shorey (Reading, £4m)

Luke Young (Middlesbrough, £5m)

All English, all over priced, all have been crap for Villa.

Mon is coming out of this terribly.

The fans have collectively rejected his football, he has financially squandered the most benign conditions any manager could have dreamed of finding themselves in and been a total idiot when the board has stepped in to help him sort that steaming mess out.

I would hope other managers are taking note of how the fans have reacted to what was in effect Mon's surrender selection in Moscow.

In a rational industry Mon would be close to unemployable at a club at any decent level now.

Now he has gone, AV have a huge dilema about the £15m a year of non performing footballers who presumably see a chance of restarting their careers under new management on Villa's largesse.

Worth noting that Villa's wages of £71m are so much larger than Spurs and Everton's and that by extension of that point Rovers individual wages for our top earners must be in the Spurs and Everyon ballparks.

Archived