BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Vogel* played he was good. He just couldn't play enough due to fitness/injuries and therefore didn't have the opportunity to shine.

*Vogel can be replaced by a number of different players due to the amount of crocks that have signed for Blackburn in the last couple of decades. :(

Haven't got a name but I don't think he's an important player, as horrible as that sounds.

David Elm has confirmed on his blog that a player did something to his Achilles and will be out for 8-9 months.

I've narrowed it down to Konchesky,Johnson (Andy & Eddie), Murphy, Senderos, Kamara,Ethu, Stoor, Dempsey,Greening,Davies. thats from the main list of players anyway.

Milner off....Ha so who is Ireland talking to? The manager you dont have?

The same people he'd have talked to anyway, the people in charge of the Milner transfer, Lerner and Faulkner. MON leaving changes v.little, Ireland is part of the Milner transfer, whether same day or later down the line, City aren't going to renegotiate the whole thing after how long it's taken.

Ireland has Dunne and our interim manager has some links to ROI, he'll still sign at some stage I am sure.

Either way, fans have long got over Milner leaving, we're getting shitloads for him.

Dont blame you....Anything over £25m for Milner is too much - so something similar + Ireland is just crackers.

The thing is when you have a manager, they have a vision & plans on how they seem the team progressing etc....if Moves in are still happening then id start to question if the manager has much choice & perhaps that was a reason he left?

Dont blame you....Anything over £25m for Milner is too much - so something similar + Ireland is just crackers.

The thing is when you have a manager, they have a vision & plans on how they seem the team progressing etc....if Moves in are still happening then id start to question if the manager has much choice & perhaps that was a reason he left?

Our director posted what happened and why he left, if anyone is interested I can post that here..?

The issue was the wages vs revenue argument, he was told to address it and didn't do so, Lerner simply came out with logical thought, something our own fans had said many times ourselves, you can't have people getting 30-50k sitting on the bench with no chances of playing, it's not financially viable, esp when our squad was tiring at the end of every season and still none of the fringe players were ever given a chance, they aren't all awful players, all could play at least some part.

Apparently MON was part of the Milner going transfer from the very beginning, I guess he thought that meant he'd done his bit, but he hadn't, it was he who bought these expensive unused players so it was he who needed to sort it out. I like MON but I am not sad to see him go, we spent more money than we had to give him his chance to challenge and at some stage we were always going to have to cut back.....you'd think we'd have had a good and big squad by now based on the spending, but we don't.

Ireland is just part of the Milner transfer, it suits every party, I doubt any manager will have any qualms with getting some Milner money and a good player in his squad.

Good, interesting post Tom. I think MON has let you down really - by walking away. He had tremendous backing from Lerner and as soon as he's told it can't continue the way it was, he's walking away. Poor do. Which club does he think can supply him with an endless cash provision?

p.s. It's always been good to have proper away fans posting on this site.

We're not the first club he's left in a financial mess. Look at what Strachan inherited at Celtic, oldies like Sutton and Hartson on lucrative and long contracts etc etc.

He bottled it, that's the end of it really. Still like him as his passion is pretty infectious (annoying for other fans but he's one of those that you love it when he does it in your colours) but it's just annoying as a fan to see the media sympathise with him so much, Lerner deserves the sympathy, MON just walked out on him after so much support and money from his pocket.

Ffan.....You will be very pleased with MH and his back-room boys, especially his fitness regime and the inexpensive gems he seems to aquire.

However, don't expect any youngsters to make it through the youth team/ academy. MH pretty much destroyed our youth set-up.

Now Big Sam may have a type of management and football style that a lot of Rovers supporters don't like but he certainly brings on the youth players and isn't afraid to give them first team chances.

So Hughes was meant to be the perfect manager, develop a youth system with little/no money? In his later days, he introduced a blue print for the academy so did not completely neglect it.

How many gems have moved onto better things?

I think the important facts are the following:

Top 6 with Hughes and no youth

Top 10 with Big Sam with youth

Yeh, I'm never sure whether the 'good' youth are Hughes unearthed gems, or BFS 'man managed' kids. Olsson was poor under Hughes but unearthed by his setup.

Archived