BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark my words, City won't win a thing this season. They're signing all the wrong players and will suffer from inconsistency and disharmony within the ranks. How people have the nerve to compare them to Rovers in our heyday is astounding.

Im unsure, it could all click into place or go horribly wrong.

Silva - Brilliant signing imo, a world class playmaker who will pull the strings and score and create alot.

Yaya Toure - I know his wages and fee are infalted but to them does it matter? Hes a top class defensive midfielder who will provide a solid base in the midfield.

Boateng - Versatile and seemed decent in the world cup.

Kolarov - Highly rated but will he do it in the prem?

Balotelli - Has all the talent in the world, but i think this transfer could either take them to the next level or cause serious disruption. Mancini needs to control the likes of him, Robinho, Adebayor and Tevez, and im not 100% sure he can. It will be entertaining either way.

Milner - When he signs, i dont think he will make much difference. Versatile, reliable, English and not too disruptive are all plus points, but hes overrated imo.

Id play:

Given

Boateng Kompany K Toure Kolarov

Yaya Toure De Jong

A Johnson Balotelli Silva

Tevez

However Mancini is a very defensive manager and i think he may also play the overrated Barry in a defensive midfield trio, which means only 3 attacking places and more potentially unhappy players. He needs to play to his strengths, and not stuff his team with holding players. I also feel selling Bellamy will be a mistake, the likes of Wright-Phillips, Ireland and Santa Cruz should all be out of the door first.

Mark my words, City won't win a thing this season. They're signing all the wrong players and will suffer from inconsistency and disharmony within the ranks. How people have the nerve to compare them to Rovers in our heyday is astounding.

I agree, i think it has got disaster written all over it.

Balotelli has some serious potential but at the same time has an ego the size of Jupiter if all reports are correct. I can see some serious disharmony at that club some point this season, will be surprised if Mancini finishes the season as manager as well.

city could probably do with targeting on of the best keepers in the world, never really understood the big deal about hart and given. Possibly due to always comparing keepers to brad who was different class by comparison.

but, how anyone can think city won't go close or win the league is beyond me. Chelsea are the danger to them, i could see city giving the likes of arsenal,villa and liverpool hidings.

Kolo is by a mile the weakest link in their team and that says somthing.

ZABALETA.......TOURE...........BOATENG........KOLAROV

MILNER.........TOURE...........BARRY...........JOHNSON

...................SILVA(or TEVEZ).......................

.................BALLOTELLI(or ADEYBAYOR)..............

that is a ridiculously strong team.

hope they do get Zlatan, not our money and half of it goes to our taxman which is good. If we don't win the league :lol: i hope city do.

Judging from what I've heard from Shay Givens father it's already happened. :rover:

Man City splashing the cash again and have signed Mario Balotelli from Inter Milan for a a alleged £24 million.

Total deal was 33 million Euro's,not sure what that is in pounds though.

AC Milan fancy Dos Santos on loan & Robinho too,but i think Robinho will end up at Barcelona.

Palermo still fancy Lucas at Liverpool.

Juventus pushing hard on Dzeko again. :(

Boateng has done well for himself,from Portsmouth to AC Milan on loan(joins monday)

Roma trying to get Behrami on loan,doubt they will manage though.

Judging from what I've heard from Shay Givens father it's already happened. :rover:

Don't doubt for a minute that those wasters will see that 500,000 / wk salary and go bonkers. Everyone's gonna want something on par w/ that. Good thing City have that money making machine in the 'basement' because they'll need to splash it --- it'll be the only way to keep the peace.

Our friend Oliver Holt, for one. :lol:

Haven't read what he said but there is a similarity in that we had more money available than anybody else at that time.

The initial difference being that we began from a lower division and a much lower position in terms of squad quality. But the big difference was that KMD used Jacks money to build a team that could play and complement each other. Mancini like Cook before him is just collecting expensive trinkets. Rich Arabs seem to like that sort of thing but I prefer to believe the doctrine that there is no 'i' in team.

City throwing good money after bad.

after they dont win anything this season, what do they do next year ? Thrown a further £200m at it ?

Never has money ruined a club like it is doing at city and I do feel genuinely concerned for their fans because when it implodes they will suffer.

City throwing good money after bad.

after they dont win anything this season, what do they do next year ? Thrown a further £200m at it ?

Never has money ruined a club like it is doing at city and I do feel genuinely concerned for their fans because when it implodes they will suffer.

Will it implode? Haven't the Sheiks started 500 million pounds worth of redevelopment in east Manchester? Doesn't sound like they will get bored any time soon.

Steady on.... lets not go overboard!

Will it implode? Haven't the Sheiks started 500 million pounds worth of redevelopment in east Manchester?

Really? Are they getting a Primark too? ^_^

Will it implode? Haven't the Sheiks started 500 million pounds worth of redevelopment in east Manchester? Doesn't sound like they will get bored any time soon.

I think that Man City are looking to develop its immediate surroundings for the good of themselves mostly. There is a wider regeneration just about to start around Ancoats and Miles Platting, where I doubt the money has come from them.

Archived