BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SSN reporting that Sir Alex Ferguson has said he wont be spending any more money this summer.

That really isn't a surprise to me.

I don't think that the right players are out there at the moment, eitehr because they are over-priced or because they've personally rebuffed United. Owen was a stop-gap solution while they wait for the right player to become available. Also, we need to remember that their squad is absolutely huge now. A fourth striker or a sixth winger would barely get a game!

That really isn't a surprise to me.

I don't think that the right players are out there at the moment, eitehr because they are over-priced or because they've personally rebuffed United. Owen was a stop-gap solution while they wait for the right player to become available.

Now that appears to be exactly what Nicko has been banging on about Big Sam doing for the past month.

Difference is that United still have a lot of quality in their squad, we DESPERATELY need a new striker.

That said, I'm in no rush for one. We need to play the waiting game and make sure that we don't get ripped off or end up with the wrong player.

SSN reporting that Sir Alex Ferguson has said he wont be spending any more money this summer.

Suprised by that - £70m banked from the sales of Ronaldo/ Campbell

Ronaldo replaced by Valencia

& Tevez replaced by Owen

Very suprised they havent look to replace one of Scholes or Giggs

Suprised by that - £70m banked from the sales of Ronaldo/ Campbell

Ronaldo replaced by Valencia

& Tevez replaced by Owen

Very suprised they havent look to replace one of Scholes or Giggs

Agree, especially as the replacements (though talented) are not as good as the players they are replacing.

Factor in doubts over Hargreaves ever returning, and the likes of Neville and van der Saar also getting on a bit, I thought there might be a bit more transfer activity from them.

Undoubtedly, Eto'o is a better striker that Adebayor, but the latter makes far more sense for City. Adebayor and Roque to lead the line, Tevez and Robinho in support. That is a formiddable attack. Hughes clearly has no intention of playing any of his other striekrs. It might take a while, but they will be moved on.

Arsenal will be able to hold them to ransom and get an absolutel fortune for him, but the problem will be finding a replacement.

I'm not sure I believe fergie. He has said that before and then gone out and spent the odd £20m.

I hope they are in for Young. We could do with Villa losing all their key players.

I just saw the interview and he also says, "There's a month, no two months (Well about 6 weeks to be exact) until the end of the transfer window so who knows."

Basically it's RFW being a RFW, he wants people to think they won't pay silly prices for anyone while all the while monitoring the market and seeing what comes up.

SkySports just put the headlines up which attract people to the story, very much like last week when they bigged up the interview with BFS wanting to sign Crouch when the actual interview he said when asked about Crouch that he likes him as a player and will keep an eye on him from a far but there are other teams much ahead of us - Nothing like the story that we are in the hunt for Crouch that they hinted at.

Portsmouth could be really screwed. Canterbury, the clothes chain has closed down. Apparently their current owner Alex Gadymek (spelling?) owned alot of shares in it. If their take over doesn't go through, they could be finished.

Don't forget either that Pompey have a hell of a lot of rebuilding to do this summer.

If Crouch goes then they don't have a single decent Premier League striker. Meanwhile they have holes in their midfield and it looks as though Campbell will be off as well. On top of everything, they don't even have a manager!

If they don't move fast on the ownership of the club then it'll be too late to make changes and they'll be in real trouble next season.

Makes you realise how lucky it is that we are run / owned by the people we are, even though the lack of funds can be pretty infuriating.

I've been thinking that the BRFC is not really "desperate" for a striker. While it is the first order of business, obviously, we don't have to pay money we don't want to spend for a striker of questionable value. After all, looking at Sam's efforts without RSC or Debryshire, we were a top ten club. I have no doubt that he can repeat the performance, if necessary.

I am not advocating not buying a striker. We need one. But we are not desperate and should not be acting desperate. We have a solid club and we can wait for the right man at the right price. We can and should be patient. And if rumors of McCarthy getting fit are true, then we may be sitting very pretty. Assuming that Di Santo and Vieri come aboard, then we may be in very good shape and can focus on improving the midfield.

Don't forget either that Pompey have a hell of a lot of rebuilding to do this summer.

If Crouch goes then they don't have a single decent Premier League striker. Meanwhile they have holes in their midfield and it looks as though Campbell will be off as well. On top of everything, they don't even have a manager!

If they don't move fast on the ownership of the club then it'll be too late to make changes and they'll be in real trouble next season.

Makes you realise how lucky it is that we are run / owned by the people we are, even though the lack of funds can be pretty infuriating.

Yeh it's easy to get hung up on your own club and wondering why we haven't signed a striker yet, other clubs have a lot bigger problems than us.

Hull are prepared to spend money and wanted Fraizer Campbell and Owen but are struggling to attract players

Pompey have lost one of their best players in Johnson and are likely to lose Crouch, don't have a manager or an owner.

Newcastle still have their crap players, have no manager or owner, not to mention they are in league one, sorry the championship, getting ahead of myself there.

Villa have lost their captain, arguably best player and talisman all in one player and have bought nobody, Young rumoured to be leaving.

Sounds like Everton lost out on Owen and might now lose out on Naughton, again perhaps struggling to attract the players despite consistent strong finishes in the table.

Spuds have to sell to buy apparantley and are holding things up by asking for silly prices, 8m odd on Zokora tells you enough

Lots of other clubs having similiar problems to the ones above as well, seem to be City holding things up with Chelsea waiting to pounce when they decide who they want, Sunderland with some money to throw around, other than those 3 every club seems to have their problems right now. Even City are still struggling to bring in the huge names they originally anticipated.

Archived