BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh I love it when the football season starts.

I'm sat here with some tiger bread baps, a packet of beefy crisps and some broccoli quiche and enjoying a good game of football.

Come 4.45pm I'll probably be saying how rubbish football is if we don't get the result we want, so i might as well enjoy the build up :)

I'm sat here with some tiger bread baps, a packet of beefy crisps and some broccoli quiche and enjoying a good game of football.

Come 4.45pm I'll probably be saying how rubbish football is if we don't get the result we want, so i might as well enjoy the build up :)

Beef crisps and broccoli quiche! Hope your spending the night on your own mate and if not, open a window or two!

You're sure pushing the boat put mate! Where's your beer? You may need it when Rovers kick off ;-)

Incredible stuff by Blackpool. They could very well be the rare bright spot of this season. Wigan resume their reputation as the PL whipping boys, but will no doubt slay the Big Four this season.

It'll be curious to see what the MOTD boys have to say about their buddy Martin O'Neil. No doubt they'll be gushing with praise for him and his 'untenable' situation at Villa. Let's be realistic here, Villa spent significantly more than Tottenham & Everton (in fees and wages) and yet both of them have broke into the Top Four, whereas Villa never advanced above 6th. The players are apparently not reeling from his exit, with talk of celebratory txt messages and today's romping display against West Ham.

Got in at half time of the Chelsea game so I can say I have seen a live Premier League table with Blackpool top of it!

Other than the clubs which have sold out their STs, I'd say PL attendances are down 5% or so today. 25,800 or so at Ewood is a bit disappointing- I guess home support 2,000ish down.

Got in at half time of the Chelsea game so I can say I have seen a live Premier League table with Blackpool top of it!

Other than the clubs which have sold out their STs, I'd say PL attendances are down 5% or so today. 25,800 or so at Ewood is a bit disappointing- I guess home support 2,000ish down.

Maybe not 2000 down.

Think there was around 21000 home fans on today, last season against City there was a crowd of 29000 with 7000+ away fans- so 22000ish home fans?

Yah boo sucks at Nicko?

Seriously, it is probably either a buyer- Huang- coming good (which looked very unlikely two days ago but perhaps deliberately misleading information was coming out) or perhaps more likely Hicks and Gillett cutting their losses and handing the keys to the banks. That is not an administration by the way. Liverpool can pay their bills but the banks in the last refinancing put Hicks and Gillett into a sell it or lose it position.

Certainly some gaps in the corners of the Jack Walker and the Blackburn End.

I'd imagine they're going to confirm that Liverpool haven't decided on a buyer yet :rolleyes:

Well, they released a very official statement yesterday saying there had been no buyer and they were biding their time and waiting for the right move. As Philipl says it must be too soon for a change in that stance.

It's probably something to do with finance but not as bad as administration..

Archived