BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Yah boo sucks at Nicko?

Seriously, it is probably either a buyer- Huang- coming good (which looked very unlikely two days ago but perhaps deliberately misleading information was coming out) or perhaps more likely Hicks and Gillett cutting their losses and handing the keys to the banks. That is not an administration by the way. Liverpool can pay their bills but the banks in the last refinancing put Hicks and Gillett into a sell it or lose it position.

Philip how will the second bit work? If the Yanks give the banks the keys, do the banks get all the money from the sale? Or will the Yanks somehow get something out of it?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yanks owe the banks £300 million plus. They can't pay up by the deadline which is in October I think, so the banks will then be the "owners" of Liverpool FC - which will in turn mean that the UK government will technically own them.

The Yanks will get nothing except egg on their faces I'd imagine.

Well, they released a very official statement yesterday saying there had been no buyer and they were biding their time and waiting for the right move. As Philipl says it must be too soon for a change in that stance.

It's probably something to do with finance but not as bad as administration..

And here it is:

"ChrisBasco_NOTW

If anyone thinks Hicks and Gillett have spent last 4 months trying to sell LFC, think again. They plotted to refinance 290m worth of debt."

A bit boring really, just designed to outrage some fans.

• Backroom

They changed the cameras at the reebok just after Coyle took over I remember someone saying it made it look more continental.

After hart starting the day well there was some awful goalkeeping today, Green, Kirkland, Carson and Howard all guilty from what I've seen so far

• Backroom

Steve Bruce is a twonk, moaned about the ref when both cattermoles bookings were well justified.

Concentrate on why you threw away a two goal lead spud head

Having watched Match of the Day, can anyone tell me which are the teams that have strengthened so much that it has caused half the MB to go into total vapours over on the transfer and Rovers sale threads?

From what I could see, quality of defending has reached an all time low in the League.

This could be another season to capitalize on the lack of quality. But then again I am sure half a dozen other teams would be saying this to themselves too.

Over the last couple of years, the lack of quality in the league has dipped and the gaps closed considerably between the best and worst sides of the division. It takes a couple of astute signings and a good run of results to push you above expectations this season I would say, just as was the case last year.

A couple of signings could see us competing with the likes of villa and everton. We've shown today that we can compete with the latter and we did the double over villa last season so neither team should be out of reach. We are some distance behind the top 5 or 6 teams in my view, don't see us catching up with them too quickly.

A couple of signings could see us competing with the likes of villa and everton. We've shown today that we can compete with the latter and we did the double over villa last season so neither team should be out of reach. We are some distance behind the top 5 or 6 teams in my view, don't see us catching up with them too quickly.

Just because we have isolated good results it doesn't mean we can necessarily compete over a season.

Both sides are miles ahead of us in midfield and also a fair bit better up front and that'll need a lot of investment.

Watching Yaya Toure skew a shot into nowhere from the edge of the box, I could only say to myself: "So that's what £200k a week buys you these days?"

Defoe was close to score when Crouch dropped him the ball. The situation was created by Lennon who had no troubles to cross when he was one on one against Yaya. Too early to judge but he has to improve a lot. Same goes to David Silva.

Having watched Chelsea yesterday it is very easy to see why Lampard is one of the most celebrated midfielders in England. Playing alongside Essien and Mikel makes it very easy for him. It also explains why he can't do it for England as he does not have the quality of those two doing the dirty work for him.

Having watched Chelsea yesterday it is very easy to see why Lampard is one of the most celebrated midfielders in England. Playing alongside Essien and Mikel makes it very easy for him. It also explains why he can't do it for England as he does not have the quality of those two doing the dirty work for him.

I disagree. At club level he is one of the very best, it doesn't matter how many "do the dirty work", to consistently score 20 goals a season from midfield is absolutely brilliant. Essien is world class but Lampard was doing it for a long time before the emergence of Mikel.

Watching Yaya Toure skew a shot into nowhere from the edge of the box, I could only say to myself: "So that's what £200k a week buys you these days?"

I hope Man City fail badly this year. All that money spent and they still go with three defensive midfielders and one up top. I don't know why they appointed Mancini in the first place.

I disagree. At club level he is one of the very best, it doesn't matter how many "do the dirty work", to consistently score 20 goals a season from midfield is absolutely brilliant. Essien is world class but Lampard was doing it for a long time before the emergence of Mikel.

Agreed. It's easy to just say that "he only does it because of the players next to him", but he's been doing it for years. Mikel is far from world class, Essien has missed long periods and sometimes he's been stuck alongside players like Deco and Ballack, who have quality but don't play in the same way to Essien and Mikel. He's a world class player who would make any side.

Archived