BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't pick and choose when to play the "he plays alongside players who help him" card. Lampard is consistently the discussion for the best central midfielder in the premier league each season. His performances for England aren't even that bad, he's just one of the few players who is always singled out whenever England don't win. He actually had a reasonable World Cup.

He scored one of the best goals!

Lampard is a top player and just like Gerrard has been put in a square hole constantly for England.

Exactly. Successive England managers are either ...

a. stupid.

b. have learned nothing about the game in all their long and distinguished careers.

or

c. simply aren't allowed to pick the team through interfering media, FA and sponsor politics.

Delete as appropriate.

You can't pick and choose when to play the "he plays alongside players who help him" card. Lampard is consistently the discussion for the best central midfielder in the premier league each season. His performances for England aren't even that bad, he's just one of the few players who is always singled out whenever England don't win. He actually had a reasonable World Cup.

He was awful at the World Cup.

Lovely goal by Dave Jones for Wolves. Good idea to get the ball up and over the wall and dip before it gets to the goal line.

Noticed that the cameras at The Breezeblock have been brought down to a lower level. Guess they do it to make the stadium look more full because it's far too low for getting a better view on TV.

Noticed that....it's something I pray Rovers consider as it's difficult for me to get to Ewood much.

:rolleyes:

Just read that Diego Maradona wants Aston Villa job, if he gets it I'm becoming a Villa fan.

Maradona managing in the premiership, now that would be fantastic :tu:

I pray that Lerner has more upstairs than that!!!!!

I have had a txt from a man city supporting mate saying that certain players such as RSC, Bellamy and Richards are being paid sums of up to £2m each to quit the club as pay offs.

Anyone know if this is being reported anywhere else ?

Giggs just scores another goal. That is a goal in each of the premiership seasons.

Despite him being a mank you have to admie his skills.

I have had a txt from a man city supporting mate saying that certain players such as RSC, Bellamy and Richards are being paid sums of up to £2m each to quit the club as pay offs.

Yes widely.

It all started when Ireland asked for £2m to get shunted to Villa and this morning all the others made their positions clear as well.

Yes they are being greedy but they are all senior international stars and City have been like the kid in the sweet shop signing so many and treating the careers of all their players like disposable wrappers. It is pure mercenary behaviour on the part of both the club and the players and that was exemplified by the way the visibly run down Brian Kidd described the casual way Shay Given had been dropped on Saturday morning.

We are now looking at a set-up at Eastlands that has no personality, no heart and no soul- just a bunch of talented individuals who together make a sum which is far less than the parts.

Personally I am delighted the fixture list sends us to the Council House as early as 11 September. I expect we'll find the residents are in Wayne and Waynetta Slob mode.

Giggs just scores another goal. That is a goal in each of the premiership seasons.

Despite him being a mank you have to admie his skills.

Surely they are making a mistake by releasing Richards (and actually paying to get rid of him non the less)? With just a bit of defensive sense coached into him he would be a world beater.

Is this going to them or their agents?

Surely they are making a mistake by releasing Richards (and actually paying to get rid of him non the less)? With just a bit of defensive sense coached into him he would be a world beater.

might be a world class boxer........never as a defender, awful against spuds.

• Moderation Lead

To the players I believe- at any rate it's another shocking waste of money by Citeh. Richards started his career so promisingly but has ended up having his head turned and gotten in with a bad crowd socially.

BBC link- Bellamy to Cardiff today

The City hierarchy will be delighted at this- he won't be able to haunt them in the Prem.

They must be happy with it, they'll be paying the vast majority of his wages still.

I think they've missed a trick here though. If they let him go to a lower Premier League team, say us or Fulham, then that probably would have done them more favours.

PL rules state he couldn't play against City, so he couldn't hurt them, but he could score goals against their Champions League rivals.

Daft if you ask me.

Archived