BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milner finally having a medical at City. I think Villa have come out of this deal very well, big money for Milner after one decent season, plus Ireland who is a better player imo.

I agree. Quality midfielder for an over-rated English player + a bag full of cash!

Is Neymar looking for a better wage packet? Says he wants to stay in Santos now.

Strange one that,Chelsea have been after him for months now.bid twice,Chelsea wouldn't have gone through all that if the player wasn't interested in joining.

City are a right joke.Surely Ireland is better than Milner?,i don't understand that signing at all.

It is a massive shame that a player of Bellamy's ability is not going to be in the Premier League next season.

It's an even bigger shame that he isn't at Rovers, as he would've given us another dimension not to mention being an exceptionally good player.

Perhaps the biggest shame though is that it's a new level of the clubs with mega bucks hoarding all the best players and preventing their rivals from having them.

What odds of us having a crack at some of the City cast offs in January or will the boat well and truly have sailed by then (assuming a takeover goes through but not pre-August 31st).

If you could only have one realistic cast off from them who would it be?

What odds of us having a crack at some of the City cast offs in January or will the boat well and truly have sailed by then (assuming a takeover goes through but not pre-August 31st).

If you could only have one realistic cast off from them who would it be?

Mark Hughes.

So where is Ozil going to play at Madrid?! Too many attacking players as it is. Madness.

It's classic Real Madrid: Bring in a new manager who gets 5-6 new players, get rid of him the next season to get another manager who get's 5-6 new players and has to get rid of the last 5-6 players brought in for another manager with different ideas. Repeat until Ragnarök...

Yeah- Van Der Vaart, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Kaka (though he's injured for a while), Diarra x2, Gago.......

oh and now Ozil!

It's reported that he cost about £13 million. Milner has gone for £25m + Stephen Ireland. How can that be? The typical inflated price for English players?

It's reported that he cost about £13 million. Milner has gone for £25m + Stephen Ireland. How can that be? The typical inflated price for English players?

Final year of his contract brought the price down. His market value was speculated to be between £30m and £35m.

Ozil had 12 months to run on his contract.

Yeah- Van Der Vaart, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Kaka (though he's injured for a while), Diarra x2, Gago.......

oh and now Ozil!

Mourinho religiously plays 4-5-1/4-3-3 so he will need these attacking midfielders (I crossed out defensive midfielders in your list).

I'd imagine it'll be Ronaldo, Di Maria and either Van Der Vaart or Ozil behind the main striker. At least until Kaka is back, anyway.

Five players fighting over three positions isn't overly excessive by any means.

• Moderation Lead

Van Der Vaart has been offered all over the place,reckon he will be off.

Oh yeah- I'm surprised he has stayed as long as he has. Awesome footballer though.

Yes widely.

It all started when Ireland asked for £2m to get shunted to Villa and this morning all the others made their positions clear as well.

Yes they are being greedy but they are all senior international stars and City have been like the kid in the sweet shop signing so many and treating the careers of all their players like disposable wrappers. It is pure mercenary behaviour on the part of both the club and the players and that was exemplified by the way the visibly run down Brian Kidd described the casual way Shay Given had been dropped on Saturday morning.

We are now looking at a set-up at Eastlands that has no personality, no heart and no soul- just a bunch of talented individuals who together make a sum which is far less than the parts.

Personally I am delighted the fixture list sends us to the Council House as early as 11 September. I expect we'll find the residents are in Wayne and Waynetta Slob mode.

Not just City, Barry got it from us when he left, is it that rare?

Archived