BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

I was about to ask what he did at Blackburn. I can't remember.

Edit:

According to a post on another forum:

As a youth team player at Blackburn he was sacked for allegedly stealing from other youth players. Then Bolton acquired him and was found to be up to no good again.

West Brom could be signing Cheick Tiote from FC Twente

Karl Oyston stands down as Blackpool chairman.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ireland is as good player than Milner. Stupid move but it´s City.

No he's not. Ireland is a luxury player who tries the 'World Cup ball' too many times. Milner can play multiple positions well, always puts in a shift and has bags of talent.

He's not worth the money they paid him, but nobody they've bought has been.

Not PL, but Kevin Prince Boateng has gone to AC Milan, via Genoa.

What a dodgy set up that is, I've seen it happen before in Italy too.

Its within the rules and as it says:

"Will he return to Genoa? He could do, but in a way I hope he doesn't. If Milan buy him outright then it'll mean we both saw this is a great player and Genoa will have made a healthy profit."

Chelsea did no different really with Alex.

Karl Oyston has resigned as Chairman of Blackpool with immediate effect but remains as Chief Executive.

Says he has become disillusioned with the impact of agents in the Premier League.

He's hardly had time to be dissillusioned about anything yet. I know what he means though and what goes on really is shameful but I'd imagine he'll make more out of Blackpools 5 minutes of fame than all their players agents added together. ^_^

With Owen Oyston still majority shareholder I imagine the whole club will soon resemble a macabre parody of the Beeb's excellently seedy 'Funland'.

"Will he return to Genoa? He could do, but in a way I hope he doesn't. If Milan buy him outright then it'll mean we both saw this is a great player and Genoa will have made a healthy profit."

Can we get Cercle Brugge to buy Dani Guiza, then loan him to us, so we can buy him when the takeover's gone through? ;)

It's totally different to Chelsea and Alex. Chelsea bought him and loaned him there for experience (or was it work permits issues?), then they brought him back to be in the first team. Either way they bought him with the intention of playing him in the first team at some point. Nothing wrong with doing that at all.

Genoa have said that they've bought Boateng and don't plan to have him play for the club. It's basically a backhanded way of one club loaning another club money, with Genoa expecting decent interest on the loan.

Italian football really his horrible. Clubs have done this in the past to dodge the number of foreign signings rule as well.

Not PL, but Kevin Prince Boateng has gone to AC Milan, via Genoa.

What a dodgy set up that is, I've seen it happen before in Italy too.

It's been done to try and help with the relations between the 2 clubs.Things are at an all time low,far worse than you and Burnley.Last years game had to be played behind closed doors at the Luigi Ferraris.

AC are paying Genoa £1.2 million over the season in a loan fee.

Poor old Sheff Wed!

Latest on Huang to Liverpool

Reading that, the Board have taken the Liverpool owners to Court!

This saga at Liverpool reminds me of a situation I found myself in back in the early 2000s if you take a zero off the numbers. A dominant shareholder went bad forcing the banks who had financed it all to act.

In the end, the bureaucrats at the banks don't have the same balls for a fight that entrepreneurs have. Once the bank's investment committee writes the numbers down, the bankers consider the money lost, not that there is real money they have every right to still go get but that it is a bit confrontational to go for it. They will leave millions in the hands of people who should have had it all taken off them but what does happen is the business over which they squabble gets wrecked.

Very bad time to be a Liverpool supporter.

Esewhere, Chelsea's handling of young players gets a trashing in the Independent

Not Premier League but things get worse still in Scotland

Crunch quote:

A staggering 38% fall in the club's annual incomes means Rangers' entire operation earned only £39.7m in 2009; by contrast the bottom-placed club in the English top flight this season will receive approximately £50m from television alone.

The figures are laid bare in a PriceWaterhouseCoopers report into Scottish Premier League finances released yesterday. Paramount in Rangers' problems is the fact they merely take a share of the £13m-a-year joint Sky-ESPN broadcast deal for the entire SPL, a sum that has effectively remained static from the £12m total paid by Sky alone in 1998. Over that period the Premier League's collective domestic television rights deal has ballooned from £167.5m in the 1998-9 season to almost £600m a year today.

And therein lies a clue as to one of the reasons why the Old Firm were denied access to the Premier League, despite the support of influential individuals such as the league's representative on the Football Association board, Phil Gartside. If a league featuring Rangers and Celtic could raise only £13m a year, what would the upside be to Premier League clubs playing them?

Archived