BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading that, the Board have taken the Liverpool owners to Court!

Very bad time to be a Liverpool supporter.

Not sure what's going on at Liverpool, but from what I've read RBS take control at the end of the month. They are owed £237m. H&G want more so they can pocket the difference before they get repossessed. I don't think RBS want the club but are unwilling for it to be worth less, ie £237m minus further debts piled on top. Kenny Huang can probably buy it off RBS for circa £237m at end of August or circa £350m now.

With regard to all the cash being splashed on Joe Cole at al, I don't understand why RBS would sanction that, so can only assume its window dressing by H&G. Its a question of whether those players are assets to the club (future income from improved performance) or liabilities (transfers and wages), or indeed whether they will simply be paid for by Masherano leaving.

Itt seems that it is every man and dog for himself at Liverpool and even the board put in to sort it out is being picked off by different interests. Rothschilds' reputation is getting an absolute smearing in some of the press this morning- they apparently are the latest advisor to Gillett.

The banks look to be pocketing £60m in penalty fees regardless and will probably roll it all over for another 6 months to grab another big chunk of fees!

Coty's Vladimir Weisz has been loaned to Rangers for 12 months.

• Moderation Lead

My local paper said it was £25m + Ireland. I have no idea what is the correct number, but as you say still stupid. Especially considering as someone else mentioned that Real Madrid got both Khedira and Ozil for the same number.

It was 18 million plus Ireland, Ireland expected to be worth 8 million so the total value 24 million......

At any rate- ridiculous, Milner worth twice as much as Mezut Ozil??? Do me a favour!

Karl Oyston has resigned as Chairman of Blackpool with immediate effect but remains as Chief Executive.

Says he has become disillusioned with the impact of agents in the Premier League.

Yea that and the fact he is poss about to be made bankrupt, and would be disqualified as a director.

Oh dear.

Maji - please put some info on your links eh..... :lol:

Caciedo to West Ham is one we should have taken an interest in. (Is he the player who prefers the bright llights of London?)

Caciedo not happening now(on loan at least) as we are trying for Ferrara on loan from Chelsea and we already have Ben Haim on loan and the max is 2 domestically.

If the caceido deal is off I really hope we try for him. I think he would fit our style perfectly. Big and strong with youth on his side.

Agreed - big, strong, quick & young with a potential to sell on.....Loan for now, with a view to a permanent deal please.

Gallas off to Spurs is a strange one!! :blink:

Not Premier league, but it's like a morgue inside Anfield tonight. Poor performance from pool as well.

The Turkish fans where booing Liverpool on the ball and it actually sounded like the home fans. Where are the usual 'Those special European nights at Anfield' comments by the deluded scouse supporting commentators?!

ITVs narrative for this evening is "Torres is back". He came back live on ITV

Oh dear, is it Tyldsley? He just doesn't do himself any favours. It's like he goes out of his way to sound like a complete tosspot.

Archived