BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Yeh it's easy to get hung up on your own club and wondering why we haven't signed a striker yet, other clubs have a lot bigger problems than us.

Hull are prepared to spend money and wanted Fraizer Campbell and Owen but are struggling to attract players

Pompey have lost one of their best players in Johnson and are likely to lose Crouch, don't have a manager or an owner.

Newcastle still have their crap players, have no manager or owner, not to mention they are in league one, sorry the championship, getting ahead of myself there.

Villa have lost their captain, arguably best player and talisman all in one player and have bought nobody, Young rumoured to be leaving.

Sounds like Everton lost out on Owen and might now lose out on Naughton, again perhaps struggling to attract the players despite consistent strong finishes in the table.

Spuds have to sell to buy apparantley and are holding things up by asking for silly prices, 8m odd on Zokora tells you enough

Lots of other clubs having similiar problems to the ones above as well, seem to be City holding things up with Chelsea waiting to pounce when they decide who they want, Sunderland with some money to throw around, other than those 3 every club seems to have their problems right now. Even City are still struggling to bring in the huge names they originally anticipated.

I agree with 90% of that - the only thing I disagree with is Aston Villa's prospects. O'Neill is a shrewd man who will no doubt sign a couple of good players... Tuncay, perhaps? Losing Young would be a blow but I imagine that O'Neill will find a suitable replacement. I think that Villa will have another good season.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with 90% of that - the only thing I disagree with is Aston Villa's prospects. O'Neill is a shrewd man who will no doubt sign a couple of good players... Tuncay, perhaps? Losing Young would be a blow but I imagine that O'Neill will find a suitable replacement. I think that Villa will have another good season.

Yeh I'm not saying they are going to struggle but they are in a similiar situation to us, lost arguably their best player and are now waiting to replace him when the targets become available. I just mean in terms of transfer activity there are a lot of clubs for whatever reason that are not currently making many moves in the transfer market, at least not succesful ones.

At least we have brought in some squad players including some young players and Givet.

Yeh I'm not saying they are going to struggle but they are in a similiar situation to us, lost arguably their best player and are now waiting to replace him when the targets become available. I just mean in terms of transfer activity there are a lot of clubs for whatever reason that are not currently making many moves in the transfer market, at least not succesful ones.

At least we have brought in some squad players including some young players and Givet.

Aye - it seems that clubs are having to play the waiting game... apart from Real Madrid of course... :D

Givet is a cracking signing - very happy that such a good player was signed for a good price.

Aye - it seems that clubs are having to play the waiting game... apart from Real Madrid of course... :D

Givet is a cracking signing - very happy that such a good player was signed for a good price.

Considering the prices floating about 3.5m has to be one of the steals of the season so far, he's worth more like 10m at the going rate, at least!

Considering the prices floating about 3.5m has to be one of the steals of the season so far, he's worth more like 10m at the going rate, at least!

Indeed, I think that Givet fell out with the Marseilles manager at the time, Gerets. Fair play to Sam for taking advantage and getting him on board.

Tevez signs for City subject to medical examination - 5yr deal.

Good for them. More inflated wages no doubt, and further fuel to add to the striker discontentment fire. Wonder how Crocky feels at the moment ?

Adebayor on £170,000 a week anyone ?

Scandelous.

Accyrover

Even if Adebayor or any other striker doesn't come in there's going to be some disenchanted forwards. Reckon Tevez has gone a long way to undoing his cult status at OT, but probably the best move for him, both in terms of money and games he'll get.

Sounds like the bell is well and truely tolling for Portsmouth. Even if the takeover goes through, they're loosing players, left right and centre, and by the time they sort out the new manager he'll have little time to replace them. Couple this with a bad start to the season, and they could have real difficulty getting the quality in that they need.

Sounds like the bell is well and truely tolling for Portsmouth. Even if the takeover goes through, they're loosing players, left right and centre, and by the time they sort out the new manager he'll have little time to replace them. Couple this with a bad start to the season, and they could have real difficulty getting the quality in that they need.

Makes you wonder why Mokoena decided to go there with all that going on!

Or not :lol:

I just saw the interview and he also says, "There's a month, no two months (Well about 6 weeks to be exact) until the end of the transfer window so who knows."

Basically it's RFW being a RFW, he wants people to think they won't pay silly prices for anyone while all the while monitoring the market and seeing what comes up.

Yup. I will eat my own arm if Ferguson doesn't buy.

I mean it was only six months ago he said he wouldn't sell Madrid "a virus". It all balls.

Man City aside everyone seems to be struggling in the transfer market. We seem to actually have done quite well so far.

10.20 There's an interesting line coming out of Spain this morning. If reports are to believed Manchester City are lining up a move for Real Madrid veteran Guti.

10.15 Reports emanating from Italy continue to suggest Liverpool are weighing up a move for Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani.

Until something concrete happens in relation to Alonso or Mascherano, I reckon we can probably discount any rumours relating to possible CM players moving to Liverpool.

I also reckon the Guti stuff is rubbish. They MUST be sorted for midfield now, surely?!

Archived