BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just spoke to my Latics supporting friend who is less than impressed at conceding 10 goals in 2 games. He said their new striker from Argentina is the worst and laziest player he's ever seen!

Just spoke to my Latics supporting friend who is less than impressed at conceding 10 goals in 2 games. He said their new striker from Argentina is the worst and laziest player he's ever seen!

And they lost 0-8 in their last game of last season, so it's 0-18 in their last 3 league games. Imagine the meltdown here if that was us :)

I think we were linked to the striker as well but were prices out of the move. Boletelli isn't it?? Or something like that.

Boselli aye, he did come from Estudientes but Argentine footy is very different to the PL. They paid $9.8m for him.

I aint going to mention names but there a member on here who suggested that Wigan were going to be dark horses for a European slot !!

I have tody witnessed the worst ever performance on tv in over 5 years and that is saying some.

The pie eaters have spent some serious money on utter garbage and it isnt getting any better for them.

Oh dear another hopeless Latics performance. I see the attendance was in the low 14k, so about 10k Wigan fans, oh deary me :lol:. Warriors average home gate could be 50% on top of Latics :tu: not that I'm gloating or anything.....

I aint going to mention names but there a member on here who suggested that Wigan were going to be dark horses for a European slot !!

I have tody witnessed the worst ever performance on tv in over 5 years and that is saying some.

The pie eaters have spent some serious money on utter garbage and it isnt getting any better for them.

They are NOT the pie eaters, the Warriors are the pie eaters thank you.

Oh dear another hopeless Latics performance. I see the attendance was in the low 14k, so about 10k Wigan fans, oh deary me :lol:. Warriors average home gate could be 50% on top of Latics :tu: not that I'm gloating or anything.....

They are NOT the pie eaters, the Warriors are the pie eaters thank you.

Thought they were called 'the chubbies'?

Is it not a bit sad that Wiganers have a big rivalry with EACH OTHER?!

I know it's early days so you can't read too much into things but surely West Ham and Wigan must already be getting a tad nervous.

West Ham were beaten at home by Bolton - a tidy outfit under Coyle, but a home loss to a mediocre team is still worrying, which coupled with a loss on the opening day of the season - arguably to a Villa side in termoil - is far from an encouraging site. According to the bits I heard from 606 there seems to be unrest amongst the fans, with the supporters split over Cole's contribution. Booing a player, one of their better players at that, two games in is a worrying sign.

As for Wigan - personally the 4-0 drubbing by Blackpool is the more worrying of the two results for them, but you can't see moral being high around there at the moment. -10 goal difference will be worth at least another point to all the other teams around them.

Think Stoke will bustle their way out of trouble, but then I also think this could be the hardest premier league season yet. Their are very few poor teams in the division, and I think it's going to be very tight. There's not much seperating the mid table teams like Bolton, Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland, Blackburn - in fact bar Blackpool all of the teams have a fair bit about them and could well stay up.

Sure the gap between the big 3 and the rest is huge, but for the rest it'll be tough competition. I doubt the Villa's and Tottenham's will be relishing visits to or from many of the clubs in the prem this year - it's a tough league. Which makes West Ham and Wigan's start all the more worrying for them.

Woah who said anything about feeling sorry for them?

I think they're in trouble, and am very glad it's them not us. In fact I'd be very happy if West Ham go down - can't stand them. Wigan I've a bit more sympathy for - it's not easy being a premiership town team in lancashire but if it's them or us, it's no contest.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but City don't look too scary in my book. They're all still trying to figure out who their team mates are at the moment. Not saying it'll be easy, but I think it's a good time to play them - Europa League, early on in the season.

I know it's early days so you can't read too much into things but surely West Ham and Wigan must already be getting a tad nervous.

West Ham were beaten at home by Bolton - a tidy outfit under Coyle, but a home loss to a mediocre team is still worrying, which coupled with a loss on the opening day of the season - arguably to a Villa side in termoil - is far from an encouraging site. According to the bits I heard from 606 there seems to be unrest amongst the fans, with the supporters split over Cole's contribution. Booing a player, one of their better players at that, two games in is a worrying sign.

As for Wigan - personally the 4-0 drubbing by Blackpool is the more worrying of the two results for them, but you can't see moral being high around there at the moment. -10 goal difference will be worth at least another point to all the other teams around them.

Think Stoke will bustle their way out of trouble, but then I also think this could be the hardest premier league season yet. Their are very few poor teams in the division, and I think it's going to be very tight. There's not much seperating the mid table teams like Bolton, Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland, Blackburn - in fact bar Blackpool all of the teams have a fair bit about them and could well stay up.

Sure the gap between the big 3 and the rest is huge, but for the rest it'll be tough competition. I doubt the Villa's and Tottenham's will be relishing visits to or from many of the clubs in the prem this year - it's a tough league. Which makes West Ham and Wigan's start all the more worrying for them.

I agree with most of this. This is why I don't think we should be getting too downbeat about today's result. Having watched the first two Rovers games, I think we'll be mid table. We haven't had ten goals smashed past us....we haven't been humbled on our own patch by a poor team......we haven't thrown away a two goal lead at home then gone away and lost to a newly promoted team that had just shipped 6 goals in their last game. We've beaten a team generally regarded as being one of the better ones, and we've (fairly unluckily) lost narrowly to a team with one of the best home records in the whole league.

Some people's expectations are way beyond what they should be. We're still the best town team in the country, by some considerable distance. And that's without the potential new investment.

I agree with most of this. This is why I don't think we should be getting too downbeat about today's result. Having watched the first two Rovers games, I think we'll be mid table. We haven't had ten goals smashed past us....we haven't been humbled on our own patch by a poor team......we haven't thrown away a two goal lead at home then gone away and lost to a newly promoted team that had just shipped 6 goals in their last game. We've beaten a team generally regarded as being one of the better ones, and we've (fairly unluckily) lost narrowly to a team with one of the best home records in the whole league.

Some people's expectations are way beyond what they should be. We're still the best town team in the country, by some considerable distance. And that's without the potential new investment.

Thanks - forgot to add in about Sunderland. They've had a poor start to the season. Despite having lots of talent and having spent a lot of money (and apparently were rather unlucky vs Brum) are still only on 1 point. As for Stoke it must be even more frustrating, two decent to good performances and they've got no points.

Do look around and see some of the signings other clubs have made, and they breed mediocrity - West Ham for example have brought in a lot of average players.

Have Sunderland bought that well under Bruce, I am not so sure.

Do look around and see some of the signings other clubs have made, and they breed mediocrity - West Ham for example have brought in a lot of average players.

Have Sunderland bought that well under Bruce, I am not so sure.

Again on 606 there seemed to be a fair bit of discontent about Bruce's signings. Unhappy they sold Cana and made Cattermole captain, unhappy with selling Jones, unhappy with Bramble - ex barcodes and pants. (Although i thought he had a decent season last year.)

Personally I think he's very hit and miss. Cattermole is a quality player, as is Bent, Mensah (sp) and the lad from City in defence, but Campbell seemed a waste of money to me and can't see the point in selling Jones either. The good signings are fairly obvious ones, but for the money he's spent you think they should to better.

On a side note, it will be interesting to see how Sparky does with his signings at Fulham - if he does half as good as he did with Rovers, Fulham will be looking good.

Ricky, I did not listen to 606 tonight, what was your discussion about? How did it go down?

Archived