BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I aint going to mention names but there a member on here who suggested that Wigan were going to be dark horses for a European slot !!

I have tody witnessed the worst ever performance on tv in over 5 years and that is saying some.

The pie eaters have spent some serious money on utter garbage and it isnt getting any better for them.

And F**k Dave Whelan, did you see their kit today ? Almost blue and white halves, can someone remind him he doesn't own Blackburn Rovers.

I read a something today and got me thinking Why has no top four club ever tried to take Jussi Jääskeläinen from Notlob, he is a great keeper and although he is around 35 I would have expected someone to nab him over the years.

On a similar note Arsene Wenger is and absolute tigharse he wanted the morrocan lad but wouldnt pay 7 mill so waited till he could get him on a free, good business yes but what would have happened if he missed him? Now the same happens over a new keeper, Arsenal's keepers have been a bit poo over the last few years, he gets some great options and mumbles over price, Mark Schwarzer valued at around 2 mill and doesnt want to pay it, and now Given a great keeper is there for the taking and he still fumbles around.

My brother in law is a huge Arsenal fan and always whinges about him, and I struggle to see what he whinges at, but now I see his point, If Wenger spent on Given he could be challenging for the title, as it is they would rather haggle for a few bob either way on a second rate keeper.

I read a something today and got me thinking Why has no top four club ever tried to take Jussi Jääskeläinen from Notlob, he is a great keeper and although he is around 35 I would have expected someone to nab him over the years.

On a similar note Arsene Wenger is and absolute tigharse he wanted the morrocan lad but wouldnt pay 7 mill so waited till he could get him on a free, good business yes but what would have happened if he missed him? Now the same happens over a new keeper, Arsenal's keepers have been a bit poo over the last few years, he gets some great options and mumbles over price, Mark Schwarzer valued at around 2 mill and doesnt want to pay it, and now Given a great keeper is there for the taking and he still fumbles around.

My brother in law is a huge Arsenal fan and always whinges about him, and I struggle to see what he whinges at, but now I see his point, If Wenger spent on Given he could be challenging for the title, as it is they would rather haggle for a few bob either way on a second rate keeper.

Nobody can whinge about Wengers tenure at Arsenal if they care to view the accounts at their main rivals in the Prem.

Wenger's biggest recent mistakes have been allowing Diarra to leave and then losing Flamini on a free; and allowing Gallas and Silvestre to leave before losing Campbell as well.

He has a history of allowing players good players to leave without having the foresight to realise that others in their position are coming to the end of the contracts.

He needs a keeper. He has done for five years, and it's arguably cost them trophies. They've spent very little. Just get your cheque book out and sign a bloody keeper!

Flamini was a huge lose for them and Song is nowhere near him. But the lad really hadn't done a lot before his last season and he wanted to leave. He hasn't set the world on fire at AC since he moved there, though. He should have stayed and I'm surprised Wenger hasn't gone back in for him as him and Cesc together were great.

Diarra is a strange one, he was immense at portsmouth and I really wish we could have somehow bought him before he went there. But both Wenger and Mourinho see something in him that they don't like, perhaps he's one of those players who just isn't quite good enough for the best of the best. Gallas well maybe they are better off without him, I still remember his sit down protest and being striped of the catainacy, maybe he was their Benni? Also did he not want the same money and a 2 year deal? Wenger never hands out more than 1 year for the oldies.

A good keeper is worth 10-12 points a season and why oh why he hasn't bought one no body knows. Even now he's looking more at schwarzer than Given and I would taken given everyday. The young polish lad they have there looks serious business and I think Wenger is hoping he'll be ready in a couple of years, but there no harm having 2 top keepers these days and surely getting a Given would be better for the young lad's development.

Wengers an interesting fellow I love his policy and faith in youth, but he just won't pay over what he feels is fair for an older player and really he has to start doing this or it will be another barren year for them.

I completely agree about Jääskeläinens ability, one of the leagues 5 best keepers for almost 10 years straight now.

Thought they were called 'the chubbies'?

Is it not a bit sad that Wiganers have a big rivalry with EACH OTHER?!

Don't know what the latics are otherwise known as but pie eaters is a rugby term.

The rivalry comes very much from the latics. The JJB/DW has long been propped up by the Warriors (much bigger crowds, no Police costs, fewer stewards etc etc) yet we are treated as second class citizens. The bad blood has increased over the last few years due to the influx of latics fans from Man Utd who have no relation to the rugby. Probably the biggest problem was Jewel who absolutely despised the Warriors with a passion. I don't come from Wigan, I'm from Blackburn originally, now Chorley so I have no emotional attachment to Wigan itself but I love RL and Wigan RL is a major love of mine. I hate the latics and would love to see them go down.

Brum under Cheung was always going to be a wait and see case after the way he failed to raise the cash first time to buy out Gold and Sullivan.

What is good is the Prem are now acting ahead of potential problems but if that story is accurate, Brum and their holding company taken together are technically insolvent.

What happens if Cheung cannot give the requisite quality of assurance?

And F**k Dave Whelan, did you see their kit today ? Almost blue and white halves, can someone remind him he doesn't own Blackburn Rovers.

Birmingham City's kit isn't far off either. Found myself getting a bit confused yesterday (okay, I know that's easy, but still ...)

Another BIG club in potential trouble?

Amended it for you ... :P

Brum under Cheung was always going to be a wait and see case after the way he failed to raise the cash first time to buy out Gold and Sullivan.

What is good is the Prem are now acting ahead of potential problems but if that story is accurate, Brum and their holding company taken together are technically insolvent.

What happens if Cheung cannot give the requisite quality of assurance?

I wouldn't worry about it. £100M into Rovers which wil no doubt be in the form of an interest free loan will mean Syed will also have to provide such a token letter.

Noticed that Jonathan Walters in Stoke City team with an 'assist' against Spurs.

A long 10 years since the alleged 'dressing room' incident that led to him disappearing from our youth team to Notlob.

2.75mn transfer from Ipswich in summer.

Carson Yeung is a gambler, he made money out of the market boom after facing bankruptcy in the early 2000's. He's borrowed significant amounts of money to purchase the club. This is definitely the type of person that I would be dead against being involved in a club I support and I believe the trust have the same opinion.

Archived