BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 43,000 at Newcastle yesterday. Just 21,000 at Brum, 14,000 at Wigan.

14,000 at the Riverside was the lowest attendance at that ground since Boro moved. Attendances in the Championship generally seem to be falling off a cliff.

The economy is hitting football crowds hard.

Newcastle was like that because they didnt expect a good result - now im sure the next home game will attract more following a win.

Boro have been on a decline for years!

Wigan are not a football team - watch their next attendance! :blink:

The economy is hitting football crowds hard.

The economy yes but also the pathetic showing in the World Cup and the ludicrous amounts of money taken out of the game by players and agents. People are being sickened by the off field issues rather than football itself. Speaking to a NUFC supporter a few weeks back and he hates the influence that money has over the game and reckons to be disgusted by it all ..... I can tell you he wasn't talking like that when they were riding high and spending loads.

Newcastle was like that because they didnt expect a good result - now im sure the next home game will attract more following a win.

Boro have been on a decline for years!

Wigan are not a football team - watch their next attendance! :blink:

There's more examples than phil's.

West Brom (compared to last Premier League season), United, Villa, Sunderland are others who's ST sales are down.

Recession, garbage world cup, obsence wages, expensive tickets and a cartel at the top means that fans who actually go to matches are thinking again

Heard a rumour that mark schwarzer has failed a medical at arsenal

He has a back injury. They were talking about it yesterday saying how Given could end up at Fulham but only on loan.

If Given doesnt push for a transfer his career could well be sat on the City bench, City already stated they dont want to sell him, implies to me they still arent 100% sure if Hart is good enough.

implies to me they still arent 100% sure if Hart is good enough.

If they are unsure then they need shooting. He has gone past the point of it being just down to form, he is continuing to pull off top draw saves. His main issue when he first broke through was crosses and he seems to have that sorted now as well. As a pure shot stopper he is very good.

If Given doesnt push for a transfer his career could well be sat on the City bench, City already stated they dont want to sell him, implies to me they still arent 100% sure if Hart is good enough.

I think it just implies that they don't want to end up with Taylor as their second (and only) choice. If they'd sell Given, they'd have to buy a keeper good enough to fight for CL places but ready to sit on the bench if Hart stays fit - which isn't going to be easy. So they're better off by giving Given a ten-twenty grand a week raise to sit on the bench than roll the dice at the transfer market.

Recession, garbage world cup, obsence wages, expensive tickets and a cartel at the top means that fans who actually go to matches are thinking again

Good, lets hope that fans from all over the country unite against the obscene wages paid to footballers, agents and managers.

Everyone one of us is losing out on wages, pensions, shares, etc., yet footballers are earning more and more. Sorry but this isnt right.

What a negative side Man City have put out. A midfield of :

De Jong Yaya Toure Barry

A Johnson ----------------- Milner

How Gareth Barry is picked over David Silva when the side already has 2 holding mdifelders beats me. A shame that Balotelli isnt playing aswell.

Compare this to Liverpool who are going 4-4-2, much more positive especially when you recognise both Jovanovic and Kuyt are the wide players and they are just as adept up front.

City seems to be going for a scoreless draw, whereas Woy seems to be going for it.

Good, lets hope that fans from all over the country unite against the obscene wages paid to footballers, agents and managers.

Everyone one of us is losing out on wages, pensions, shares, etc., yet footballers are earning more and more. Sorry but this isnt right.

Obviously Rovers are bucking the trend with our pricing but empty seats are more prevelant than ever.

Strachan commented on it today saying that football wages are the only ones recession proof.

What a negative side Man City have put out. A midfield of :

De Jong Yaya Toure Barry

A Johnson ----------------- Milner

How Gareth Barry is picked over David Silva when the side already has 2 holding mdifelders beats me. A shame that Balotelli isnt playing aswell.

Compare this to Liverpool who are going 4-4-2, much more positive especially when you recognise both Jovanovic and Kuyt are the wide players and they are just as adept up front.

City seems to be going for a scoreless draw, whereas Woy seems to be going for it.

Working so far, and Barry shut me up...

I think its a sense of disillusion from the fans that is causing numbers to drop. Plus the availability of almost every "top quality" English & continental side on TV makes it the "safer" and cheaper option for an afternoon delight.

I do agree that TV over exposure is a major factor in decling crowds. Following the weekend`s games when 4 matches were shown we have a match every night this week followed by next weekend. 13 games for the armchair viewer! Why bother stepping outside your own front door!

Watching Liverpool must be like watching car crash tv, just waiting for the next disaster. Can't pass, can't shoot and, seemingly, can't challenge City who look very comfortable apart from maybe two minutes of the first half.

I said 30 mins into the Arsenal game that Hodgson won't be in that job long.

They are going to struggle imo

not really his fault he was left such a dire liverpool team.

its strange to say but it is'nt a case that one of the liverpool players would'nt make our team, but at least 5.

lucas,n'gog,the entire defence, on current form reina

The sad thing is how much money has been spent on such crap. Aquilani, Kuyt and Babel all cost over 10 million, as did Johnson (who isn't a bad player, but was worth about half of what was paid for him). Aquilani cost more than our starting team that beat Everton did, based on some quick math from the top of my head.

Torres in particular looks poor, he has made the wrong decision in two crucial counter attacks for Liverpool and looks so slow on the ball... Surely he has to be injured? I don't think Liverpool looks that abysmal as a team, they are just up against one of the heaviest, meanest and best central midfields of the PL: Barry, Touré and De Jong.

Also, the commentators has been embarrassing in their giggling school girl awe of how much money City have spent. They were bought by an extremely wealthy sheik, GET OVER IT.

Archived