BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Wonder who Begovic is off to?

I'd be livid if I was a Stoke fan, I hope Stoke dig their heels in and only let him go for their valuation for him to sit on another bench. Sorenson is dodgy at times and it would only been a matter of time before he became their number one. At Chelsea he would probably be a number 3, ridiculous. Hope he gets everything he deserves from this stunt.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Grim" is understating the matter somewhat, if those figures are correct interest on their various loans is running at 80m p.a.

That's the first time I've read anything which made me think ManUre might be in real jeapordy.

A cracking read!

:lol:

Probably worth reading Mourinho's comments in full. He did not only talk about Hodgson's enormous challenges at Liverpool but about the Premier League title challenge in general. He clearly doesn't rate Arsenal.

Two cracking lines- It is very difficult work for Roy to do it with Liverpool as, over the last years, they have been getting worse, worse and worse.

and- One thing is certain, Benítez won’t do better than me at Inter. Another thing is also true that, should he lift the Intercontinental Cup, he will have only won two games compared to my 13. Therefore it will be my trophy and not his.

Got to love the guy (unless you are Benitez)!

Thats not true Majiball as the vast majorit of scousers would rather lose Mascerano before Kuyt.

Philipl is right in his assessment of Kuyt at Liverpool.

Sorry Jal, Defending is not an attribute that I look for in a winger/striker. He lacks technically cannot cross a decent ball does not score enough goals. He's not a strong dribbler and whilst he plays for Holland I just don't think he's as good as some.

I think the majority of Pool fans are dreading Masch going as well, especially now Woy has them playing 442.

Sorry Jal, Defending is not an attribute that I look for in a winger/striker. He lacks technically cannot cross a decent ball does not score enough goals. He's not a strong dribbler and whilst he plays for Holland I just don't think he's as good as some.

I think the majority of Pool fans are dreading Masch going as well, especially now Woy has them playing 442.

Kuyt fits the 'Liverpool team player model' far more than what Masherano could or does do, OK, he may not be everybodys cup of tea but his continual movement can only be seen as a positive for the way Liverpool like to play their football.

On Kuyt, I am not saying he is a genius, just that:

- he is enormously better than the very poor opinion some people hold of him, and

- given the way they play and the weaknesses elsewhere in their team, Kuyt is a lynchpin of the Liverpool team.

Kuyt fits the 'Liverpool team player model' far more than what Masherano could or does do, OK, he may not be everybodys cup of tea but his continual movement can only be seen as a positive for the way Liverpool like to play their football.

- he is enormously better than the very poor opinion some people hold of him, and

- given the way they play and the weaknesses elsewhere in their team, Kuyt is a lynchpin of the Liverpool team.

Under Benitez maybe, but I could always argue that Woy will play differently now. Even under Benitez they were a defend first play second team most of the time. Liverpool are in their worst state for a long time at present, devoid of real attacking creative and flair players. Take away the two main ones and your left with a very average line-up. Kuyt is a decent player but no more, in a team on the decline and dependent on 2 players. I most definitely think that benitez'z rein was not what it should be because they did not have quality in the wide area's who could unlock defences and put in a good cross.

Mascherano, well I think your letting his highly unprofessional incident cloud your judgement. Mascherano is a superb holding player and if Barca want you then that speaks volumes.

If by weaknesses you are reffering to Johnsons defensive issues, then sorry but its the role of the defensive midfielder IE Mascherano to cover him not Kuyt.

I'll wager Shankly is turning in his grave at the thought of Kuyt being called a lynchpin.

In my opinion this Liverpool team is in the process of selling one of their remaining jewels. Maybe not one with the talent and skill of the much missed Xabi Alonso (who was WAY better than anyone gave credit for) but someone who at least gave that team some teeth. Mascherano leaving Liverpool is going to leave them with a massive hole in midfield. Gerrard isn't half the player he was with Alonso in the side and he'll be even less with Masherano gone. I'm no fan of Liverpool but you have to wonder what will happen to them without some half decent players.

My opinion of Kuyt is, again, of an underated player. He's not the best in the world but in a side like ours, I think he'd shine brighter because we'd play him in his proper role. Kuyt is a workhorse and one with at least some talent.

Did anyone else think that Torres looked like he really didn't want to be there on Monday btw? He looked like he wanted to be playing in Spain the way he fell over after getting breathed on a few times.

Masherano presents amassive opportunity for Liverpool fc. With the money they could easily improve their team but with the manager they have hired will that ever be fully realised.

Big mistake by Barcelona is they buy Masherano, Fabregas is the one they should hold out for, a far, far, better player than the overrated Argentinian.

In my opinion this Liverpool team is in the process of selling one of their remaining jewels. Maybe not one with the talent and skill of the much missed Xabi Alonso (who was WAY better than anyone gave credit for) but someone who at least gave that team some teeth.

Still gutted Madrid pipped us to him.

Masherano presents amassive opportunity for Liverpool fc. With the money they could easily improve their team but with the manager they have hired will that ever be fully realised.

Big mistake by Barcelona is they buy Masherano, Fabregas is the one they should hold out for, a far, far, better player than the overrated Argentinian.

Sorry to disagree again, but with Xavi and Iniesta I don't see how you can play Fabregas in the 11 as well? Busquets is the one I'd look to replace and Mascherano is the better player of those two.

Mascherano combined with Puyol and Pique will give them a seriously solid base to build their attacks from and the role is crucial to the way they play.

Love seeing Liverpool struggle though. Love seeing all those local scouse fans, who have no links with the City of Liverpool, suffer. :D

We'd all like to believe that Den but the trouble is they don't suffer all that much as their loyalties don't run deep enough.

West Ham sell Diamente

£4.2m loss in 12 months.

Assuming that they've actually paid for him.

Sorry to disagree again, but with Xavi and Iniesta I don't see how you can play Fabregas in the 11 as well? Busquets is the one I'd look to replace and Mascherano is the better player of those two.

Mascherano combined with Puyol and Pique will give them a seriously solid base to build their attacks from and the role is crucial to the way they play.

I completely disagree. Busquets/Mascherano as the holding player. Fabregas and Cesc in the centre. Villa and Iniesta on the wings and Ibra up top.

He would make the team ahead of Pedro, definitely.

Indeed. Liverpools Paul Dickov. Not the most gifted by a country mile but who makes the most of his abilities through sheer hard work. Fans will forgive a lot from a grafter.

I completely disagree. Busquets/Mascherano as the holding player. Fabregas and Cesc in the centre. Villa and Iniesta on the wings and Ibra up top.

He would make the team ahead of Pedro, definitely.

But they can't afford Cesc?

Iniesta is not a winger that's akin to playing Gerrard on the left, square peg round hole. Barca would have to change their whole system to accommodate Cesc and given its hardly broken, why would you want to do that.

Also I'm a little confused as you say you disagree and yet have Mascherano/Busquets down as the holding player?

Indeed. Liverpools Paul Dickov. Not the most gifted by a country mile but who makes the most of his abilities through sheer hard work. Fans will forgive a lot from a grafter.

And as soon as we started climbing the table and pushing for Europe where did Dickov find himself?

I disagreed that Fabregas wouldn't make the 11. Iniesta has played up top countless times (Semi vs Chelsea?). If he was English I would agree with you, but these guys can play in any position and excel.

They weren't desperate to sign him so they could keep him on the bench. I am sure of that.

And as soon as we started climbing the table and pushing for Europe where did Dickov find himself?

Dickov was approaching his mid 30's by then and he had to go cos we wanted to sign Bellamy. The one in one out rule at Ewood saw to that.

Dickov was approaching his mid 30's by then and he had to go cos we wanted to sign Bellamy. The one in one out rule at Ewood saw to that.

Dickov left a year after we signed Bellamy.

I wonder if Deryck Guylers Spoon knew that, or if he had forgotten it, like you have ;)

Archived