BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. Liverpools Paul Dickov. Not the most gifted by a country mile but who makes the most of his abilities through sheer hard work. Fans will forgive a lot from a grafter.

The ONLY difference being Dickov never took part in any Champions League- or World Cup finals...

Had Radio 5 on coming home from Ewood last night and Pougatch and Claridge were discussing how 'the likes of Blackburn and Bolton, love them or loath them' do a job at staying in the league and that is the limit of their ambition whereas at West Ham such an attitude is unacceptable.

West Ham fans 'demand more and in a certain style, Blackburn fans don't have such hangups.'

West Ham fans wont accept mid table mediocrity.

Firstly, the car nearly went off the road, secondly such patronising claptrap I would expect from talksport but the Beeb?!

What have West Ham achieved as a club in the last say 8 years, compared to ourselves, don't remember too many cup semi finals? or top 6 finishes? How much money have they spent compared to us?

The standard of sports journalism in this country is laughable.

Probably worth reading Mourinho's comments in full. He did not only talk about Hodgson's enormous challenges at Liverpool but about the Premier League title challenge in general. He clearly doesn't rate Arsenal.

Two cracking lines- It is very difficult work for Roy to do it with Liverpool as, over the last years, they have been getting worse, worse and worse.

and- One thing is certain, Benítez won’t do better than me at Inter. Another thing is also true that, should he lift the Intercontinental Cup, he will have only won two games compared to my 13. Therefore it will be my trophy and not his.

Got to love the guy (unless you are Benitez)!

...with that logic you have to blame Mourinho for every game Inter lose as well, since "it's his team and not Benitez". The man is such an arrogant tw*t it's unbelievable. I'm sure it's all a part of a plan to take flak away from the players and onto himself, but the man just really gets to me. I have still to support a team coached by Mourinho in any game after he left Porto...

I disagreed that Fabregas wouldn't make the 11. Iniesta has played up top countless times (Semi vs Chelsea?). If he was English I would agree with you, but these guys can play in any position and excel.

They weren't desperate to sign him so they could keep him on the bench. I am sure of that.

Iniesta does not play up top with the frequency you suggest and I do not for one second believe he can play anywhere and still play to the best of his ability.

Fabregas is a Barca boy and having him in the squad means that they can rotate people around without dropping the quality overall. If it was so easy to slot the 3 of them into a workable and balanced system as you suggest then I'm sure we would see all 3 starting for Spain, but we don't.

You'll also note that when all the rumours were flying round the one comment being banded around was why would he want to go to Barca and be on the bench, I am not alone in my thinking.

Sorry Bucky lets just agree to disagree on this one.

Had Radio 5 on coming home from Ewood last night and Pougatch and Claridge were discussing how 'the likes of Blackburn and Bolton, love them or loath them' do a job at staying in the league and that is the limit of their ambition whereas at West Ham such an attitude is unacceptable.

West Ham fans 'demand more and in a certain style, Blackburn fans don't have such hangups.'

West Ham fans wont accept mid table mediocrity.

Firstly, the car nearly went off the road, secondly such patronising claptrap I would expect from talksport but the Beeb?!

What have West Ham achieved as a club in the last say 8 years, compared to ourselves, don't remember too many cup semi finals? or top 6 finishes? How much money have they spent compared to us?

The standard of sports journalism in this country is laughable.

Missus keeps telling me once you’ve got a brain you tune to radio 5 and leave talk sport alone, which is basically the sun newspaper via radio........

So anyway I listen to talk sport...... :D and that ginger idiot Adrian Durham has to be the biggest p***k of them all, many times I’ve almost crashed the car, especially when he said anyone who doesn’t fill there grounds can’t be in the premiership, and followed it up soon after with "burnley always fill there ground" :angry:

But then again that’s why he gets paid, to shock and get people phoning in.

Interesting all this debate about Liverpool and how badly off they're going to be if Kuyt / Mascherano goes. Personally I think it's great that their squad is getting so thin that one or two players leaving could really derail their season.

Looking on the bbc website for the 2nd leg champs league qualifier tonight Liverpool seem to have a horrible injury list. Mascherano isn't going to play, Gerrard is injured, whilst Torres isn't deemed fit enough to do 3 games in a week. Add in the losses of Maxi and Skirtel and the team is beginning to look rather streched. I wonder if there's the possibility that Liverpool will drop out of europe already? 1-0 isn't a massive advantage to have. Here's hoping.

Why would he want to warm the Barca bench? Did you read this in a Spanish newspaper or a British one?

I was listening to a Spanish journalist on Five live from Marca, he said no way would they be spending 30m to leave him on the bench, and that Iniesta would be moved up top. If you google Iniesta on the wing you will find that he has played there many times, some even commentating that he plays better and is more dangerous there.

So you can disagree with me if you like, but you are wrong.

I will even go so far as to be you £100 that if Fabregas joins Barca he will start more games than not.

Why would he want to warm the Barca bench? Did you read this in a Spanish newspaper or a British one?

I was listening to a Spanish journalist on Five live from Marca, he said no way would they be spending 30m to leave him on the bench, and that Iniesta would be moved up top. If you google Iniesta on the wing you will find that he has played their many times, some even commentating that he plays better and is more dangerous there.

So you can disagree with me if you like, but you are wrong.

I will even go so far as to be you £100 that if Fabregas joins Barca he will start more games than not.

I'll take my contact over a Journalist any day.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Is Obina signing ? and is he an improvement on Diamanti for the hammers?

Totally different player... He's been hiding on Inter's bench the last year, but from what I've seen of the two Obinna is a tireless runner who doesn't score goals, while Diamanti is very much your classic number 10 "luxury player".

EDIT: Damn it, my grammar has been abysmal all day.

Fulham have bid accepted for Salcido according to a Dutch website. Probably means Konchesky is of to pool unfortunately.

Unfortunately? I think I know who's getting the better end of the deal there and it's not Liverpool.

I think I proved my connections to Spanish football when I told everyone about Raul and Guti.

What did your Journo tell you about that???

I think most people on here had already heard of Raul and Guti.

I will bring this up when he eventually joins Barca and doesn't end up on the bench.

I think most people on here had already heard of Raul and Guti.

I will bring this up when he eventually joins Barca and doesn't end up on the bench.

My link

My link

My link

You remember it all you like, the chances of him joining soon are very slim. And no-one told anyone on here about Raul and Guti being linked to us before me, way back in May/April.

Unfortunately? I think I know who's getting the better end of the deal there and it's not Liverpool.

Konchesky is a seriously good player and a Dutch fella on another board says of Salcido " he'd be a bad buy for us. Don't think he is very good and to quote "he's caused big problems in the changing room and PSV have been trying to get shot of him for 18 months".

Ha Ha...the scousers have really gone down the pan. Can you imagine them even considering Konchesky 2 years ago?...If I was a pool fan, I would be seriously worried.

Oh, I don't know...it wasn't that long ago that Liverpool's left back was Djimi Traore!

Archived