BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Absolutely shocked that Roy is letting Dalla Valle go, he is supposedly meant to be class.

Fulham were supposed to be after him in January when Hodgson was still around, so I guess it's more of Malcom Elias' idea than Hodgson's or Hughes'.

A decent prospect, but hasn't really played in the seniors anywhere yet, so it's impossible to tell if he's going to make it or not. Last year of his contract. Has been called to Finnish U21, and perhaps even to the senior team, but thinks (or his father thinks) he has a shot of making the Italy team one day (his father is from Italy), hence no national team appearances since U19.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree totally mate.My men tell me Inter have offered £2 million more than Barcelona,but Liverpool not willing to accept.

Liverpool & Rafa must have serious issues?.

I'd wager that Inter and Rafa will have serious issues before long too. :rolleyes:

I'd wait for the cheque to clear before letting him leave if I were Wigan. :unsure:

I was thinking he mustn't be all that if Roy is letting him leave, I've never seen him play though.

Do you know anything about Salcido?

I think he'll be a really good purchase for you. He gets forward really well. Maybe not the best defender in the world, but does his job, but he'll certainly handle the physical side. Nice price, nice deal. Typical Hughes signing.

Spurs after Ashley Young?

Are the vultures circling at Villa or are Spurs just doing there usual unsettling to see what floats to the surface?

They've been after him for a while. Question would have to be...where would he play? He's not getting ahead of Bale on the left and surely it is Lennon's job to lose on the right.

I'm not sure that Ashley Young is better than Lennon. Probably a bit more talented and more of a goal threat, but neither of them have the ability to consistently put a good ball into the box and Lennon is better at beating his man, which makes up for his poor delivery. Time and again you see Young with a bit of space and time to put in a cross and he'll either overhit it or he'll hit a defender who is 10 yards away that he should have easily avoided. He's the perfect MOTD player.

Woy's not gonna last too long with that standard of player........Does he know he's there to try to turn them into title contenders?

I think he's got to keep them from being midtable and mediocre first. He's got to arrest the decline.

I hate Konchesky.

I see Arteta and Capello are talking about him making himself available for England.

I believe there's a gentlemans agreement between the home nation FAs that prevents this sort of thing happening.

Magpies Clinch Ben Arfa Signing

After weeks of negotiations between Newcastle United and Olympique de Marseille, The Magpies have confirmed the signing of French international Hatem Ben Arfa.

The 23-year-old joins on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent transfer and will wear squad number 37 at St. James' Park.

I wish from the bottom of my heart that he flops.

Raul Meireles is an amazing player, great eye for goal, always hassling the opposition. A proper modern midfielder and at that price he is an excellent buy. Surprised United or other sides arent in for him. He would lift our side up if he was playing for us.

What does get to me with him is that he tries SO hard to be a big bad hard man with the shaved head and tattoos. One of those players you just love to see getting tackled.

Ouch,I have never been insulted as badly as that in all my life, where do you get your material from?I am surprised you haven't asked me where I gained my degree from.

I didn't ask you where you got your degree from because I thought you were still at school.

Wigan are fantastic. How do they do it?

Why?

Lets see the situation come January eh....We have played 3 teams from last seasons top 9 so far - hardly the worst start possible. :rolleyes:

Just the fact that they have both had miserable starts to the season and we've done reasonably well, and pretty good even, performance-wise.

It's not as though our fixtures have been much more difficult than either of them.

You are right of course, early days...

Archived