BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is Ferguson these days? Would anyone have him back at that price? He may be 31 but you can't buy so much with that money. I'm assuming he's past it - not watched him in a long time.

Tough one that, I'm still bitter about how he left us, and the cost to rovers financially. Added to which his antics for Scotland, and the fact he's got into bother with several rangers managers, makes me think he's not the best character to have around the dressing room. I'm not really sure he has the mental fortitude for the prem.

However, we need some quality midfielders, and 1.3 million is well within our price range. Can't see many other cms of his quality at that price. If Sam thinks he can keep him in line, reluctantly I'd go for it. In perspective I think he's a lower risk then Barton for example.

I still think fergie will be in for Young. He is a perfect player for their system and the man utd midfield isn't getting any younger.

But his only just bought Valencia and he plays that roll and they still have Nani and Giggs

But his only just bought Valencia and he plays that roll and they still have Nani and Giggs

Nani not good enough, giggs will only play a handfull of games again next season, because of his age. Young will be great for them on the left wing.

SSN-

Downing to Villa for £12m.

Excellent purchase, looks like the Young rumours could be true.......

Didn't Downing play quite a lot of his games in central midfield last year? I wonder if he could be a slightly unconventional Barry replacement...he'd certainly keep that left footed balance in the middle of midfield.

Even if he's coming as a winger, Villa only really have Milner and Young so they do need competition there. They'd be crazy to sell Young, he's invaluable to them.

Crouch or Berg I think.

I think Berg will have bigger fish to fry.

Nani not good enough, giggs will only play a handfull of games again next season, because of his age. Young will be great for them on the left wing.

Agree totally - Young would be a quality signing for them and would replace Ronaldo.

Hope he doesnt get all homesick, the wee numpty. That was his excuse for being so crap for us wasnt it?

what we would do for that £7.5M wasted on him, when weve spent big, we havent covered oursevles in glory have we, first kevin davies, then this fella, god knows who else <_<

This thread is getting more like a spud thread!

Anyway young kid in office is on spud forum and says that Young will be going to them and its Negredo they are getting not Huntelaar as he is off to Stutgart.

Looks like the Young deal will involve player/s going to Villa as well. He thinks it will be 2 of Bent/Bentley/Jenas/Huddlestone

Villa would be dangerous with Downing and Bentley supplying the likes of Carew/Heskey/Bent/Agbonlahor

Archived