BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to Young: I'll believe it when I see it. He'd have to be a complete fool to go to Spurs when he has it great already at Villa. He really should only be looking to leave if one of the top four, plus City were to come in for him. Even then, he should only go if he's guaranteed first team football.

Young's going to one of the big four if he's moving on anywhere.

That was my initial thought as I am sure he will leave Villa now they have Downing as both will want LW spot with WC coming up.

But who in Top 4 would want him?

Mancs have bought lefty already and have 2 or 3 other options there already

Chels have also bought a lefty and have loads of options on the left

Arsenal have Arshavin that plays out on the left and they would never spend that sort of cash on a player

Liverpool again have already got the left covered and after spending big on Johnson not sure they have that sort of cash

Even City with all their money couldn't reallt justify it :lol:

He will want to play all games with World Cup next summer and it could be that spuds could offer him that although not sure where that would leave Modric although he not natual wing and could play inside or off front man (who ever that maybe :lol: )

Where do spuds get all their money from? <_<

Mancs have bought lefty already and have 2 or 3 other options there already

Arsenal have Arshavin that plays out on the left and they would never spend that sort of cash on a player

Liverpool again have already got the left covered and after spending big on Johnson not sure they have that sort of cash

Man Utd: I'm not sure how he will use Valencia but utd have had a flexible midfield in recent years and could easily afford to have the right footed Young in the team.

Arsenal: Must spend on some quality or they won't finish top 4 next season. Rumours that Arshavin is very keen on a Barca move.

Liverpool: Had Babel playing the role last season and he is more of striker if you ask me. Gillett has sold his Ice Hockey team and has £330m to spend as he wishes.

Barca: Would like him and can afford him.

Liverpool clearly need Young the most. However, due to their financial problems, and taking into consideration the fact that he'd probably command a fee upwards of £20m, I think we can probably discount them.

United currently have Valencia, Obertain, Nani, Giggs, Park and Tosic to play on the wings. Granted, Giggs plays behind the striker or at CM mostly these days, but that still leaves four wingers in the first team squad at a minimum with Tosic pushing from the reserves. I cannot see them being in for him unless Nani is moved on.

Arsenal can't afford him, end of.

Chelsea are probably the most likely of the top four, but there hasn't even been the slightest hint of a rumour that they are interested.

Outside England, I reckon only Barca could spend that kinda money at the moment, but I think they have bigger fish to fry.

Young is not going anywhere.

Downing will give Villa options. We lost steam last year towards the end and teams double marked Young.

Young has played LW/RW/CM and striker for Villa. He will be our new Dwight Yorke!

United, Chelsea, Arsenal operate with a fluid midfield, I think that is what we are trying to do. (BTW I am not saying the Midfield at Villa is as good as those)

Downing will give Villa options. We lost steam last year towards the end and teams double marked Young.

Young has played LW/RW/CM and striker for Villa. He will be our new Dwight Yorke!

United, Chelsea, Arsenal operate with a fluid midfield, I think that is what we are trying to do. (BTW I am not saying the Midfield at Villa is as good as those)

Can't see that

Both Downing and Young will be after a LM spot in the England Squad for the WC and if one is playing there for Villa the other can probably say good bye to South Africa

Young will want 38 League games at LW/M next season and be in the England managers eye, he won't be gaurenteed that at any of the top 4 or City, Villa have now also got Downing so what other options has he really got. If the kid i=at my works is right and I guess they need a replacement for Barry then a deal involving either Jenas or Huddlestone or both may seem to good to say no to.

Where ever he goes he will want to be on the left and play most of the season there

Young is twice the player of Downing - Poor signing for them if you ask me - especially if he isnt ready until December.........Crazy!

Villa seem to think they are better than they actually are. They need to start searching for a new keeper, they need a top central defender and they also need to sign some good central midfielders.

I have to say, this was my immediate impression upon your signing Downing. No harm in having flexibility and options in midfield. I'd think it fair to say that a lack of numbers and flexibility in the attacking third of the team is what cost you toward the end of the season.

Can't see that

Both Downing and Young will be after a LM spot in the England Squad for the WC and if one is playing there for Villa the other can probably say good bye to South Africa

Young will want 38 League games at LW/M next season and be in the England managers eye, he won't be gaurenteed that at any of the top 4 or City, Villa have now also got Downing so what other options has he really got. If the kid i=at my works is right and I guess they need a replacement for Barry then a deal involving either Jenas or Huddlestone or both may seem to good to say no to.

Where ever he goes he will want to be on the left and play most of the season there

Young will play RW (he is right footed). He swaps during the games usually with Milner. Young will easily get the RW position in the World Cup squad (There is only SWP, Beckham, Lennon & Walcott to beat). Downing will get LW.

Young is twice the player of Downing - Poor signing for them if you ask me - especially if he isnt ready until December.........Crazy!

Villa seem to think they are better than they actually are. They need to start searching for a new keeper, they need a top central defender and they also need to sign some good central midfielders.

1) Downing will probably miss the 1st 7-8 league games (he is back in October)

2) Villa & Fans are naturally pessamistic. Spurs think they are better than they are, Newcastle etc. Villa are surely the opposite.

3) No keeper needed. Big Brad was Very good last season. Backed up by OPTA. Guzan is also a brilliant keeper in the making.

4) agree on central defender. Distin won't be good enough.

5) Centre Mid- Petrov, Reo-Coker, Gardner, Sidwell, Poss Delph, and Milner/Downing

Sorry to do bullet points. Not trying to be rude but just wanting to articulate a couple of points. No offence intended

I'd also add in that Villa need a right back. Young is ok, and Cullear (sp?) did a decent job there but should be trying to cement his place in the centre of defence.

Think Young will be off, although if I were Villa I wouldn't sell to any of my rivals from 4th- 7th place, especially Spurs or City. Besides which I think they can do better than Jenas or Huddlestone in centre mid.

• Backroom

Is anyone else looking forward to the first game of the season a whole lot less now?

We could potentially be facing a front line consisting of players that scored 9 goals against us last season plus our ex striker who will be out to prove a point.

Things could look ugly for us after one game, especially with our ugly neighbours having a much easier task at hand.

Not at all! Bring city on.

Think it's a good time to play them, they've not had long to gel and will be hugely overconfident.

Also their team is looking as unbalanced as it it talented. I doubt they'll look all that when they're having to defend, and Givet, Samba, Nelsen and Emerton (our best back 4 imo) is not an easy back line to get past - especially if Robbo continues the form he ended last season in.

Not at all! Bring city on.

Think it's a good time to play them, they've not had long to gel and will be hugely overconfident.

Also their team is looking as unbalanced as it it talented. I doubt they'll look all that when they're having to defend, and Givet, Samba, Nelsen and Emerton (our best back 4 imo) is not an easy back line to get past - especially if Robbo continues the form he ended last season in.

Can see the Headlines now after we beat them .....

HUGHES OUT! :lol:

Young will be going nowhere. Martin O'Neill has come out tonight and stated that.

I think we will see James Milner employed more as a central midfielder next season, or Young behind the strikers or up top himself.

Ashley Young is the next Dwight Yorke in the making. It would take a bid of £30m to get Villa remotely interested in selling him.

Downing will prove to be a fantastic signing for the Villa.

Ashley Young is the next Dwight Yorke in the making. It would take a bid of £30m to get Villa remotely interested in selling him.

Young will get found out as the diver he is before long and when the referees 'union' suss him they will ignore his diving antics and his effectiveness will diminish greatly.

Archived