BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

We'll see.... ;)

I don't think there is much doubting his ability I just have a feeling he'll be elsewhere come the end of this window.

And the fact that MON has made a statement I think only probably adds to that. Didn't he say that no one has made an enquiry about him, Jesus certainly don't believe that.

Much along the lines I don't believe SAF saying manu have finished for the window

Guess time will tell but I'd be more worried after that staement than I was before if I was you.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't Huntelaar going to Stuttgart?

After listerning to Graham Hunter tonight it would seem spuds in in poll position something to do with money owed to Ajax out the deal and the Germans not being able to afford that whereas spuds could

But then he also said they were in for Negredo as well another Madrid striker

He also said every spud striker could be for sale!

Never boring down there is it

I don't think there is much doubting his ability I just have a feeling he'll be elsewhere come the end of this window.

And the fact that MON has made a statement I think only probably adds to that. Didn't he say that no one has made an enquiry about him, Jesus certainly don't believe that.

Much along the lines I don't believe SAF saying manu have finished for the window

Guess time will tell but I'd be more worried after that staement than I was before if I was you.

He was asked the question from one of our club reporters and answered it, hardly a statement. Youngy will be with us for another season at least. We showed how hard we can play with Gareth last season.

As for the poster who thinks Young will be caught out next season because of his 'diving' - fair play. But if I weighed 6 stone, I'd fall over like that too. Wouldn't mean I couldn't cross a ball effectively though :P Or make a turd of your RB :P Or not be able to shoot :P Or not take a free kick :P Or not take a corner :P

The boy is class. We should all be hoping he has a great season next year and gets on to that plane to SA on form. If there are 2-3 better English wingers than him in the Premiership, we are blessed!

He was asked the question from one of our club reporters and answered it, hardly a statement. Youngy will be with us for another season at least. We showed how hard we can play with Gareth last season.

As for the poster who thinks Young will be caught out next season because of his 'diving' - fair play. But if I weighed 6 stone, I'd fall over like that too. Wouldn't mean I couldn't cross a ball effectively though :P Or make a turd of your RB :P Or not be able to shoot :P Or not take a free kick :P Or not take a corner

The boy is class. We should all be hoping he has a great season next year and gets on to that plane to SA on form. If there are 2-3 better English wingers than him in the Premiership, we are blessed!

Yet with Ashley Young being able to do all that, you still managed to f**k up your Champions League dream :lol:

Yet with Ashley Young being able to do all that, you still managed to f**k up your Champions League dream :lol:

We were in the mix, that's all you can ask.

Laursen was the blow, and general fatigue.

We'll try again! Though I think it's all about Manchester City this season.

I'm sure Spurs fans tell themselves the same each and every season as they watch their neighbours play in the Camp Nou, San Siro and other top european grounds as they venture off to play in an old Cold War military stadium on a cold and wet Thursday night ^_^

Laursen was the blow, and general fatigue.

We'll try again! Though I think it's all about Manchester City this season.

Surely fatigue was the manager's fault for not having a big enough squad to cope with the number of games you had to play! If you want to play with the big boys nowadays you have to be able to match them in terms of strength and depth of squad. In fact, if you want to know how successful a team will be you should look at the 7 on the bench and the other 3 or 4 who could have been there rather than just the 11 on the pitch.

Assuming Randy Lerner is willing to put his normal injection in, Villa should be handilly placed provided the rest of Mo'N's summer signings aren't starting the season in a rest home for the disabled. Presumably Downing's scans etc are truly bionic to have paid £12m for a guy so far away from full fitness.

The puzzle for me are Pompey. Plenty of rumours that the sale of the club is complete so why have they accepted the bid for Crouch? Doesn't seem to stack up.

Spurs taking the Sheff U two for CASH is great news for Rovers. Everton hobbled, Spurs again have to sell to buy and presumably now have much higher priorities than unsettling Rovers' defenders.

Meantime, City continue to cause paralysis throughout the transfer market in England.

The last minute clear outs of players from bloated squads/ financially damaged clubs is undoubtedly where/when the value will lie in this window (if there is any such thing these days).

I sincerely hope Rovers still have not bought anyone by the time 15 August comes round.

Walking into work this morning I was astonished to see an enormous sky blue sign at the bottom of Deansgate with Welcome to Manchester and an image of Tevez on it (bas relief?). Wonder what all the other big signings think...

Saw that myself, upset a few united fans at work, very amusing.

Photo

Pompey fans should be VERY worried right now. Over the past year they've sold Diarra, Defoe and Johnson; they've lost Davies on a free, Crouch is on his way out, Distin should be following him soon and I'm pretty sure that Sol Campbell isn't going to be at the club next season either.

Essentially, that leaves them with David James and Niko Kranjcar as the only good Premier League footballers in that starting X1, with Mokoena their only summer signing to date. Unless this takeover occurs very quickly, then they just aren't going to have the time to rebuild the squad, a squad that has been absolutely decimated by the current firesale that is taking place and I don't think that Paul Hart has what it takes to save them this time.

Other teams I'd expect down near the foot of the table: Wigan (who are replacing their best players with Chmpionship fodder), Hull (who just cannot seem to attract the right standard of player), the newly promoted teams (although I think Big Club will be OK) and Stoke and Bolton (who I also think will be OK).

So, it would be three from Burnley, Wolves, Portsmouth, Wigan and Hull for me, if I were to guess now, of course.

Hull - look very weak - but for their superb start last season they would of gone down - they had Manucho on loan who they havent kept and they havent signed anyone yet have they? They seem to be having big problems in attracting players.

Stoke - Wont win as many homes games this time - again lack of strengthening so far.

Bolton - Only Davis & Robinson (west brom) in so far, soon to be followed by some young Korean. Also after more championship players

Brum - It could work (Ferguson & Benitez), or they could be awful.

Burnley - Again, need a top class striker and probably a good midfielder too to stand any chance of staying up

Pompey - Takeover needed soon or they will be playing their youth team + mokoena & James at this rate.

Wigan - Again, it could work or it could all go horribly wrong - Be linked with championship players, lost Valencia, Zaki, Mido & Cattermole still being chased by Sunderland....Could be a suprise package in the bottom 6.

Pretty sure Stoke have some hefty financial backing. That couple with their home support could see them improve on last season.

Surely they need some new faces though? Otherwise they wont improve. People will soon get used to playing them at their place and all of a sudden they will start to lose a few more at home. Teams will go their next season and play much more physical.

Manchester United have today signed Molde FK's (Norway) senegalese striker Mame Biriam Diouf. The fee is undisclosed and Mame Biriam Diouf will join up with the United squad in January 2010.

Until then he will be loaned out for the rest of the season to Molde FK.

150.jpg

Surely they need some new faces though? Otherwise they wont improve. People will soon get used to playing them at their place and all of a sudden they will start to lose a few more at home. Teams will go their next season and play much more physical.

I agree, they need to significantly strengthen. Teams will have a far better idea of how to play against them next season. They could quite easily be a team to suffer from 'second season syndrome'.

I agree, they need to significantly strengthen. Teams will have a far better idea of how to play against them next season. They could quite easily be a team to suffer from 'second season syndrome'.

Spot On!

They are in real trouble tihs season i think!

Spot On!

They are in real trouble tihs season i think!

But they do have in the region of 20 million allegedly to spend. whether that's true or not their chairman did say there was money so expect them to buy before the season starts.

But they do have in the region of 20 million allegedly to spend. whether that's true or not their chairman did say there was money so expect them to buy before the season starts.

No one of real quality will go though. An unfortunate by-product of the brand of football they play.

Archived