BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

No one of real quality will go though. An unfortunate by-product of the brand of football they play.

I think its more of a fact that they are not yet an established premier league side and next season you could quite easily find yourself in the championship. Hull seem to be having the same problem and they dont play route 1 & aggressive football.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one of real quality will go though. An unfortunate by-product of the brand of football they play.

They don't need real quality, just good enough to keep them ahead of the bottom 3. That way with 2 years in the prem and still money to spend as Peter Coates is well off and prepared to spend, they'll stand more chance of bringing decent players in next season.

Saw that myself, upset a few united fans at work, very amusing.

Photo

haha I like that :P

just waiting for the united fans to start givin it a

"he's sh*t anyway!"

"Owen is ten times the player tevez is"

and the old "he's only gone for the money"

When it turns out united offered him a mega deal that would of made him one of the highest earners in the league....apparently

As for the poster who thinks Young will be caught out next season because of his 'diving' - fair play. But if I weighed 6 stone, I'd fall over like that too.

Fall over!!?? :lol:

No matter what a player weighs a foul has to have been committed. You need to understand the basics MV.

Anybody who reckons to like football must agree that diving in order to gain advantage needs to be punished much more than it is. End of.

haha I like that :P

just waiting for the united fans to start givin it a

"he's sh*t anyway!"

"Owen is ten times the player tevez is"

and the old "he's only gone for the money"

When it turns out united offered him a mega deal that would of made him one of the highest earners in the league....apparently

Had them this morning.

Fall over!!?? :lol:

No matter what a player weighs a foul has to have been committed. You need to understand the basics MV.

Anybody who reckons to like football must agree that diving in order to gain advantage needs to be punished much more than it is. End of.

I actually agree with you. He does go down too easily, but Young is that good a player that when he stops getting the free kicks he will adjust his game.

Honestly ,this Young can be as good as he wants to be. He is a superb player and will get better each season.

My only issue is I think this will be his last season with Villa. He will go to United, Barca or similar next summer. That is how good he is!

I actually agree with you. He does go down too easily, but Young is that good a player that when he stops getting the free kicks he will adjust his game.

Honestly ,this Young can be as good as he wants to be. He is a superb player and will get better each season.

My only issue is I think this will be his last season with Villa. He will go to United, Barca or similar next summer. That is how good he is!

He isn't that good. Good enough for a club that is challenging for the 4th Champions League Spot, no where good enough for the likes of Barcelona.

He isn't that good. Good enough for a club that is challenging for the 4th Champions League Spot, no where good enough for the likes of Barcelona.

Don't you just love opinions!

Already been linked a couple of months ago.... Google Ashley Young and Barcelona.

Very much on the radar if he continues to develop

It's what good young players do!

He could walk into Liverpool and United's teams now.

Opinions are what makes this game so fun...would be dull if we all thought the same. So we'' have to see what he is like next season.

I am losing track of who supports who on here!

Surely Villa supporters would want Young to develop into a world beater for them and not "walk into" other clubs' teams?

At the moment, Young on his own is manageable by any well set-up competent PL club and that is not world class yet. He shows promising signs, no doubt, but any player as reliant on pace as he is will always be a block tackle away from history.

Nigeria players to be age-tested

By Oluwashina Okeleji

BBC Sport, Lagos

Nigerian players taking part in the Under-17 World Cup will be subjected to MRI bone scans to determine their ages.

Accusations of age cheating have blighted Nigeria's success at international age group tournaments in recent years.

But Sani Lulu Abdullahi, president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), is confident the MRI test will bring to an end such accusations.

"We will use the MRI bone confirmation tests introduced by Fifa," Lulu told BBC Sport on Tuesday.

"This is important as we want to be sure that we do it correctly and that players who represent Nigeria at underage competitions are actually the ages they claim to be."

Nigeria have won the Fifa Under-17 World Cup three times - 1985, 1993 and 2007 - but fans and media alike have long questioned the ages of some of the player representing the country.

The Golden Eaglets, as Nigeria's under-17 team is known, will be playing in their own backyard in October as they this year's World Cup.

Lulu insists the present squad under John Obuh will be the first set of Eaglets to undergo MRI scans.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8150224.stm

A few stories from Sky Sports this morning.

As I stressed before not to believe the rumours that RFW won't be signing anyone else, he already has and used the reason that, 'Other clubs had made bids so we had to act now'

Mame Biram Diouf heads to Old Trafford

Barry Ferguson passes his medical, wonder how long till he misses sunny Scotland.

Citeh wan't Lescott and have reportedly made a 15m bid

11.21 Sky Sports News understands that Manchester City have tabled a £15million bid for Everton defender Joleon Lescott.

Will Everton sell though? £15m is too low, but if its get to £20m or more then surely they have to seriously consider it?!

Manchester United have today signed Molde FK's (Norway) senegalese striker Mame Biriam Diouf. The fee is undisclosed and Mame Biriam Diouf will join up with the United squad in January 2010.

Until then he will be loaned out for the rest of the season to Molde FK.

150.jpg

And here I was thinking Manchester United really weren't gonna sign any more players this summer... <_<:rolleyes:

I think we can expect a bid for Samba?

The price has to be 20 million, which should hopefully end it there.

If Lescott is worth £20m, then so too is Samba - Simples......

Otherwise keep your money!

£18 million plus Bellamy. ;) Though wages would be unreasonable. :(

At least £25 million if no player is included in exchange.

He's a very important player, so a very high price must be asked for.

Transfer Window continues on hold.

City to continue spending until Hughes is happy with the squad- so no pressure there then Sparky.

Anybody who wants to see their lunch again should read the bit where Cook thinks City will be universally seen as "the darlings of world football".

Well, they can be the darlings of world football if they want but I, for one will still hate them. Interestingly enough, a City fan was telling me today he doesn't mind their trying to sign the really big figures in world football and getting knocked back but he hates the fact thye are paying over the odds for decentish players. And he still wants Hughes out because he doesn't think he can handle the big players or get them to work hard enough for the team.

SPL sign broadcast deal for £65m per year... and Rantic Celgers are a bit miffed about it.

£65m is what the Premier League's 19th and 20th placed clubs receive between them.

Or putting it another way, less than 3% the size of the EPL's media deal each year.

Archived