BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Signing Adebayor puts a lot of pressure on RSC. I wonder if his deal is index linked to the signings that have come into the club on massive money and the alleged pay packets ?

he is the second player to come out with

'the ambition is to be the best in the world'

The money has definately gone to their heads

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thinking about City's spending power and their signings so far must be heaven for their fans, I know we were all pleased and gobsmacked when JW did it at Ewood.

Our plan at that time was to get into the top flight, stay there and ultimate try our best to win it. A 4-5 year plan was put in place, we however won the league after two years of solid progression.

Compare our dream to that of City and their fans.

Most of their fans expect silverware this season just based upon their signings, the realists think maybe 2 years and they will be the top team in England, the optimists think thats it, the treble is on this season.

City's ambition statement seems to be that they aim to be number 1 in the land within 4-5 years. IMO thats a sadly laughable ambition.

City are going to take 5 years or more to establish themselves as Englands number 1 club, and thats if they can upset Chelsea, Liverpool, Manure and Arsenal. Although I know they will undoubtedly make a token challenge and get results, I still dont see them becoming number 1.

City's european ambitons appear pie in the sky. How they think they can just waltz into the Champions League and win it beggars belief. There is no way on Gods earth they will be fighting with Barca, R Madrid, Inter, AC and the likes. Just to establish themselves in Europe is going to be a 10 year project alone.

Maybe someone can quote me on this one, but isnt the oil in the Middle East and Arab republic going to dry out within 10 years ? It may run dry just as City's ambtions were about to come true :P

How ironic would that be :P:P

From The Sunday Times July 18, 2009

Football round-up: Spurs bid for Ashley Young fails

Redknapp bid not enough to poach Aston Villa player

ASTON VILLA have rejected an opening £18million offer from Tottenham for Ashley Young, as it is nowhere near their £30m valuation of the player.

Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham manager, has made Young his No 1 transfer priority. But the club’s chairman, Daniel Levy, is reluctant to pay more than £25m, which may open the door for Liverpool, who are expected to enter the bidding. It is believed that the Stevenage-born winger is keen to return south and has told friends he would jump at the chance to move to White Hart Lane.

Redknapp broke away from Tottenham’s pre-season preparations last week to meet Real Madrid striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar’s representatives, with Tottenham ready to pay £18m for the Dutchman. Redknapp told them the club is prepared to make Huntelaar their highest-paid player.

I can't help but think that Spurs are unbelievably arrogant going for Villa's top player, a club who finished above them in the league, who are heavily backed financially and who have made it into Europe two seasons running. Why would Young want to take a step backward by joining them?

I can't help but think that Spurs are unbelievably arrogant going for Villa's top player, a club who finished above them in the league, who are heavily backed financially and who have made it into Europe two seasons running. Why would Young want to take a step backward by joining them?

Think in the pecking order order spuds and still bigger than Villa, didn't spuds make europe the 3 or 4 season prior to that and only just missed out on Europe on the last day after their awful start?

They always seem to have boat loads of money every transfer window and I know doubt will spend big again this Summer, I expect like everyone else they are waiting for City to stop so the market gets back to a more realistic level (if that is possible in football).

See Everton have now put a £30m price tag on Lescot :lol:

Think in the pecking order order spuds and still bigger than Villa, didn't spuds make europe the 3 or 4 season prior to that and only just missed out on Europe on the last day after their awful start?

They always seem to have boat loads of money every transfer window and I know doubt will spend big again this Summer, I expect like everyone else they are waiting for City to stop so the market gets back to a more realistic level (if that is possible in football).

See Everton have now put a £30m price tag on Lescot :lol:

Its a topsy turvey world when a team that only wins the odd league cup is 'bigger' than one that has won the European Cup. Spurs are an occaisional cup team wheras Villa are one that is seeking to break into the top 4, and can win the odd cup. Spurs are arrogant cockney winkers.

Its a topsy turvey world when a team that only wins the odd league cup is 'bigger' than one that has won the European Cup. Spurs are an occaisional cup team wheras Villa are one that is seeking to break into the top 4, and can win the odd cup. Spurs are arrogant cockney winkers.

smack on

John Arne Riise's younger brother. Plays on the Norwegian national team as right-winger. A decent player, but I don't think he is good enough to play in the EPL.

The price is said to be around £2m.

I've always admired Beckham and he has to be one of my favourite non Rovers of modern times, especially after the service he gave England,

BUT

IF he ends up going to Spuds he leaves me with little choice but to construct a voodoo doll of him and pluck every limb from his body.

Why do people want to play for that joke of a club????

About Chanakh:

"With my agent, we have agreed terms with several English clubs that are keen to sign me. They are just waiting for my decision.

Saying he is done negotiation his wage ?

--------------------

Not going to Spurs apparently: 13.23 Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has agreed to join Stuttgart from Real Madrid despite being linked with two Premier League sides, according to reports in Germany.

My guesses are:

Sunderland (Crouch)

Spurs (Negredo

Us (Chamakh)

Archived