BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sky Sports says they only expect him to be out for two - three months. Surely that can't be the case after suffering a broken leg?

Could well mean a January return though once he's back training and reached match fitness. Don't think it's a huge loss to Arsenal though, he was perhaps one of there better midfielders but still has a long way to go.

Some of their 'youngsters with potential' need to start turning that into ability in the present and step up a bit, Vela seems to have been highly rated for a while so could be now or never for him this year.

It may give Wenger the kick up the ass to sign someone though now he has the Adebayor money and injuries to contend with.

Paul Hart released SWP at Nottingham Forest academy for being too small. (Hart now claims that he let SWP go because of the player's travelling issues - but SWP has a different story).

And he signed Moko. Speaks volumes.

They were certainly the most boring team to watch by far in the latter stages of the season, that includes us and stoke so thats saying something, losing key players, a takeover that isnt really putting loads into the club and paul hart as manager.

I think they have to be considered as one team that should be well below us next season.

Well i think its city that are looking for centre backs, Hangelaand was rumoured and lescott, and today there are reports of everton looking at turner too, lescott overpriced imo.

I suppose that one will roll more when terry stops admiring his offers and rejects city.

Out of interest ffan, who has been linked with Hangelaand recently?

No one really but if Lescott goes to City I'd expect everton to register an interest. If City don't get Lescott, Toure or Terry I'd expect them to buy Hangeland. I could see Arsenal and Villa also coming in for him. He may even go abroad.

Is he any good Alexanders? I read he is hard working.

Very hardworking, always gives 100%. Has decent technique and a good shot. Also good at freekicks, but not as good as his brother John Arne.

I am not completely sure if he will be very good in the EPL, but he is a decent squad member.

Debatable but I think Turner has more potential. Turner also has age on his side.

Id agree with that too.

Interesting to see Hart saying that staying up is Pompey's target this season, and not to expect any £20m signings - I think they will go down.

Nail hit on head. Would be disappointed to lose Hangeland, haven't seen enough of Turner to know if he is any good?

I knew as soon as I saw Turner play in the CCC, battling relegation that he'd one day become an England regular and I still believe that now.

He's solid and I've only ever seen one player get the better of him - strangely enough that was Barry Hayles, but he combined with Ebanks-Blake to get by him and Plymouth were always a Hull City bogey team.

Liverpool had to rugby tackle him twice to comeback from 2-0 down at anfield to salvage a draw.

Turner is a BIG threat from corners too. I see him replacing John Terry in the England set-up in the future. He's WAY better than Matthew Upson. In fact Turner out-jumped Upson to head in the winning goal for Hull City against West Ham this season.

Archived