BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

I don't know TCJ. £8m (-£4m for Zamora) is quite a bit for a defender. Having said that if I was Hull I would be demanding silly money for their best CB. Same as if anyone came in for Samba.

Oooooh, I misread the original post - I thought it said Turner + £4m for Zamora!

I suppose that deal makes more sense, but I still find it very odd that they're willing to shift their best players only to bring in the dregs of the Premier League with the money.

You lookat Hull's squad and you really have to fancy them to finish in the bottom five again next season. In fact, their squad has relegation written all over it.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know TCJ. £8m (-£4m for Zamora) is quite a bit for a defender. Having said that if I was Hull I would be demanding silly money for their best CB. Same as if anyone came in for Samba.

Is it not 4 million + Zamora?

Sorry that is what I meant just explained it badly. The reported deal is £8m total. £4m cash and £4m value of Zamora.

I think your doing well to get a value of £4m for Zamora and even better to weaken Hull so much for £4m cash. Better spend than on Greening! and you'll still have some cash left to buy Andrews at £3m!!!

Id agree with that too.

Interesting to see Hart saying that staying up is Pompey's target this season, and not to expect any £20m signings - I think they will go down.

I agree. Not the type of stuff Pompey should be saying, even if (as everyone knows) they are financially stuffed. They are an established premiership team, recently won the FA Cup, still have some good players, and my word there are some shocking teams - on paper - in the prem, so even in their situation to say staying up is an achievement, is only going to weaken moral of the team and fans even further. It seems a low standard even for their situation.

If he's meant to be rated at £8 million should it not be £10 million plus Zamora?

Fulham vs Vetra in the Europa...Rovers played Vetra didn't ye? Are they good?

Was suppose to see Fulham next Thursday close from home but Finnish side HJK really blew it. My friend is probably only Fulham supporter in Finland and is very disappointed. But winning in Helsinki doesn´t make Vetra good team. Fulham will have no problem with them.

Was suppose to see Fulham next Thursday close from home but Finnish side HJK really blew it. My friend is probably only Fulham supporter in Finland and is very disappointed. But winning in Helsinki doesn´t make Vetra good team. Fulham will have no problem with them.

Cheers.

(btw is your friend called johan?)

ffan, you'll be glad to hear i actually have a few friends over here who are fulham fans.

they all love football, but only really knew about the big 4, because that's usually all that gets on the tv over here.

couldn't get them to like rovers, probably due to a combination of wanting to pick their own team, and the fact that i beat them constantly with rovers on the playstation.

but i wouldn't let them support any of the big 4 for obvious reasons.

anyway, several of em ended up with fulham because of dempsey or other americans on the team.

Absolutely not! Swedish name.. :D

The only reason I ask is because there was a fella called Johan who lived near Helsinki and was saying how much he was looking forward to see Fulham play his team :D

ffan, you'll be glad to hear i actually have a few friends over here who are fulham fans.

they all love football, but only really knew about the big 4, because that's usually all that gets on the tv over here.

couldn't get them to like rovers, probably due to a combination of wanting to pick their own team, and the fact that i beat them constantly with rovers on the playstation.

but i wouldn't let them support any of the big 4 for obvious reasons.

anyway, several of em ended up with fulham because of dempsey or other americans on the team.

:lol:

Just tell them to stay away from the official Fulham board...truly awful place... :rolleyes:

ffan, I went away to Vetra when we played there. Had an 'interesting' bus journey from Poland as I booked flights before Vetra knocked Legia Warsaw out. We were all convinced that Legia would win and wanted to take advantage of the cheap tickets lol.

Fantastic trip, one of the best. If you get the chance go. for clubs of our size its important to enjoy Europe when you can.

ffan, I went away to Vetra when we played there. Had an 'interesting' bus journey from Poland as I booked flights before Vetra knocked Legia Warsaw out. We were all convinced that Legia would win and wanted to take advantage of the cheap tickets lol.

Fantastic trip, one of the best. If you get the chance go. for clubs of our size its important to enjoy Europe when you can.

:lol: Sounds like you had a good adventure.

I won't be going next week but will be for the group stages presuming we get there.

Archived