BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stevie G acquitted!!

I am truly shocked, he must have the same defense team as Doddy!

Pointless us trying to fight off the imposition of Sharia law over English law in this country when all the muslim representation have to do is mention 'Scouse Law' and claim discrimination. :rolleyes:

Anyone watching the Wembley tournament thing on Sky? The 'reporter' prompted Redknapp to talk about his interest in several players, AGAIN - I do wish somebody would bring him up on that. Clearly the questions were agreed upon beforehand - must be nice being mates with all the media guys.

Anyone watching the Wembley tournament thing on Sky? The 'reporter' prompted Redknapp to talk about his interest in several players, AGAIN - I do wish somebody would bring him up on that. Clearly the questions were agreed upon beforehand - must be nice being mates with all the media guys.

We have Nicko. Don't we?

Redknapp drives me crazy, he really does. How Hugehs can be acused of 'tapping up' when 'Arry goes around blurting out names left, right and centre, I don't know.

Reporter: 'Can you confirm your interest in player X?'

'Arry: 'I like player X, I think he's a great player who would really fit into our team well. I want to buy him... But he's a club X player, so we can't talk about that one'.

This routine happens every other bloody week and has been for years. Why can he get away with it but nobody else?

Personally think Harry is pretty smart the way he goes about things. I'd put money on Crouch signing for Spurs, and at a lot lower price than some that have been banded about!

Lot of talk at the match yesterday about Samba going to City, lets hope it's just rumours. To be honest he's bloody brilliant for us, but with the cash they have you'd expect them to sign the very best.

I know this may sound a bit crazy, but, I think that if Samba was to leave to city for a big fee (15m+). I think it would probably leave us in a stronger position than what we are now. It would be fair to assume that if Samba left out CB pairing would be Nelsen + Givet. Which is still a very strong defence. However, with the money recieved - we could use it to buy 2 excellent Midfielders, when you include the money that should be left over from the signing of a decent priced striker.

Or am I just talking crazy? Hmmm. It's a tough one, I suppose it depends on what midfielders we could get.

So you think Samba is worth more to the team than two creative midfielders? Lets say Bentley and Tuncay for arguments sake?

Trouble is, if we sell we don't or can't spend the money. Therefore we don't improve. Isn't it bad enough we have Santa Cruz and Derbs to replace??

We now need to keep our best players - unless we can get some kind of exchange that works in our favour (of the like of Eto'o and Ibra).

• Backroom

To be honest all managers do it, I remember Big Sam saying in an interview a month or so back he would take Crouch if he could, same difference only sadly Spurs are more likely to get their targets.

If we're using hypothetical situations then of course selling Samba and gaining 2 top class midfielders which guaranteed us success would be brilliant BUT we've got to be realistic. When has that ever happened at Blackburn Rovers in the past when we've sold players for big fortunes.

In my own opinion. I'd rather keep our best players, get rid of the dead wood and replace them with players who will improve the squad.

Redknapp drives me crazy, he really does. How Hugehs can be acused of 'tapping up' when 'Arry goes around blurting out names left, right and centre, I don't know.

Reporter: 'Can you confirm your interest in player X?'

'Arry: 'I like player X, I think he's a great player who would really fit into our team well. I want to buy him... But he's a club X player, so we can't talk about that one'.

This routine happens every other bloody week and has been for years. Why can he get away with it but nobody else?

I see he came and said he admires Fabien Delph after the Celtic game today.

Delph

So you think Samba is worth more to the team than two creative midfielders? Lets say Bentley and Tuncay for arguments sake?

Not those two but we wouldn't buy those two would we? I'm all for BRFC surviving and prospering by finding and signing the likes of RSC / Bentley / samba and selling em on for big money when the time is right at the moment we've just sold RSC so must have a comfortable financial position. I've a feeling that the time to sell Big Chris is next summer when a year under Sam will show other people his quality as a defender AND his value as a battering ram attacker for the last 20 minutes if we need a goal. We've seen what he can do in both positions and taken in context he is very valuable to any team. A change of attacking emphasis is better than a change of personnel at that stage of a match.

Archived