BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How could Friedel do this to us I still don't understand. Chelsea fans are gonna take the pi**.

If Brad was Chelseas keeper and they just appointed Paul Ince as their new manager I think Brad would still have jumped ship, John "No comment for a few weeks, I'll get an improved contract out of this yet, the silence is deafening" Terry the same. Hope this helps.

Lescott and Toure now the Man City targets with rumours they might go for Upson who has been a long time target for Spurs.

Any more knockbacks for City and it will be time to worry about big Chris.

If City get Upson, be concerned about where Spurs will look next whilst who knows what Arsene will do if Toure goes to Eastlands?

7.29 According to reports in a few of Monday's newspapers, Manchester City are closing in on the signing of Arsenal defender Kolo Toure following John Terry's decision to stay at Chelsea. A fee for Toure is mooted at anywhere between £10million and £15million.

Crouch signs for Spurs.

Looks like Bent is now able to join Sunderland, wonder were Jones is going to go....

But I thought Harry said he probably couldn't afford him??

What???? Harry lied!!!! Oh my god what is the football world coming to when you can't take Harry Redknapps word anymore. Really am shocked at this one :rock:

Harry really is a tool.

There seems to be no strategy/plan on the players he signs. Plus his public admiration for players gets a bit too much.

Sherwood suggested that Vieira would be a good addition so there arry goes trying to sign him.

Harry really is a tool.

There seems to be no strategy/plan on the players he signs. Plus his public admiration for players gets a bit too much.

Sherwood suggested that Vieira would be a good addition so there arry goes trying to sign him.

I don't know why he's so popular with the media, probably because he's happy to leak all the stories to them to print, saving him a phone call.

• Backroom

Terry isn't exactly staying at chelsea for the love of the club though is he? I'm sure he struggles to live on his 100k a week.

The Friedel / Terry situations aren't really comparable to me, plus Terry seemed very keen to brown nose the City money men maybe for a future payday.

Friedel would of happily seen his career out at ewood, but he was shoved by Ince

To be honest by running away for a bit pedigree chum he has saved us the difficulty of having to put him down - it would have been difficult. Like that puppy dog Jansen all over again.

As in all of these situations, if Terry had no desire to leave Chelsea and no hidden agenda (i.e not looking to squeeze more money out of Chelsea through a new contract) then he would have come out and quashed the rumours as soon as they started. That's all it needs - a quick statement to the press: 'I want to stay at Chelsea and do not want to move to Man City, or anybody else for that matter. That will remain the case until the window shuts'.

To be honest by running away for a bit pedigree chum he has saved us the difficulty of having to put him down - it would have been difficult. Like that puppy dog Jansen all over again.

I agree - we also replaced him with a much younger model with at least 8 or 9 years to play at the top level.

Archived