BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Significant off-field news at Arsenal, Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith is selling her 15% of the shares to a pal of Usmanov. That makes a bid by Usmanov's Red and White Football to take control highly likely if true. This could have a lot to do with the current Arsenal Directors sitting on the £44m from $ity.

Liverpool apparently closer to signing the Roma midfielder. If as seems likely Alonso goes, looks likely that Turner from Hull and Catermole from Wigan will be their other targets which I would say will probably strengthen them overall as Prem challengers although weakens them in Europe- but they do still look short of numbers upfront.

Pompey apparently about to sell Nugent to Reading so the exodus from Fratton continues.

Surprising news that from Arsenal. I wonder why Kroenke hasn't bid for the shares.

Which midfielder is that from Roma, Philip?

Would Pompey even have a striker on the books were Nugent to be sold?!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surprising news that from Arsenal. I wonder why Kroenke hasn't bid for the shares.

Which midfielder is that from Roma, Philip?

Would Pompey even have a striker on the books were Nugent to be sold?!

Alberto Aquilani close to Liverpool deal, Roma desperate for cash.

I think Usmanov has shown he has deeper pockets and greater desire than Kroenke who is probably now just waiting to show a nice profit on his Arsenal shareholding.

Arsenal's injury worries have not eased with news that Rosicky had problems after 45 minutes of pre-season friendly against Brentford.

Pompey- who knows but the new buyer hasn't completed the purchase yet so they have to carry on shedding to sort out today's problems, not resolve tomorrow's team sheet.

Hadjuk Split probably turned Pompey away not because of a fairly normal three year payment period but because they took one look at Pompey as they currently are and concluded they would never be paid. Pompey just reported to be talking to Viduka.

Having only just signed Crouch, Arry is now on about still being after Huntelaar:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5461506,00.html

It was mentioned on here a couple of days ago and I have to agree - he should be pulled up by the FA with the amount he talks about others clubs' players.

I despise him as a manager the most in the Prem. It doesn't help that all my Spurs' fan mates go on about him as the messiah and yet before he took over they couldn't stand the bloke!

I despise him as a manager the most in the Prem.

I used to think he was ok but I am growing to despise him (probably because he is the Spurs manager). He and they do have some talented players but there seems to be no logical thinking behind their transfer activity. Presumably they will try and balance their squad before the end of August.

Hopefully with their centre backs out injured they have another horrendous start to the season.

Graham Roberts on Spurs: 'The squad is overloaded in certain positions. We have about six right backs and five centre-forwards. We need a left sided player and we still don't have one while we also need a strong central midfield player.'

It seems pretty clear that Pavluychenko is 'Arry's fourth choice striker so I wonder where he'll end up. I can't imagine he wants to stay at a club where he'll barely ever play with the World Cup just around the corner.

If I were Robbie Keane I wouldn't be particularly happy with talk of Huntelaar coming in either because, presumably, he'd be relegated to fourth choice in Pav's place.

Spurs have plenty of attacking options, I don't get why they are in for Huntelaar. They made this mistake when they bought Bent in despite having Berbatov, Keane and Defoe on the books. In Defoe and Crouch, 'Arry already has a strike pair who compliment each other well and have experience playing together. There is no need for yet another option.

I despise him as a manager the most in the Prem. It doesn't help that all my Spurs' fan mates go on about him as the messiah and yet before he took over they couldn't stand the bloke!

I don't think that's limited to Spurs fans. Football fans are fickle by nature.

Huth is much better than Nelsen, would be great signing at anything under £4m.

Sorry, but that's just not right. Huth is a big dirty donkey whose only asset is that he is about 7 foot 4. Nelsen, whilst his form may have dipped is still a very good player to have on our books.

I am not saying that Ashton isn't going but the story is really shoddy journalism. West Ham had to use shirt numbers 1-24 not squad numbers. As Ashton is not fit Stanislas took him No 9.

Mark Hughes is a very clever manager. I've been following his transfer activity so far and he's been buying players they need to succeed, but he's been buying them from other Premier League clubs rather than abroad. He's not only considering risk management by signing proven players, but also weakening the squads around him. Very, very shrewd business. Besides Jo, all his other players have been sold or loaned out to clubs abroad, which I see as very clever as well.

With no other thread to really post this in, have to say that anyone who fancies a little bet might want to take a serious look at Marseille to win Ligue 1 next year. Putting together a very decent side and I think they'll take it.

A re-run of Pompey v Everton was showing in the bar where I was yesterday evening. Of the Pompey side including subs used, I could only count three players who are not gone, subject to bids or out of contract!

With no other thread to really post this in, have to say that anyone who fancies a little bet might want to take a serious look at Marseille to win Ligue 1 next year. Putting together a very decent side and I think they'll take it.

Havent they lost their captain though?

Easy to replace?

In any case, the playing field is far more even now. The title race should be very exciting.

It still won't match the intensity of the Prem relegation scrap and the race for promotion for the fizzy pop clubs.

Can't believe Fulham could get Huth for 2M. Absolute bargain.

Before you say that you need to find out what are his wages and signing on fee 47er.

Paul Hart on Mokoena:

"Aaron's a strong player who bites in the tackle and he's the sort of character we're going to need in the coming months.

"I watched him play for South Africa in the Confederations Cup over the summer and he did great.

"He can play in defence or in midfield but I mostly see him as a midfielder. We've done extremely well to get him here. I'm really pleased that he's joined.

"Both Steve and Aaron have got plenty of experience and they're both very good players."

Hysterical. If I were a betting man, I'd put my life savings on Pompey going down this season.

Archived