BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK this morning's trawlings:

Yildiric to Man U for £3m (amazing deal if true)

Ashley Young pledged future to Villa with Jenas finally joining Villa from Spuds for £7m (Spuds unhappy that its not more).

Arsenal bid for Chamakh

Sunderland/Spuds/Bent deadlocked.

Beye to Hull looking likely.

Pompey to turn MBami and Pancrate trials into two and one year contracts respectively (a couple of familiar names there).

OK this morning's trawlings:

Yildiric to Man U for £3m (amazing deal if true)

Manchester United are preparing a £3.5m offer for Bursaspor striker Sercan Yildirm.

Just saw that as well, he's going to be a serious player I've been watching him for a while. Wouldn't have thought united would have been the best move for him at this stage of his career, he should come to rovers.

Paul Hart on Mokoena:

"Aaron's a strong player who bites in the tackle and he's the sort of character we're going to need in the coming months.

"I watched him play for South Africa in the Confederations Cup over the summer and he did great.

"He can play in defence or in midfield but I mostly see him as a midfielder. We've done extremely well to get him here. I'm really pleased that he's joined.

"Both Steve and Aaron have got plenty of experience and they're both very good players."

Hysterical. If I were a betting man, I'd put my life savings on Pompey going down this season.

Comments like this make me seriously wonder whether I couldn't do a better job. What is Hart on?

Incidently although Finnen has experience, which might be a shrewd Ooijer-esque signing, I read somewhere he only started something like three games for Espanyol last season which raises serious question marks over the transfer. It looks like Hart's signed a crock.

Havent they lost their captain though?

Easy to replace?

They've lost a few players this summer, but brought in players who will do really well in Ligue 1. PSG fans are heartbroken that Heinze has signed for them. L'OM and PSG are fierce rivals and Heinze had always said that PSG was his club in his heart and that he wanted to finish his career in Paris, PSG fans have loved him even after he left and this move has made many very angry. Not surprising in modern football though.

They'll do well. Lyon are not what they were. Bordeaux are unconvincing.

Consistent reports that Villa are about to sign Wesley Schneider for E15m.

If so, then MON will have done it again. You'd have thought Villa were taking a step backwards, but Scneijder is a considerable improvement on Barry. And for just £15m? That would be an amazing purchase.

I just can't see it happening though. He is one of the world's top midfielders and there must be bigger clubs out there willing to pay just £15m for him. Arsenal would be an obvious example.

Archived