BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Interesting comments from Leeds on Delph & Villa:

"Leeds United can confirm that a fee has been agreed with Aston Villa for Fabian Delph.

"Leeds United wishes to place on record our appreciation for the honourable manner in which Aston Villa have conducted their interest in the player.

"The club has resisted approaches from other FA Premier League clubs since agreeing terms with Aston Villa.

"Having given Villa our commitment to transfer the player (subject to medical), we had no intention of going back on that."

Just shows Hughes & Redknapp that 'tapping up' does not always work!!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pompey sales to continue.................

"Until this takeover happens, neither the old nor the new owner is placing any money into the business," Storrie told The Sun.

"When - and if - it does, I'm not yet aware of what finance will be available for (new) players.

"The business has debts to pay and the banks are not releasing funds, so this leaves the club with no option but to sell to keep going.

"I agree we need new players, a stadium, but we can't do it without finance and we've had none of this for more than nine months."

Couple of snippets from the BBC:

Derby County midfielder Robbie Savage has revealed he has a sleepwalking problem that once resulted in him dragging a team-mate out of bed, having imagined a train was going to hit the building.

Daily Star

Russia fans have been told to drink whisky on their trip to Wales for September's World Cup qualifier to avoid catching swine flu. (Daily Express)

There you have it guys we all have to drink whisky to avoid the dreaded pig flu.

EDIT: Madrid to turn attentions to fabregas???? If you can't afford Alonso WTF makes them think they could afford Fabregas. They maybe rich they maybe successful but they don't half make me laugh.

Lescott has told Everton he wants out according to 5 live.

Senderos set to sign for £7m for Everton.

Leeds had agreed a fee with City for Delph, but they asked for a 1 week delay to the move, so Leeds rejected them,

Back page of all the liverpool papers say Lescott stays and that man city can go do one. Fans say if he's unhappy do we want him??? When I told one they where signing Senderos, he just walked away.

No point keeping an unhappy player - just look at RSC if you dont agree.

Lescott wants to join City and earn big bucks, can hardly blame him.

Couldn't agree more, just like any other employer / employee situation:

Why are you going? Answer: They are doubling my salary

Man asking question should then be silent... (i.e. If you and I were offered double bubble, in most scenario's, we'd be gone, wouldn't we?)

HOWEVER, he should have the moral fibre to ask for the transfer and explain why, most sensible supporters would then have no real beef, after all, Everton, like most teams in the Prem, is a selling club, end of!

True - but how many players come out and say 'I want to go as they are doubling/ trebling my salary'? They havent got the balls.

To be fair, their 'project' is starting to look a much improved team - once the gel, they will be a very good side.

SSN reporting that Real Madrid and Liverpool have agreed a fee for Xabi Alonso fee believed to be around £30 million.

Liverpool are apparently already in talks with Juventus to sign Christian Poulson (sp) as Alonso's replacement.

I can definately say that for all City's dosh they have been made to look amateurish by both Leeds and Villa, I mean, the kid Delph looks to be a real prospect but what chance would he ever have at City with them buying all and sundry ?

I dont see poulson being the answer to the loss of Alonso. I believe that if he isnt replaced with suitable quality Liverpool will struggle.

United seem to have major snags all over. No money, no back 4 and no hope of replacing clownaldo with suitable skill or quality.

Chelsea are laughing all the way to the title :P

For once I'm actually in favour of a decision that Benetiz has made. £30 million for a player that didn't even start half the league games last season, has wanted out for a while and has had a few long term injuries lately, is very good business.

That said, he'll probably blow the lot on 3/4 useless Spanish imports that will return to Spain inside 12 months for a third of the price.

Archived