BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Belhadj? What are Pompy playing at?

Beginning to wish I'd put more money than I did on Pompey to go down at 8/1.

Liverpool have agreed a fee with Roma for midfielder Alberto Aquilani fee is around £20 million.

Cracking signing for Liverpool, that'll really soften the blow of losing Alonso.

Looks like they've got an extra £10 million to strengthen elsewhere too, I wonder if they'll push for David Silva now? They need some proper backup to Torres as well, they can't have N'Gog as his understudy and win the title.

Is he any good?

He's a very useful player actually from what I've seen of him, not sure if he's in Alonso's class or worth 20m, but that's how much players cost now I guess.

He's only mid 20's so he could progress into the Alonso role. Don't remember seeing him on the Roma team sheet too often last year though, don't know if he was injured or if he's just gone downhill and Liverpool are getting mugged!!

Just goes to show though that with the likes of Alonso going to Madrid and Ronaldo going there too that even the best clubs can't keep their players if they really want to leave. I still don't understand when some people seem to think we shouldn't have sold Roque!

Liverpool have agreed a fee with Roma for midfielder Alberto Aquilani fee is around £20 million.

I think he will be excellent when he adjusts to the pace of the premiership.

Gerrard, Mascerano, Aquilani is probably the best central midfield in the premiership imo.

Chelsea come close with Lampard, Essien and Ballack but the German fella is getting on a bit and I despise him for what happened in our semi final!

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has boosted his forward line with the signing of Spurs striker Darren Bent. England international Bent, 25, has signed a four-year deal after the two clubs agreed a £10m fee.

Edit: Spurs' stock exchange notification says:

Tottenham Hotspur plc announces that agreement has been reached for the transfer

of the player registration of Darren Bent to Sunderland AFC for a total

consideration of up to GBP16.5 million.

So £10M + extras then?

Gerrard, Mascerano, Aquilani is probably the best central midfield in the premiership imo.

Chelsea come close with Lampard, Essien and Ballack but the German fella is getting on a bit and I despise him for what happened in our semi final!

Personally, I thought that the Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard trio was the best CM combination in the world after Barca's Iniesta, Xavi and Toure.

I'm sure Aquilani is a good player, but almost as important is how they spend this additional £10m because, going into the new season with the options they have up front and on the wing, they won't get close to the title.

It may be the best but is weakened considerably with Alonso gone, Aquilini is a strong player but if they were going to spend those kind of dollars at Roma I would have gone for Perrotta or De Rossi.

Rafa kinda does it again, a quality midfielder but not world class, why not go for Veira on a free to do a defensive job and spend some money on some wingers or D Villa?

Rafa kinda does it again, a quality midfielder but not world class, why not go for Veira on a free to do a defensive job and spend some money on some wingers or D Villa?

Thats a little random though isnt it. He dosent need a medfielder to do a defencive job because he has Mascerano to do that. He lost Alonso and needed to replace him so the move makes sense.

What Liverpool need is someone to play up front with Torres (or at least someone decent for when Torres gets injured which we all know will happen at some point - as said Villa would be amazing for them but I dont think he would leave Spain. Now they have a bit of money why they dont go for someone like Huntelaar is beyond me.

City at it again: Manchester City finally expect to complete the signing of Everton defender Joleon Lescott on Thursday in a deal worth £22m. (Full story: The Sun)

More signs that Pompey are going down:

Portsmouth goalkeeper David James could be set for a move to Sunderland with Pompey close to signing Antti Niemi on a free transfer. (Full story: The Sun)

Portsmouth striker David Nugent could be set for a move away from the club after a bust-up with team-mate Marc Wilson, with Stoke in discussions over a £4m move. (Full story: Various)

SSN - 7.25 According to reports in The Times, Liverpool are ready to revive their interest in Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin as Rafa Benitez looks to bring in a replacement for Sami Hyypia

Mokoena made his debut as a second half sub for Pompey in their 4-0 defeat to Benfica.

It's a terrible thing to be a Pompey fan right now.

Glad to see the lad is contributing to the cause.

Do feel sorry for the fans though - well most of them, not those that chased us out of the disabled area the season before last <_< .

Mokoena made his debut as a second half sub for Pompey in their 4-0 defeat to Benfica.

It's a terrible thing to be a Pompey fan right now.

I'm happy that one of the problems associated with a takeover have finally come home to roost and somebody is paying the piper.

Archived