BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Backroom

Pompey are in major trouble right now. Bringing in Moko is bad enough, but bringing back the 37-year old retired Niemi to replace 39-year old David James? Deary me. I know keepers generally play far longer than outfield players but the fact Niemi was retired does not bode well.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pompey are in major trouble right now. Bringing in Moko is bad enough, but bringing back the 37-year old retired Niemi to replace 39-year old David James? Deary me. I know keepers generally play far longer than outfield players but the fact Niemi was retired does not bode well.

Cost cutting on the bus passes, I guess. ;)

Megson. Benni or JR ???????? :lol:;)

Search for striker.

Poorest story of the summer so far? :huh:

In relation to the Everton Stadium story

Tesco, who also plan to build on the new Kirkby site, have deployed JCBs and a team of wildlife experts to help the animals move home.

:mellow::lol: I wonder which of the two will get there first?

Poorest story of the summer so far? :huh:

Nup, that was on sky sports news last night. They managed a whole 5 minute article about the fact that the average height of the Arsenal team is 3 inches smaller than it was 5 years ago. :blink: I know not that much happened yesterday but deary me!

• Backroom
According to the Sun (so it must be right) Bent ended up at Sunderland for 10m on 50k p.w.

Great deal for Sunderland that imo. Shame it was deemed he was out of our price range.

We'll see. Not worth that much IMO. He'll have his chance to prove himself this season... I'll be very interested, as I've followed him since he was at Ipswich and been dismayed at the lack of (footballing) progress he's made.

According to the Sun (so it must be right) Bent ended up at Sunderland for 10m on 50k p.w.

Great deal for Sunderland that imo. Shame it was deemed he was out of our price range.

£10m upfront, £6m in extras.

£50k per wage as standard, with bonus' no doubt added on too!!

Thats a little random though isnt it. He dosent need a medfielder to do a defencive job because he has Mascerano to do that. He lost Alonso and needed to replace him so the move makes sense.

No I don't see why? Liverpool play with two defensive midfielders and passers in Mascha and(was) Alonso, Viera to me is an older but like for like replacement, he is rumoured to be on his way out of Inter, take the 30 million you just got for Alonso and the money from other sales and go knock on the door of Valencia and throw 50m at their feet for Villa.

Huntelaar is about to sign for Milan

Not transfer related but found this funny for the city of Liverpool. Everton's plans to build a new 50,000-seater stadium have been jeopardised by a colony of water voles.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06082009/58/...on-stadium.html

Yes, but the Government hasn't even given them planning permission to build anything yet, so the implications of voles might be irrelevant. I also believe many toffees are against moving up the East Lancs Road to Kirkby...

SPL query.

Do any of the watchers of French football know much about Celtic's new loan signing Landry N'Guemo, from Nancy? I saw brief highlights of his performance against Dinamo Moscow and thought that he was a very good player. It made me wonder if we went for the wrong N'somebody French-based midfielder... I guess, however, that N'Guemo will be a lot more expensive, being an established topflight footballer.

Archived