BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Zamora was because of the Bullard thing - he wanted £45-50k a week and the club offered him £30-35k and wouldn't up it. Beye never went for talks, Brown and Duffen (chairman) made it known a fee had been agreed, which obviously alerted Villa - Villa with Europa League footie to offer or Hull City who just avoided relegation - not a tough one to work out why Hull City lost out there. Even Daryl Murphy demanded a high wage and he was being brough in as back-up so Brown told him to shove it.

Owen - Hull or Man Utd?

Fortune - Hull or Champs League and work with former boss at Celtic and possibly win a title?

Campbell - wanted to work with Bruce.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delph had a great game for Villa today against Fiorentina:

Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli said: "I know all about Ashley Young but I was not aware of this boy Delph. I was very impressed. He has a great personality, never lost a ball and always had an alternative."

Portsmouth boss Paul Hart has revealed Mark Viduka has accepted a deal in principle, but is waiting for the striker to return from holiday.

So Viduka has been holidaying for 2½ months? If he's in any kind of playing condition before October, it would be miracle.

It's Viduka, he's not been in any kind of playing condition for 5 years. He's a waster.

@ Sunderland singing Bent for 10 million : this is kind of, you know...

We finish above them, we sell 21 million worth of players, they sell no one big, and they can still easily outspend us. A club that can't stay in the Premiership for a significant number of seasons at that.

@ Sunderland singing Bent for 10 million : this is kind of, you know...

We finish above them, we sell 21 million worth of players, they sell no one big, and they can still easily outspend us. A club that can't stay in the Premiership for a significant number of seasons at that.

We got lucky with the takeover and new owner & Quinny. No guarantees in football, but i think we are finally in a position to stop the 'yo-yo' tag we've always had.

We do have plenty of money to spend, but are also getting rid of players and getting wages down. Chopra, Whitehead & Halford brought in about 9million + extras. More players to go before end of window will bring in more.

Total spend this summer so far is 18.5 million + extras so net spend just under 10 mill. Not bad when you consider the dross we got rid of and what we've replaced it with. I'm sure we'll spend more yet, providing we can attract them up to North East which is easier said than done!

We got lucky with the takeover and new owner & Quinny. No guarantees in football, but i think we are finally in a position to stop the 'yo-yo' tag we've always had.

We do have plenty of money to spend, but are also getting rid of players and getting wages down. Chopra, Whitehead & Halford brought in about 9million + extras. More players to go before end of window will bring in more.

Total spend this summer so far is 18.5 million + extras so net spend just under 10 mill. Not bad when you consider the dross we got rid of and what we've replaced it with. I'm sure we'll spend more yet, providing we can attract them up to North East which is easier said than done!

I think you lot need to stop taking the p1ss out of your great rivals and wonder whether or not you have embarked down the same road. Remember these two old sayings..... 'marry in haste repent at leisure' and 'pride comes before a fall'. ;) Being taken over by investors means that an unconnected and uncommitted somebody somewhere wants to make a profit from and not for your club. Spending above your income will inevitably end in tears.

Oh dear, we've got another Harry Redknapp.

Are these guys stupid 'I like this player, I want him bla bla bla... but he's an x player, so we can't really talk about him'. If you want him, just say you do, don't pretend like you're being respectful to the other club.

• Backroom

The community shield is a decent game now.

Chelsea winning 2-1 United unhappy cause a player was down for Chelsea's second although they didnt put it out when thye had the ball but as soon as they lost it expect the game to be stopped.

Typical.

I only watched the 2nd half ..But it looked to me ,that Man U are no longer the kings of the Premiership ...

Midfield of Park, Fletcher and Park . No exactly top drawer .

Valencia to replace Ronaldo .. No can't see that one !!!

Scholes and Giggs ,wonderful players and servants for the club are well in to their 30s ..

Fergie needs to spend and spend big ..

M Owen go and ask the geordies about him ..He will get a few goals against the lower lights in the league and europe ..

I don't like left footers taking penalties.

You mean left footers that can't actually take them ;)

I only watched the 2nd half ..But it looked to me ,that Man U are no longer the kings of the Premiership ...

Midfield of Park, Fletcher and Park . No exactly top drawer .

Park does appear to be everywhere at once, but I think playing two positions at once will be a strech :P

If anything the game highlighted just how compact a side Chelsea are.

They are going to win the league hands down.

I seriously pity Hull who visit them first game, its such a walk over game that Hull may as well send their reserve side out.

United have shown their downside, and like us, its the midfield area that will let them down.

Archived